Flashed with 2.1, now only FTA

Scotster

Inactive User
Reaction score
Looking for some info. I had 1.6.5 on the box and before i upgraded i copied over the "keys" folder. WHen i installed 2.1 there was nothing in the keys so i copied over everything from 1.6.5 keys folder including the updated roms.

Any idea why i'm only getting FTA channels?

I did a factory reset and i have also turned on evo cam in the blue menu.

Cheers

you need the key folder and the scce folder where the roms live :proud:

SCCE folder is the "keys" folder that i mentioned above though, is it not?

I copied over the roms etc. I also tried an already working image, got it working so did a factory re-set and then a new scan and it stopped working again.

there is var/keys which the cams and key files go in such as autoroll and var/scce which all the roms go in.

Hmm, i guess it could have been that. I managed to get it going so don't want to go messing around with it.

If the SCCE folder was empty would Evocam still show in the cams menu? It was there along with box something or other. Regardless of which i selected i still couldn't get anything but FTA.

The strange thing was when i had the image working though. I did a scan, got all the channels, checked they were working then copied over my service and bouquet files to restore my favourites etc. When i reloaded the channels, the box rebooted and all i could get was FTA again. That struck me as strange as the only thing i did was change the service/bouquet files. I then loaded on the image again, did a scan but this time left the service file out. I only transferred over the bouquet files and its been working ever since. Might have been a coincidence though.

Anyway, its working now but its definitely a strange one. Guess if anyone else has the problem they will at least have a start.

Thanks

Flashed with Jade only FTA

I've just flashed mine with Jade and only getting FTA where do I find the folder to put Roms in?
Anything else I need putting in?

Thanks.

Back