Ford Transit Key - Duplicate information

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi guys I have 1 key for my ford transit van, when I bought the van it had one key.

I have the blue one left, not sure if this is good or bad :(

Is there any where I can go and get it sorted in london without having all my barrells and locks changed.

I am sure? I posted this before but I thought the shiny new motor section should get some exposure.

Thank you!

Mickie

Hi guys I have 1 key for my ford transit van, when I bought the van it had one key.

I have the blue one left, not sure if this is good or bad :(

Is there any where I can go and get it sorted in london without having all my barrells and locks changed.

I am sure? I posted this before but I thought the shiny new motor section should get some exposure.

Thank you!

Mickie
i think the blue key is a master key u can get a new key cut and program the key with the master
and u can also program the new key to unlock and lock the doors
i will post some info in a bit

Last edited:
to programme yourself you will need blue chip key and a 2nd key. if you havnt got 2 keys then its off to fords you go m8, they charge silly money for a key, get 1 from fleebay mate then off to fords you go , they use pats and pats 2 so iv never found any one to do a ford key in 15 yrs matey, they shouls charge you 30 mins of labour mate as its a 10 min job on there macvhine. they will reprogramme all the old and new keys to the car.(or van)

to programme yourself you will need blue chip key and a 2nd key. if you havnt got 2 keys then its off to fords you go m8, they charge silly money for a key, get 1 from fleebay mate then off to fords you go , they use pats and pats 2 so iv never found any one to do a ford key in 15 yrs matey, they shouls charge you 30 mins of labour mate as its a 10 min job on there macvhine. they will reprogramme all the old and new keys to the car.(or van)

No need to go fords mate, there is a place I used when I got my Mondeo (2002) .... they read the chip in the one key I had, re-programmed two more keys and then cleared the ecu of any others that was on there so only the new ones would start the car :)

Its ... locksmith becontree avenue dagenham - Google Maps

21st Century Locksmiths

143 Becontree Avenue, Dagenham, Essex, RM8 2UL‎ - 07791 205595‎

Were very helpful with me :) and pretty cheap as well

Thanks very much lads been a bit busy lately, and not able to post or do anything really lol.

Can I do this myself if I bought equipment ?

Next question lol how much ;)

If not I will try that dagenham one its not to far from me really

Mickie

Theres a place i think near muswell hill that does it mate they are very good.
I used them when i had an Audi to do a key..i supplied them with a few radio codes and the guy did my key for free lol.

I will post the address to you when i get home.

There you go...give these guys a ring.

Car key duplicate programing remote controle, VW Audi Ford

299 Muswell Hill Broadway, London N10

Last edited:
Nice one I am working in muswell hill after xmas :)

Thanks very much devil... bailing me out again pal, becoming a habit ;)

Mickie

Back