flashing slims

will65mcmanus

Inactive User
Reaction score
im confused ive bought a usbpro v2 and looking at the jungle tutorial it says slims need a unlocked pcb
yet a shop who does sims says you dont ??????
can someone enlightem me
sorry for dumb questions but its been s long time since ive flashed and ive never done a slim.

regards will

think the v3 probe works but you might want to wait for a defo answer m80
which drive m80 i'll have a look for you

hiya, you can use a unlock pcb which makes it easier, depends which slim liteon drive you have, if you have a winbond pcb the only way to flash it is either use a unlock pcb board or do the kamakaze hack which involves drilling into the chip to get the unlock status, on the other pcb thats in slims the mxic pcb you can use a probe which invloves a trace cut i believe or you can buy a sputnik qsb addon which involves soldering it in place and theres a switch onit to unlock the drive, that also requires a trace cut i believe, if its the very latest slim liteon drive with 1175 firmware theres no solution to flash them yet but there is a unlock pcb board been made for it, i dont think its been released yet but as far as im aware that will be the only way to flash them drives, hope that helps abit mate

Back