OS activating windows 10 ;0)

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys, just dug out one of my old laptops, never had windows 10 installed before so i have no activation key, is there a free and safe way to activate windows 10 now, iv had a google but theres loads of sites offering programs to do it, but which one is the best/safest options.

thanks in advance!

cheers pal ill have a look at that.. good stuff, will report back soon. will i need to fully install windows 7 with all updates beforehand, i have a feeling i will, which i why i wanted to go straight to 10, lol!

from memory as long as sp1 with no updates whatsoever will work
just reinstalled win 7 and activated, went to link, all looking good so far, the iso i use is sp1 so hopefully i dont have to download hundreds of updates 1st, cheers pal, will let you know its on 7% download so will be back soon, hopefully...

always works for me mate without updates @ minute a new win10 update is released so may be slower
but should be fine mate they desperate to get all to 10 no matter what

just go get back to this, i installed a fresh copy of windows 7, went to the link downloaded the upgrader, it dowenloaded fine, install was going great, got to 99% and never completed, lol, left it on overnight too, still nothing, so iv now managed to install all windows 7 updates and this morning iv just set it away to try again, hopefully better luck this time.

make sure all drivers are updated before upgrading as that can cause issues but hope you get it next time

make sure all drivers are updated before upgrading as that can cause issues but hope you get it next time
funny because all drivers were upto date, i always use driverpack solutions it grabs all drivers needed which i done on both attempts, never mind though it sorted it 3rd time once i had done all the windows 7 updates which was a pain in the arse as the updater just doesnt seem to work properly these days on a fresh install, just keeps saying checking for updates but never actually does anything, lol.
cheers for the help though mate got there in the end, and that link saved the day, so appreciated.

Back