Flashed image, now what?

Pezza

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello Boys & Girls

I have flashed my Dreambox 500s with the latest Gemini image.

Tuned in to 19'E and got all the FTA stuff. What do I do now to get the films, sport, p*rn etc. Same question for 13'E.

From what I understand I need to upload Emu to the box. Is this done via null cable? How is it "activated"?

I am a complete newb to this and will be grateful for all the help I can get.

Many thanks.

Pezza
:banana:

Hello mate u need an ethernet lead from your dreambox to your router/modem, restart your dreambox, push the blue button, download cams, install. Job done

Hello mate u need an ethernet lead from your dreambox to your router/modem, restart your dreambox, push the blue button, download cams, install. Job done

Thanks for the reply.

By connecting to the router/modem do I need to have this connected to the TV as well?

The router/modem is in the back room with the sat connection in the front room!

Thanks for your patience and time.

Pezza

Think i know what you mean m8, u do not have to have it connected to a tv but how else can you c what is comming up on the screen when you press the blue button? Am i right in thinking your router/modem is in one room and your dreambox/telly in another? If so you will need a really long ethernet lead or take a portable telly in with u. The dreambox needs an active internet connection to download cams you cannot do it with a null modem lead.

Think i know what you mean m8, u do not have to have it connected to a tv but how else can you c what is comming up on the screen when you press the blue button? Am i right in thinking your router/modem is in one room and your dreambox/telly in another? If so you will need a really long ethernet lead or take a portable telly in with u. The dreambox needs an active internet connection to download cams you cannot do it with a null modem lead.

Yes, router and tv in different rooms.

So, long patch lead connected to box and router, then able to see whats on tv screen to download cams.

Is it really that easy?

Pezza

As long as your network is ok its that easy.
Hope this helped m8.

Many, Many thanks.

I shall give this a try and let you know how I get on.

Knowing my luck I'd be better off having a Guiness :drink:

Pezza

I am now trying to FTP files across, I am getting the following message come up when using SmartFTP:

[08:35:12] Connected to 192.168.0.4.
[08:35:12] 220 Willkomen auf Ihrer Dreambox.
[08:35:12] USER anonymous
[08:35:12] 331 Please specify the password.
[08:35:12] PASS (hidden)
[08:35:12] 530 Login incorrect.

From this I guess I need a password/username?

If so what is it?

Pezza

Try .. Login = root Password = dreambox

Once you get sorted mate, download Mgcam 1.24 and it'll open a few packages for you, like Premiere.

Once you have done what has already been said look up a site called satandream there they have a K*y Bundle that will allow you to view the channels as just having the cams is not enough. When you download the K*y Bundle you then FTP it into the tmp dir on the DM then manualy install it from the DM

Right, got the network all talking and seeing each other.

Unzipped mgcamd and I have 3 files, mgcamd-file, mgcamd.ppc and mgcamd_1.24

I assume these need to be sent to the box?

If so any particular place or folder, then what.

This is a little confusing for me at the mo and do appreciate all those that take time to reply and help out.

Pezza

Files now FTP'd across, installed the mgcam and in the info bar says it's there but I'm not able to veiw premiere etc?

I also rebooted as required and got the message "starting mgcamd" on restart.

I assume I have done something wrong?

Pezza

Have you tried Diddydave's advice a few posts earlier?

Back