Flashfxp help

denno69

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

Firstly I am new to this.

I am trying to get my DB500C to talk to my pc but cannot make this work. I have downloaded the instructions for using flashfxp but it wont connect via flashfxp.

Whe I press connet in Flashfxp it says the following.

[R] Connecting to dbox -> IP=<DreamboxIP address> PORT=21
[R] Connected to dbox
[R] 220 Willkomen auf Ihrer d-box 2.
[R] USER root
[R] 331 Please specify the password.
[R] PASS (hidden)
[R] 530 Login incorrect.
[R] Connection failed

What am I doing wrong?

I disabled my firewall and tried it and still no luck.

Also when I open up network connections it says 'network cable unplugged' - should it say this? DO I have to set up a network or anything?

I am using a ehternet cable with a crossover adapter connected to my pc. I am not gont through a router.

I am out of ideas. Any help would be great?!?!

Thanks

Denno69

Last edited:
hi mate, are you trying to flash your box with a new image or do you want to connect to the box to do something else?

Hi all

Firstly I am new to this.

I am trying to get my DB500C to talk to my pc but cannot make this work. I have downloaded the instructions for using flashfxp but it wont connect via flashfxp.

Whe I press connet in Flashfxp it says the following.

[R] Connecting to dbox -> IP=<DreamboxIP address> PORT=21
[R] Connected to dbox
[R] 220 Willkomen auf Ihrer d-box 2.
[R] USER root
[R] 331 Please specify the password.
[R] PASS (hidden)
[R] 530 Login incorrect.
[R] Connection failed

What am I doing wrong?

I disabled my firewall and tried it and still no luck.

Also when I open up network connections it says 'network cable unplugged' - should it say this? DO I have to set up a network or anything?

I am using a ehternet cable with a crossover adapter connected to my pc. I am not gont through a router.

I am out of ideas. Any help would be great?!?!

Thanks

Denno69

I tried that to but never got it 2 work i use my router its easier if you got one plug it in and it will iv it an ip then you can access it + you have to set the same ip on the box and on the pc nic adaptor. If using it direct.

hi mate, are you trying to flash your box with a new image or do you want to connect to the box to do something else?

I am happy witht he image but I want to start doing more like recording to my PC and streaming films via the dreambox.

I was under the impression the FlashXP would help.

Can you offer any help?

I have tried pinging the dreambox from the pc and it just says request timed out. I have also tried pinging th PC ip address from the Dreambox via the network settings menu and it says it is unreachable

It is driving me mad.

Cheers

I tried that to but never got it 2 work i use my router its easier if you got one plug it in and it will iv it an ip then you can access it + you have to set the same ip on the box and on the pc nic adaptor. If using it direct.

I don;t have a router :FRIGHT:

Back