for them who want windows vista

jase02476

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i hadwindows vista and it was relly hard to get programs to work with it and webcams and so on so i installed windows xp mce and installed a the new vista transformation pack 4.0 and i like it better than vista everythin i throw at it works so i have put some screenshots for you to see but it is to big to put on herer so you will have to download it from here http://rapidshare.de/files/20921899/vtp4.zip.html but its spot on :proud:
it shoud work with windodows xp pro and home aswell

Last edited:
jase02476 said:
how come you had to install it in safe mode m8

it installed but i only got the boot and shut down screens, no tool bars or themes, i looked in appearences but no vista themes were there, just default xp and classic. so i read the installation guide again and it says somewere that in some cases it cant overwrite certian files or something to that effect, if this is the case rollback and install in safe mode, which i did and it worked perfect.

i suppose it could be something to do with updates because when it booted with the vista pack installed i had 3 MS updates waiting and none of my other pc's needed them.

i tried 3 times in normal mode but it just gave me the boot screens like i said.

Kryton said:
it installed but i only got the boot and shut down screens, no tool bars or themes, i looked in appearences but no vista themes were there, just default xp and classic. so i read the installation guide again and it says somewere that in some cases it cant overwrite certian files or something to that effect, if this is the case rollback and install in safe mode, which i did and it worked perfect.

i suppose it could be something to do with updates because when it booted with the vista pack installed i had 3 MS updates waiting and none of my other pc's needed them.

i tried 3 times in normal mode but it just gave me the boot screens like i said.
u need to click all the boxes m8

smirnoff_rules said:
u need to click all the boxes m8

they were all clicked ;)
they was also all clicked when installed in safe mode. and it worked. it states this somewere in the important read me in the install

Kryton said:
they were all clicked ;)
they was also all clicked when installed in safe mode. and it worked. it states this somewere in the important read me in the install
i just uninstalled myne i didernt want to and i reinstalled it in safemode i think its so no firewalls and antivires software is inabulled when you install it and any other programs

Baaheeduk said:
When I started the .exe. The set up automatically disabled my internet security until installed.

No probs here?

:)

it disabled my anti-virus too and no other programs were running, my firewall is my router. but it does state in the read me if there is no vista theme after install is complete it's because the install couldn's overwrite certain files, if this is the case rollback and install in safe mode, i dont know why. but as i said in normal mode all i got was the boot screens, after installing in safe mode it worked first time.
im not saying this will happen on all machines, but it's useful info if it occurs for somebody else too ;)

it really has made alot of difference to my xp, default blue is boring and the silver tool bar i hate, but this is ideal

Last edited:
Kryton said:
it disabled my anti-virus too and no other programs were running, my firewall is my router. but it does state in the read me if there is no vista theme after install is complete it's because the install couldn's overwrite certain files, if this is the case roillback and install in safe mode, i dont know why. but as i said in normal mode all i got was the boot screens, after installing in safe mode it worked first time.
im not saying this will happen on all machines, but it's useful info if it occurs for somebody else too ;)

it really has made alot of difference to my xp, default blue is boring and the silver tool bar i hate, but this is ideal

Yep, Whatever works I guess? Good though.

tried on a few computers now and works on them all , but on two of the theme can not me changed so u can not change to the black tool bar on the bottom , checked in the themes folder in windows and it there but the theme changer doesnt find them ? and l found this after install .l know its from this lm behind firewalls and router

logger.png

so check that file and delete it lads

smirnoff_rules said:
tried on a few computers now and works on them all , but on two of the theme can not me changed so u can not change to the black tool bar on the bottom , checked in the themes folder in windows and it there but the theme changer doesnt find them ? and l found this after install .l know its from this lm behind firewalls and router

logger.png

so check that file and delete it lads
i just had a mess about with myne and had a bit of trubbul getting the tool bar back m8 but this is how i did it right click on your descktop click properties go to apperarancece and windows and buttons chang to aro style (glass-beta 2)
then coler cheme glass-light then frunt size segoe ui then click desktop tab and you want lenghorn then click the theme tab and you want to set theme to my currunt theme (modified) try that m8

jase02476 said:
i just had a mess about with myne and had a bit of trubbul getting the tool bar back m8 but this is how i did it right click on your descktop click properties go to apperarancece and windows and buttons chang to aro style (glass-beta 2)
then coler cheme glass-light then frunt size segoe ui then click desktop tab and you want lenghorn then click the theme tab and you want to set theme to my currunt theme (modified) try that m8
that ws the problem that wasnt working, anyway done now . uninstall and restart then turn off and only install in safe mode and its fine and the keylogger isnt there now . ??

smirnoff_rules said:
that ws the problem that wasnt working, anyway done now . uninstall and restart then turn off and only install in safe mode and its fine and the keylogger isnt there now . ??
glad you got it sorted out m8 :proud:

cg010169 said:
Great find mate, works fine on my comp.
it is good ent it i meen have you tryed windows vista itsts a pain in tha ass and nothing works with it but this is just like haveing windows vista but everything works with it its grate :Clap:

i noticed in ur screenshots m8 that ur start button (bottom left of desktop) is a round windows icon. Mine still says start althought the colour of the bar is black. How u get the windows icon? Also my media player didnt change like yours has.

ice2004 said:
i noticed in ur screenshots m8 that ur start button (bottom left of desktop) is a round windows icon. Mine still says start althought the colour of the bar is black. How u get the windows icon?
when you installeled it what toolbar did you choos i choos vista

ice2004 said:
i noticed in ur screenshots m8 that ur start button (bottom left of desktop) is a round windows icon. Mine still says start althought the colour of the bar is black. How u get the windows icon? Also my media player didnt change like yours has.
or try this m8 right click on your descktop click properties go to apperarancece and windows and buttons chang to aro style (glass-beta 2)

ice2004 said:
i noticed in ur screenshots m8 that ur start button (bottom left of desktop) is a round windows icon. Mine still says start althought the colour of the bar is black. How u get the windows icon?

look in display properties/appearances and change windows and buttons to vista-beta 2

Back