Ford trouble

K

Inactive User
Reaction score
Howdoo..

Ford C-max titanium The car was first registered 1st september 2008..

Now thats out of the way.

Yesterday came home from work and the mrs said theres water in the passenger footwell and water smells.. we had used to car sunday where we did 200 miles.. and no water was there then..

So phoned Ford today to get it fixed as its just 1 year 3 days old.. and OMC in oldham said because its over 1 year old we wont touch it.. As water leaks are not covered after the first 12 months..

They want £60 to diagnose and then the repair cost ..

So phoned customer service and got nowhere.. told them its 12 months old.. 3 days past the first 12.. its still got 2 years warrenty left..

i think theyre being harsh for 3 days.. considering the 1st was a bank holiday.. lol

Can anyone give advise on this.. or maybe anyone with a garage who think they might know where the water is coming from?? ive checked around the drains etc.. ford did tell me to check the pollen filter inder the wind screen so will check that when the mrs gets home..

deffiently the heater matrix..

seal gone, does the heater / air con work,

If its the heater matrix how can they charge for this?? surely if it has gone surly this is part of the warrenty????

Take it back and argue with the service department - as it was a 3 year warrenty - They should fix it.

As far as im aware its only ware and tare parts that are not covered - So the heater martix should be.

This should help you argue your case :

What’s covered
Base Warranty
This covers the repair or replacement of any parts found to be defective due to manufacturing errors for one year – and then another two years with Ford Protect. Repairs will be carried out at Ford Authorised Dealers.

Parts Warranty
Ford Authorised Dealers only use original Ford replacement parts for warranty repairs. These parts meet our stringent quality and safety standards, which means the performance and the resale value of your Ford are less likely to be affected.

Paint Warranty
We also cover the paintwork on your Ford against corrosion and defective work. If a problem is found, we’ll repair it free of charge.

Corrosion Protection Warranty
Your Ford bodywork is covered against perforation by rust, from the inside or underside, for 6 to 12 years, depending you vehicle. However, surface rusting caused by scratches or stone chips, isn’t covered.

Wear and tear
Items that are subject to wear and tear are generally divided into two categories, namely those specified for replacement or adjustment during scheduled maintenance and those that require replacement or adjustment dependent upon conditions of use.

Scheduled maintenance items
The parts listed below have a limited service life and are either replaced or adjusted during scheduled maintenance operations. These parts are covered by the Ford Base Warranty up to the first point at which replacement or adjustment becomes due. The
period of warranty cover for any item may not exceed the time and distance limitations of the Ford Base Warranty.

* Drive belts
* Spark plugs
* Oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, diesel particulate filter and fuel filters.

Wear and tear items
The items listed below have either a limited service life or are subject to damage. However, these items are covered by the Ford Base Warranty for up to one year or the vehicle's first scheduled service, whichever occurs first:

* Wiper blades
* Light bulbs. (Xenon headlamp bulbs and fascia / instrumentation illumination are covered for the full duration of the Ford Base Warranty)
* Remote control handset batteries
* Adjustments, including but not limited to: headlamp and hinged panel adjustments, suspension tightening, steering geometry adjustments and handbrake cable adjustments are covered up to 1 month or 1,000 miles / 1,500 kilometres, whichever comes sooner, from the date of first registration.

Note: Brake pads, brake shoes, brake discs, clutch and any other friction related components are not covered when replacement is due to wear and tear, but they are covered against manufacturing defects for the duration of the Ford Base Warranty.
Note: Glass is covered by the Ford Base Warranty for up to 1000 miles / 1500 kilometres. Glass replacement due to heating element failure is covered throughout the Ford Base Warranty period.

Consumable fluids
Replacement or 'top-up' of consumable fluids, e.g. oils, coolant, brake fluid, windscreen wash solution and refrigerant, is covered only when they are used as part of a warranty repair.

Exclusions
While our warranties are comprehensive, there are some things we don’t cover.

Ford is not responsible for any repair or replacement that is required as a direct result
of:

* Damage caused by neglect, flooding, accident, rallying, racing or any other improper use
* Normal wear and tear
* Failure to properly maintain the vehicle in accordance with Ford maintenance schedules and service instructions
* Failure to properly maintain paint and bodywork by regular cleaning in accordance with Ford instructions
* Unauthorised modifications of the vehicle or its components
* Refilling or topping up with incorrect specification fuel (see 'Owner's Guide')
* CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) and LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) conversions that are not approved by Ford
* Use of bio-diesel or bio-ethanol alternative fuels in concentrations that exceed 5% (Excludes: Ford flexible fuel vehicles (FFV))
* Use of supplemental additives and flushing agents for fuel or engine oil (unless specified as part of a Ford service requirement)
* Failure to rectify on a timely basis any paint or corrosion damage identified during the Body and Paint Check
* Factors beyond Ford control, such as: airborne contamination, storm damage, stone chips, scratches and the use of unsuitable cleaning agents
* Repairs using methods that have not been approved by Ford
* Failure to use genuine Ford branded parts and fluids or, parts and fluids that match the quality of genuine Ford branded parts and fluids.

Repairs covered by Ford Warranties can be performed by only Ford Authorised Dealers except in case of emergency (for example remobilising the vehicle if a Ford Authorised Dealer cannot assist).

Link : New Car Warranty

I've got the same problem with my ford focus. Its a known fault with the the pollen filter.
You can buy a new pollen filter with the housing from Ford for about £41 +vat

This should help you argue your case :

Link : New Car Warranty

There is no mention there of water damage... so where are they making this up from??

Just got the car.. had the bonnet up nothing i can see.. no leaves or mud..

The inside is swimming and the car still had the new smell to it on sunday.. now it smells rotten and discusting..

Ive logged a complaint with ford.. she told me to take the car to a ford garage pay the £60 diag and when they find the problem and if it is covered ie pollen seal or matrix they will pay for it.. there isnt any seals out of place all water escapes fine.. so its not door seals..

The just got to argue the toss in getting my £60 diag back.. im gonna push for my carpet to be cleaned or replaced as it smells rank for a car thats 1 year old..

I've got the same problem with my ford focus. Its a known fault with the the pollen filter.
You can buy a new pollen filter with the housing from Ford for about £41 +vat

Cheers, will keep that in mind.. but this arguement is basikaly that the car is stull under warrenty and should be covered and paid for by ford.. :) oh and its not a Focus Cmax its a Cmax.. :S

Yeah - i Wouldnt just give in mate - Fight it until you get it fixed - Also check the aircon drain tubes when there blocked mositure can drain on to the footwells (I doubt it be blocked being a year old car but its worth a mention)

Hope you get it fixed mate!

I had a Problem with a blown engine , some years ago on a Sierra 2.0 GLX .
10 days out of warranty and the Ford gargage where i bought it from wanted £1500 for a new engine (alot of money 15 years ago).
They would not budge until i told them i was going to have the car towed by a horse through the town on market day, with a Plackard on the roof and a mobile PA system to tell everyone about their great customer service.
I was going to invite the National press along for a laugh and some bad publicity.
Having passed on the threat to the sales manager and told him to watch this space, i received a call from one of the Directors asking for a meeting within 2hrs.
They agreed to buy the car back if i paid £500 towards the repairs and give me a good PX against another car off their forcourt.

The moral of the story is "dont let them win" and use every dirty trick (sorry bit of publicity) in your favour.

Update ::

Ford Customer service phoned yesterday and said they cant find the leak.. they have used a jet wash and there was no leak.. and that a jet wash produces more water than rain.. blah blah.. I told him not good enough, the carpet is pished wet through and the water must be coming from somewhere... :S

So i gets a call from the garage today and they say they have found the leak in a seam behind one of the fuse boxes.. theyve removed the fuse box sealed it all and its not leaking anymore.. . he also said he has spoken to Ford customer services and they say that they are willing to pay 50% of the repair cost so you owe us £162.32..

What should i do guys??

i got a 2001 focus (old model than yours) - i had the exact same problem, footwell swimming with water. Turns out, at the bottom of the windscreen on the passenger side there's a drip tray to catch and guide the water away - because just under it in the inlet for the air vents. if the plastic cowelling on the bottom of the window cowelling seal isn't fitted properly water pours straight down this vent and straight into the footwell.

i used some clear bathroom sealant, stuck it back down onto the window - no gaps - problem sorted.

it's a known problem even on the older focus's - argue the point, mention watchdog and local trading standards - write them a letter saying you've done research on the internet and it's unacceptable.

Cheers @ 2 prev posts..

got back on to ford customer service.. basikaly kept cool and let them speak about the warrenty.. at the end of the call i asked for a complaints address as i would be sending a letter... he said why? told him ill b sending a letter and contacting trading standards... his answer to that was dont contact them yet.. ill esculate it to a manager who will ring you back blah blah... i then told him that the vehical was unfit for purpose.. etc etc.. so im waiting for a call.. :)

I bought the car to keep me dry not to have a fitted water feature.. if id of wanted to get wet id of spent 15k less and got a motorbike...

Back