Toggle QA & 999 downgrade.pup questions

ToneDeff

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got my first PS3 a was a 3.55 250GB slim, i'e flashed it with 3.55 kmeaw but am hessitant to upgrade to the new cfw as there so many guides/tutorials/methods posted about i can't figure whats what, and was hoping for some advice

am i right in thinking that when toggle qa is set, a flag is set in memory that stays throughout all flashing that enables you to downgrade via the recovery menu and removes version checks etc, and the 999 downgraded pup is for people how forgot to set a flag before updating, and is a hybrid 4.21/3.55 cfw with the abbility to set qa flag and no other use

so if i was to go

kmeaw 3.55 > toggle qa > recovery > rebug 4.21

i could then go back to 3.55 with

rebug 4.21 > recovery > 3.55 ofw

without needing to use the 999 downgrader pup ? or is the downgrader pup need for all downgrades

rebug 4.21 > recovery > 999 downgrade > 3.55 ofw

just get confused as every tutorial i can find says to downgrade use 999 and toggle qa... but no mention of what to do if qa was set before upgrade/flash

hope that made some sort of sense...

I've done just about every other console there is but never touched a ps3 so interested in this myself.

Can any firmware be downgraded now the keys have been released ??

nope same as it has always been you must be on 3.55 ofw, the files and methods im asking about are for downgrading $acked firmware, you always have to start from 3.55

Last edited:
you go via the donwgrader.pup and just don't use toggle QA on that step as it's already set ?

I havent downgraded Mate, I went kmeaw 3.55 /QA/recovery rogero 4.30. Once there the QA no longer works AFAIK. going back I'd go downgrader straight from the XMB not recovery, You will then be on a version of his 3.55 but think it will show up in settings as 4.21? Enable/install QA then I'd go into recovery and load his 3.55 v 37. Then I'd go back into recovery and load 3.55 Kmeaw

Make sure no Game disk is in the dvd drive as it will take the firmware from there 1st and if it a higher one it will brick your ps3.

And of course it aint my fault if you brick it, lol

Back