Fleebay seller trying it on. What do i do???

MOAMB

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Well first time i have come across this so not sure what to do, what do u think???

I ordered 2 costumes for a 80s fancy dress from fleebay. I spoke to the company on te phone as i was running out of time as it was earlie last week and the party was on Saturday and needed ideas and quick delivery.

They told me about a Banana Man and Danger Mouse costume. I decided to go for it and ordered them both. Both adverts said it was for everything to complete the outfits. The banana man cost £29.44 and the danger mouse cost £37.75 then i paid £10 for express delivery. I then noticed the seller had updated the Danger Mouse and the price had gone up to £72.35??? I had not received the items when i noticed but realised they had fooked up with the price so adjusted it after i had ordered and paid for mine. Received the both items on friday evening and guess what NO MASK included in the danger mouse costume.

I had decided that if they were honest with me i would accept a full refund but if they lied i would ask for the mask, guessed what they wasnt honest and if i sent the costume back i would receive a full refund so i then decided i wanted the mask. Guess what they wont send me the mask as its classed as faulty and i would have to reorder a new one YEAH RITE at £72.

Here is the reply i got

Im afraid we wont be able to send the just the mask, the item is actually classed as faulty and you can return the item to us for a full refund. In order to receive an exchange please note that the item will have to be re-ordered as this is the only and quickest way. Alternatively If you would prefer keeping the item I can offer you a 25% discount to your order. Could you please let me know what would be best?

Now ill be honest i have no use for the costume but i hate it when people lie and thats the only reason i have asked for the mask to complete the costume.

Now do i contact fleebay and put a complaint in and see if i can get the mask or just take the refund (really dont want to now tho cuz they pi55ed me off)

This is the item: DLUX COSTUME/MASK DANGER MOUSE/DANGERMOUSE FANCY DRESS

Cheers

Ray

If it said the mask was included in the original description then they should supply a replacement for the same price.

It works both ways, cos if you bought something on offer for £10 at Boots for example and then took it back and had to swap it and they had put the price up to £20 they would not expect you to pay they additional £10. Same as if you ask for your money back you would only get back £10.

Take the 25% discount and look for another mask. (You could always ask for 25% off £72.35 lol )

[ame]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DANGER-MOUSE-MASK-BN-FANCY-DRESS-CARTOONS-80S-/220745848410?pt=Adult_Fancy_Dress_UK&hash=item33657a565a[/ame]

Mate forget ebay and forget trying to make sense with the liers, paypal dispute. You didn't get what was advertised, go through paypal. You will win easy. Any issues, give paypal a ring and explain what happened.

Mate forget ebay and forget trying to make sense with the liers, paypal dispute. You didn't get what was advertised, go through paypal. You will win easy. Any issues, give paypal a ring and explain what happened.

Sorry pal but all the above is a complete waste of effort.

He is offering a full refund and that is a open and shut case for PayPal/eBay, you will never ever get him to send you the mask he will just keep offering a refund.

Give it up and return or accept the 25%.

:)

Sorry pal but all the above is a complete waste of effort.

He is offering a full refund and that is a open and shut case for PayPal/eBay, you will never ever get him to send you the mask he will just keep offering a refund.

Give it up and return or accept the 25%.

:)

I just read the original post again and you are 100percent right.

Make sure you leave bad feedback for the treatment tho!

This reminds me of delboy and rodney running down in a batman and robin costum lol

Last edited:
Sorry but im not having this. Im now thinkin if i cant get the mask, what if i send a package back that has to be signed for but not put the costume in there? Ill still have the costume and ill have proof of delivery and will get my refund via ebay or even paypal.

Do i play him at his own game??

The worst thing is if they had be honest with me i would have said fair play and had the refund with pleasure.

Sorry but im not having this. Im now thinkin if i cant get the mask, what if i send a package back that has to be signed for but not put the costume in there? Ill still have the costume and ill have proof of delivery and will get my refund via ebay or even paypal.

The worst thing is if they had be honest with me i would have said fair play and had the refund with pleasure.

You could do that, but if the seller is like me I video the opening of parcels so i always have proof of what was in the parcel for situations like this.

Im sorry but this is the kind of thing that really pisses me off with ebay.. people sending empty boxes..

Why not use the costume.. (buy a mask from elsewhere - pound shop or something)? then send it back get your refund.. you will end up quids in :)

Take the refund and write it off, leave bad feedback as stated.
Not worth the hassle or doing anything criminal as you have suggested.

I would never do anything criminal or against the law. We are ALL law abiding people on here. :banana:

Update:

I received a email asking me to ring them and they would honor the price i paid i would just need to send mine back and they would send me a complete costume back. I spoke to the girl i first spoke to on Wednesday then she passed me on to her manager.

I told him that i thought they had done it on purpose because they had messed up with he price. He said it would seem that way and agreed that the wearhouse staff should have realised the mask was no in the packet as its a big mask. He seemed honest and genuine. He even told me what they paid for the mask wholesale and guess what it was the same price as they charged me £35.75. Then take ebay fees and paypal fees and he has made a loss. :Clap:

Due to him being honest i have agreed to a refund and they will refund the postage it costs to send it back. As i said i have no use for the costume it was just the fact they had seemed to do it on purpose (in my eyes anyway).

Thanks for ur ideas. :proud:

Back