duo2 suddenly died?

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys - my duo2 was working perfectly up until half an hour ago...i was using flash fxp to connect to the box....anyway i was connected and was gonna edit a line in the var/keys....anyway i normally use a wireless mouse to navigate around but this time i was using the laptops touchpad, i dont know what i did wrong cos i must have accidently deleted or moved something in the flash fxp browser beacause these touchpads on the laptop can be sensitve and a slight brush or tap on them cam register as a keystroke..i may have deleted something or moved something..the fxp woudnt connect to my duo2...the tv screen went green as the duo2 crashed. No problem i thought so i rebooted the duo2, now its stuck on the "blackhole" screen with "double your expectation" message in the vfd disply, there is also a white led lit.....any ideas what i could have done wrong ?..tried to reflash but i cant..seems like its not seeing the usb stick..

Might have just been running an older firmware which caused a crash

it had the latest bh version, cant reflash as it wont read the usb stick, the same one that i normally use.....

kingston cruzer and integral 8 gb in size formatted to fat 32 works for me.

Got it working..seemed like the hard drive was on its way out..was making a clicking noise. Removed hard drive and reseated tuners got it flashed all working now..thanks...refalshed bh image ran abm, created all bouquets but why have All the channels dissapered?...they are not clearing....fta working fine...seems like channels worked yesterday but black screen on all premium channels.

Server is up and running no issues there..seems like its loosing channel...is there a cables.XML list that is needed?

so its a vm issue ?...the odd channel clearing, most of them dont, but when you try another channel and then go back to the one that was working , that stops clearing, clears after waiting a few minutes...but keeps happening again..this is really annoying..checked vm status for my area but there are are no faults or any issues ??
actually ive noticed that if you wait on the channel you want to watch, it clears eventually but can take anything from a few minutes to over 5 minutes...something not right somewhere, ive checked the mg_cfg , thats all fine...

Last edited:
Back