flashing DM800SE A8P sim via dreamup

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all
im using dreamup to reflash my box (as it had a issue with the wifi)
anyway when i was flashing using the ip in the www browser 40% in it crashed then when i turn box on got "no ca" error
so im using the mini usb-usb lead and dreamup.. however my question is

when its connected i am flashing the box with secondstage-dm800se-84.nfi before i install the image
digitalworldz se 1.1.nfi

however its just saying "calculating checksum" how long should this take?? as its been ages....

digitalworldz se 1.1 is for clones if you using a8p sim flash original image don't no if you can use clone image on a8p sim

Original images only, you would end up with NO CA Error if you flash clone image on a A8P sim.

If you really want to use a clone image you could flash it but do not reboot start browser flashing again and flash a original bootloader/ssl then reboot.

Hi
i was under the impression that the bootloader i was using (secondstage-dm800se-84.nfi ) was the correct one for the box and then flash the clone image straight after ( i had to do this before when i 1st got the A8P box) and only dreamup 3.3.3.9 would recognise the box when connected. am i using the wrong bootloader ????
the box has been running the image fine for the past 2 months

Hi
i was under the impression that the bootloader i was using (secondstage-dm800se-84.nfi ) was the correct one for the box and then flash the clone image straight after ( i had to do this before when i 1st got the A8P box) and only dreamup 3.3.3.9 would recognise the box when connected. am i using the wrong bootloader ????
the box has been running the image fine for the past 2 months
Wrong way round mate as the clone image contains a clone bootloader.

You have to flash clone image then don't reboot just start browser flashing again and flash the original 84 ssl then boot.

Id then send in original drivers too

at the moment whatever im trying to flash (original image, clone image orig bootloader, clone bootloader) all i am getting on dreamup is
checksum... and it freezes

as your box have the mini flash button if you got no ca error press mini flash button and boot up the box and use web interface

this new a8p sim box doesnt have the mini flash button on the back.. :(
it gets as far as connecting in dreamup but when i select file and click flash it just hangs with checksum and the front of the dreambox just says "dream" in its rainbow colours.. and the IP underneath (this is the IP i generated in dreamup) not my network IP so it wont flash via the www. ip page.

Just to make sure your trying to repair the NO Ca error correctly read this guide.

Use Sunray Flashup the patched version of DreamuP and this guide with both network and service cable attached.

1--- Connect USB cable to service slot on DM800SE/DM500HD and USB slot on Pc. Windows will then install the driver

You will notice, windows created a virtual Com Port connection to be be used ( in this case Com Port 4)

2 --- Switch Receiver off and connect Network cable Receiver and Router

3 --- Then Start SunRay- FlashUp, Tick Use Network, Fill the relevant boxes with local pc IP and Remote ip of your choose and click Connect.

Program will ask for you to Switch on the receiver.

4 -- It will then go into HTTP mode

5 -- At this stage, you open your browser and insert the remote IP shown on the 800LCD

Page will open as per bellow and then you chose the option Update Firmware.

6 --- Click Browse and navigate to your image

7 --- Chose the image and click Open

8 --- Now click Flash button

9 --- Image will start to load.

Oh mate use a original image to recover from the no ca error before you go back to trying to load possible clone images.

quick update the only step i was missing was ethernet between box and router ( i figured i didnt need it as box was corrrected to pc via service usb lead) i now just flashing image and its actually progressing.... (tho the only dreamup version i got to work on a8p sim is 1.3.3.9
will keep u updated...
so to double check.. upload the image then the clone sl84

quick update the only step i was missing was ethernet between box and router ( i figured i didnt need it as box was corrrected to pc via service usb lead) i now just flashing image and its actually progressing.... (tho the only dreamup version i got to work on a8p sim is 1.3.3.9
will keep u updated...
so to double check.. upload the image then the clone sl84

Yeah your putting the box into HTTP mode so it needs a Ethernet connection to either flash via DreamUP or to use the IP in your browser and flash.

hi guys update..
all working i flashed clone image then the clone bootloader and its booted and all working now..
thanks for your help.

ps anyone know how to change the flash(boot) screen on dreambox? guide anywhere?

hi guys update..
all working i flashed clone image then the clone bootloader and its booted and all working now..
thanks for your help.

ps anyone know how to change the flash(boot) screen on dreambox? guide anywhere?

It working but it must of been a original bootloader you flashed as a clone bootloader on a A8p sim would result in no ca error again.

must be then its called secondstage-dm800se-84.nfi ive saved it on my pc now under the a8p sim folder so i know its right one in future :)

To change the boot screen use Dream_logo_Generator

Or you can do it manually sending in the boot loader to /usr/share format needs to be mvi

ok im in filezilla now.. i can see bootlogo_wait.mvi tho filezilla sees it as a folder. ??
so do i just take a jpg picture and resave it as "bootlogo_wait.mvi " ?

must be then its called secondstage-dm800se-84.nfi ive saved it on my pc now under the a8p sim folder so i know its right one in future :)

Yes thats the original I uploaded to the downloads

ok im in filezilla now.. i can see bootlogo_wait.mvi tho filezilla sees it as a folder. ??
so do i just take a jpg picture and resave it as "bootlogo_wait.mvi " ?

In /usr/share there is a bootlogo.mvi file,thats the one you change,but back up the other one first

can i just simply rename a jpg in windows explorer or does it need to go through a conversion process via a certain application? or simply rename?

Back