Footballers 1 Thugs 0

langland

Elite Member
Reaction score
What a disgustting performance by the Dutch.

Should have been down to 9 men by half time.

Howard Webb hang your head in shame.

Webb cost Holland the final. The final in whole was terrible, both sides were involved in dirty challenges. Spain were the better team but if that corner had been given just 30 seconds prior who knows what would have happened??

Dont know how you worked that one out , Holland have no one to blame but themselves , dont know how van bomel stopped on the pitch.
Webb cost Holland the final. The final in whole was terrible, both sides were involved in dirty challenges. Spain were the better team but if that corner had been given just 30 seconds prior who knows what would have happened??

yeah poor final, along with overall a poor world cup imho

a lot of yellow cards some perhaps a bit dubious but most were on totting up of discretions, and that was for both sides.

which is a surprise as both are noted for their flare and good football.

i wanted holland to win , they never dine themselves justice with all the dirty foauls commited they should have been down to @ the very least 9 men by half time , and i wont even mention howard webb

The bouncer must have had a few quid on Holland.

Well done Spain!

Knowing that they were no match, the Dutch adopted a 1970's German game plan. Foul and defend, then snatch one on the break.

It didn't work.

Just glad it didn't go to penalties.

Just cashed out £120, from my Spain bet before the tourney started. :)

what a load of garbage by the dutch! challenges were reckless and some of the off the ball stuff was just ridiculous! they were at it right from the start and i personally think howard webb did a good job with the cards... yes he could have sent players off before half-time but then all the talk would have surrounded around him and how he killed the final and for that reason he kept 11 v 11 for as long as he could....

as for the game, no doubt spain were worthy winners and should have wrapped the game up... must remember though that the dutch had 2-3 excellent opportunities especially the 1st robben 1on1..

i said couple months ago and just before the tournament started that it was very hard to look beyond spain because they are amazin team with a squad that is so talented and passionate about playing for their country that our bunch of pathetic moronic pansies should be ashamed for they produced... to have fabregas, torres & jesus navas coming off the bench to change the game for u is some testament to great footballing nation....

VIVA ESPANA!

Shocking tackles... Shocking world cup final.

What a let down.

Justice was done.
I dont think the ref was too bad .
There would have been out cry had he sent players of in the first half .
I was rooting for Holland pre match that soon changed

Dont know how you worked that one out , Holland have no one to blame but themselves , dont know how van bomel stopped on the pitch.

Completely agree about Van Bommel, I don't even understand how he didn't get sent off in every game he ahas played cause that is the way he plays,he has no idea on how to time a challenge, he just patrols behind the midfield and doesn't let anybody through.

As for Webb costing Holland the final I meant that if he had awarded the corner instead of a goal kick then things may have been different. Webb also did the right thing for the game by not sending 2 or 3 players off, it was the biggest stage in the world for these players and tbh both teams completely lost their minds, reckless taackles from the 3rd minute and that set the tone for the game.

Holland should never have got that far anyway, their football was seriously lacking and they got very lucky at times.

As for the dutch blaming Webb, they should be thanking him they only got 1 player sent off and very late in the game. Bommel, De Jong, Robben all should have been sent off along with Heitinga.

It was the right thing that Spain won, the team that tried to play football in the right way (i say tried as there was still some over acting of fouls and trying to get players booked).

Crap final, crap world cup.

Disappointing finale to a very average world cup.

Howard Webb did a sterling job, that was one of the dirtiest games I have ever seen. I thought the flying kick was going to be the precursor to the new Battle of Santiago, fortunately that didn't happen.

We have much to learn from the Spanish golden generation, well done to them.

Back