Flavour

chadda

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Have found there seems a drop in flavour ?? Like a warm taste almost like smoking steam not as full a flavour
As was.
Any advise please

Last edited:
what ecig kit have you got mate also i find when my battery is low the flavour drops

Thanks for reply m8 using a lava tube nomaly with vv tank
When you press the read button five times it gives a readout at the min it's 3.8 what would you say the reading should drop to before re charge ? Also should you not charge these batteries until totally flat ?

It could be your taste buds getting accustomed to the flavour if you don't vary your juice it happens to me quite a lot and I generally give up worrying about it, change flavours then go back to the one that wasn't doing it for me a few days ago and it's back to normal. With regards to your Lavatube, the mod should allow you to run the battery down until it becomes too low to power the Lavatube up, once that happens stick a fresh battery in and recharge the dying one as the Lavatube shouldn't allow you to discharge the battery fully and if you are using protected batteries they will stop working if they drop below a certain level. The other thing it may be is the coil may need changing in your tank, after a while the coil will start to gunk up, causing taste and wicking issues. If your using Silica wick empty the tank back into the bottle, remove the wick, wash it under the tap and dry burn it a few times to remove any gunk. This should give you about another week of vaping before you need to rewick/recoil or replace the head, but sooner or later your going to have to recoil or replace the head. If you have the patience you could buy a rebuildable Atty and use it to drip with as it gives much better flavour. I own a V3 Rebuildable from Vapingthings and for less than £13 you can't go wrong, then you open up a whole new world of vaping.

Regards

Liam

Just had a look on that site vaperinthings free shipping as well great stuff
What did you order from them ? As in the v3 range
Are you best ordering wire ect if so what's the best ?
Also thinking of having a go at there cheesecake e juice have you had any from them ?

replaced my wick with a bit of cotton wool pad after carefully pulling old wick out of the coil and dry burning coil on it own

1 carefully pull wick out(may feck up coil.its your choice)
2 run under tap to clean
3 dry burn a few times till coil goes red then stop at that point
4 get a cotton wool pad(100% wool) and cut into a strip then twist it, feed through the middle of coil
5 put a few drops on coil then reassemble and your good to go

dont let wick get dry ,turn ecig a few times before having puff

Last edited:
I ordered the V3 with the slim metal drip tip, but it comes with a Delrin (Plastic) tip as standard as some people don't like the feel of cold metal in their mouth. I normally order my wick from Cloud 9 Vaping as its £2.95 for 5m plus shipping, it's one of the cheapest places I've found and usually use 2mm wick. I've just bought some more wire from a seller on eBay and the price is pretty reasonable at £2 for 5m and shipping is only 90p. When my V3 arrived it came with some sample wick & wire to get you up and running, one thing you will probably need to do is give it a good clean before using it as when mine arrived it tasted of grease as it wasn't cleaned before I received, so strip it down and give it a good hot bath and it gives you the opportunity to learn how to make a coil. I normally heat the wire to remove any springiness and then wrap it around a small nail to make the coil. squeeze the coils together and then carefully "screw" the wick through the coil, if you wet the end of the wick to keep it together and turn it anti-clockwise it will screw through the coil and once its out of the other side you just carefully pull it through until you've got enough, cut it off and then build it up.

Regards

Liam

Last edited:
Ignore my original recommendation for the Phoenix and buy the Stainless Steel version available here as the Atomiser will last longer due to it being Stainless rather than Chrome Plated, with regards to juice I've only ordered Menthol from them but it's all a matter of taste and it can vary from juice vendor to juice vendor. One vendor that is highly recommended is Mount Baker Vapor good range, cheap prices, quick shipping and you can add extra flavour if you want. Keep the juice under £15 not including shipping and you won't get stung for VAT or Royal Mails "handling charge". 90ml in 3 x 30ml bottles for less than £20 delivered has got to be a bargain use the vaporfrombaker discount code for an extra 10% off.

Regards

Liam

Hi Liam
Just ordered Doublemint, Caramel candy, Extreme ice and Gummie bear from Mount Baker Vapor to try them as you said prices are really good but how long do they normally take to deliver ?

Normally get the Vermilion River juices from Ecigwizard as they seem to be good quality, the one I like best so far is the Fresh mint so does anyone know of others similar to this?

Cheers

Stewart

About a week is the usually length of time it takes for them to arrive, just make sure you let them steep before using them as the flavour will get better as the juice is mixed according to your requirements. Try and steep them for as long as possible and give them a shake every day or so.

Regards

Liam

Noticed on the site they sell bottles of the ready mixed base nicotine juice along with most of the flavours, looks like it could be a better idea the next time to get that so I can play with the strength of the mix, glad I paid the site a visit!!!

Thanks for the heads up, would never have found it myself

Stewart

You could buy the strongest unflavoured liquid they have and then mix it with your base liquid to bring it down to your usual strength, this way it will last longer, but one thing you need to aware of is anything over £15 is liable to VAT and if it's delivered by Royal Fail they have an £8 handling charge and it may not work out as cheap as you first expect. There are a number of UK Vendors that sell unflavoured e-liquid at different strengths for reasonable prices such as cig-eliquid or Vapourworld. You can always buy the flavours from Mount Baker and create your own concoctions and if you need to cut the unflavoured liquid you can use Boots own Glycerine which is cheap as chips and all the above should put you on the road to making your own. Bear in mind the first few attempts may not turn out as expected. Here's a little heads up on what to expect and maybe some help and guidance. Personally I can't be arsed to spend time mixing my own juices and then ending up with them tasting rank and for about £3 for a premixed 15ml bottle it's a no brainer.

Regards

Liam

Last edited:
just wondering Liam before i get one of these rebuilds not sure if its right for me ?
had a look at a utube vid off one ? so would i be right in thinking that you have to have a bottel of juice with you all time !!!!

Last edited:
Yes because it's a dripping atomiser as there is no tank and you drip liquid directly onto the wick and coil which means you get the best flavour and vapour out of the juice. I use my dripper at home and switch between juices over the course of the night as and when I get bored I thought I would never use one as I was using the Vivi Nova tank, but since I've had the dripper it's pretty much redundant at home, although for out and about I use the Vivi or Mini Vivi Nova filled with something that I can vape during those times. Plus it gives you a good handle on rewicking and recoiling and gives you the opportunity to try juices without tipping about 2ml into a tank before you realise it's not for you and is ideal if you go to your local vendor and wish to taste their juices.

Regards

Liam

Great advice m8 think I will go down the same route as you
Was going this week to get a vv gripper for out and about ? And leaving my lava tube at home as you know
It's a bit big carrying it around. What are u using for out and about ?
Cheers

I make my own Juice i say everyone should make their own
Its easy and you will save a lot of money plus you will love your own flavours
I Paid £40 for 250ml of 52mg nicotine which will be cut to 750ml @ 18mg or 1ltr of 10mg
£2/£3 for 10ml of flavour which can make between 50ml/100ml depending on how much flavour you want/like from 10% to 20%
PG 500ml for £9 and £1.50 VG from most chemists
I sell to people i know, my home made Juices for £7.50 to £9 for 30ml of Juice :)
Juices i like the best are Fruit punch/Forest fruit/Passion fruit/French vanilla/Mango/Apple/Red bull/Red bull Kick and Kola or Kola Kick

I have have several devices i use from Vision-CE5 - Vision Eternity dripper - VivaNova x 5 - Genesis mini rba- OCT repairable tank
But for me the best for flavour is the ce5 and the Oct
and for throat hit its the vision eternity and the viva is in between :)

oct-2T.jpg OCT £10

rsgen.jpg RBA £16

Last edited:
WOWSER. Joe
Great post m8 brill for novices
Could you explained a few things please ??
When you say you payed £40 for the nicotine Where do you get it ? Plus all the rest of the stuff
Understand the pg from the chemist
Which brings me to the flavor ??? Don't understand where the flavor comes in if you make your own
With all the different flavors ?? How do you make them ?

Sorry for all the question

Ya the nicotine from here Unflavoured VG E-liquid DIY base 52mg-5.2% 200ml £36.98 he does have smaller bottles also ;)

PG from here 500ml MPG Propylene glycol USP/EP 99+% Pharma grade better then food grade | eBay

ya can get VG or PG nicotine, i myself get VG nicotine as i use more PG than vg so need to add as much Vg later
PG= More throat hit and flavour as Vg=will give you more Vapor, I mix @ 90%pg and 10%vg but you can find whats best for you IE 50/50 70/30 etc etc works both ways PG/VG or VG/PG :)

The flavours from here DIY E Liquid Flavourart or Perfumers Apprentice or Decadent Vapours all good
and also from here Perfumers Apprentice Flavourings - Ecigwizard.com

so im gonna make let say 10ml of my juice as follows
52mg nicotine down to 18mg for me
and you see 5ml of pg or vg so for me i wll put 4.5ml of pg and 0.5 vg Total 5ml
15% of flavour
Total 10ml of Ejuice
You need flavour as it would taste of nothing lol

Flavour.PNG

Ps i also have this Tank Vivi R-Tank £17 from here which also is very good Vivi-R Tank - Rebuildable Tank Atomiser - Ecigwizard.com
1471.jpg
1472.jpg

I use this online calculator here eJuice Recipe Calculator

Last edited:
Back