fkin cars, fkin garages and FKIN SKINT

i got a meeting with the (stand in) manager next thursday, he wouldnt ring me his self though

digidude said:
i got a meeting with the (stand in) manager next thursday, he wouldnt ring me his self though
how many holidays does the manager have? he was away a few weeks ago ?

i think they said hes on the sick. i asked why the manager didnt ring me himself, the girl on the phone (shes a nice girl mind whos stuck in the middle of this, id hate a desk job lol) said he was busy sorting through things (others like me maybe?) i asked why he couldnt come to me for the meeting and was told that hes going to need to speak to people above him depending on what 'outcomes' are discussed so needs to be in the branch.

this to me means either im not going to be seeing a manager or the manager im seeing the company wont even trust with a mobile phone so by sending him to speak to me they think im going to be a push over.

i was recieving legal advice untill 3am this morning about this, i have quotes from trading standards, ive worked for a company where the management is ruled by balme culture and will always try to pass it down to the person doing the work at the bottom of the chain (in this case the mechanic who is just doing as he's told by the management)

ive had enough of being a 'passive' consumer, who lets the bad things slip cos i dont want to make a fuss, this time ive lost everything, so got nothing to lose by being a right arrogant 2@ and digging my heels right in :proud:

cross your fingers for me

Ps bring a recording device!!To the meeting,totally legal then inform afterwards if you feel like doing so and bring friend.

Last edited:
Here are some of the acts that apply

They are in notepad format taken from the trading standards website.

right, still getting nowhere

the manager admitted that it was 'a management oversight that should not have happened' why mt car has taken so long to be sorted out

his proposal

they will look into this 'new' problem with the car with no labour charge and ring me if its anything major

he told me i 'was too patient for allowing it to go on for so long, and if it was him he would have been chewing someones desk long ago'

where do i stand in that i want to DEMAND at least a refund of the £1400 ive paid them towards my loss of earnings caused by them? as i want to make it blatantly obvious thatim not happy with being fobbed off with 3 hours free labour for nearly 4 months of being fkd about

they looked back through the service history and this has been going on since november, so it looks like they mis-diagnosed the original fault numerous times which resulted in the catastrophic failure of the engine, could a split head gasket give a reading on the computer of a multiple cylinder misfire between cylinders 2+3? untill eventually the split becomes a complete hole between the 2? would the head gasket failing cause the engine oil to 'thicken' due to petrol and or water being mixed with the oil at high tempratures? as they said the oil was thick, yet when they give it the small check everything service a few weeks before this was not picked up, are they now adding this 'thick oil' into thestory to try and get off with something?

a few for smirnoff-rules there me thinks ;)

Last edited:
wot a bunch of bastards m8 , my heart goes out to u . a headgasket fault between two cylinders would not make the oil change in any way m8 , compression fault only , from wot i have read m8 they fooked it u replacing the head and damaged the valves due to not timing it right or fitting the head when the pistons were to close to the valves . a head gasket fault at the worsted would only need the head skimming and a head pressure test , all the above is a 2 to 3 day job , there havin u over m8 and u no it and they do , fook them and take them to court , u have lost to much to stop now ....

i agree get to solicitor and quote the above acts and what they have told write it all down,make another proposal to them before imminent court procedings.
Regards cob_b

Sorry to hear your still having no joy with these muppets, I would continue on the path your on but also maybe park the car outside the garage with huge signs in it telling the story and in big letter's 'THIS GARAGE FOOKED MY MOTOR'

smirnoff_rules said:
wot a bunch of bastards m8 , my heart goes out to u . a headgasket fault between two cylinders would not make the oil change in any way m8 , compression fault only , from wot i have read m8 they fooked it u replacing the head and damaged the valves due to not timing it right or fitting the head when the pistons were to close to the valves . a head gasket fault at the worsted would only need the head skimming and a head pressure test , all the above is a 2 to 3 day job , there havin u over m8 and u no it and they do , fook them and take them to court , u have lost to much to stop now ....

?? so your not gonna get oil/water interface between the galleries within the head.

i feel for you digi i use my van for work aswell and without it i would be lost.

and garages lol dont start me off lmao.. i bought my mrs a renault scenic for 3000 second hand her first car ;), looked good got it checked and was ok... 4 months after buying sent it to the garage because a noise was coming from the back wheel area and found out it was the shockers and suspension gone and kam belt needed replacing ended up paying £1500 for everything (not just shockers lol) then again it went in 6 months ago and needed 600 quids worth of work :(

my garage is good and so is the work i am sure but these fookers always seem to be finding extras, one of the fellas took me over to the motor when it was up and said look at the brake pads or something lmao i turned to him and said im an electrician i would not even know what i was looking at

and digi i would sue them m8y, try the small claims court ?

fooking garages

Donnie Darko said:
?? so your not gonna get oil/water interface between the galleries within the head.

no because it a split cylinder to cylinder across the face , if the split went to a oil way or water jacket then yea but very unluck to fook and engine because of than

but he was asking could a split head gasket give a reading on the computer of a multiple cylinder misfire between cylinders 2+3? untill eventually the split becomes a complete hole between the 2

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Had a mesage from them today on answer phone to say that they are waiting for parts to arrive for the car and i have not been forgotten about

no mention of re-taxing it or new mot though, but the manager told me that id be back on the road and it cant be on the road without them 2 can you;)

> "mailto:HYPERLINK
"mailto:[email protected]"[email protected]"HYPERL
INK "mailto:[email protected]"[email protected]>:

Hi #######
Just to let you know that your vehicle is now ready to be
collected,please could ring Kelly on Service Reception
to let her know when you will be picking the vehicle up.
Regards
Mike Dodds
After Sales Team Leader

Evans Halshaw Swansea

Chevrolet - Kia
Tel: (01792 764000)
Fax: (01792 764030)

Sent: 06 October 2006 20:29
To: Mike Dodds
Cc: HYPERLINK
"mailto:[email protected]"[email protected]

Subject: Re: Vehicle Collection

Here is a copy if email i sent to you on wednesday, looks as though your company firewall stops you recieving emails that can be proven they have been read, while this is not an ensured receipt email it is still tracked and notification sent every time its read, for more details on this see "HYPERLINK
"http://www.fxcdspw2m0oxgk.ReadNotify.com/tg/fxcdspw2m0oxglhttp/www.gcwmtkzo
128gmk.ReadNotify.com/tg/gcwmtkzo128gmlhttp/www.readnoti"http://www.gcwmtkzo
128gmk.ReadNotify.com/tg/gcwmtkzo128gmlhttp/www.readnoti

> fy.com"HYPERLINK
"http://www.fxcdspw2m0oxgk.ReadNotify.com/tg/fxcdspw2m0oxglhttp/www.readnoti
fy.com"www.readnotify.com

Hi Kelly and Mike,

Its done? Cool. Has it ben road tested though? As when i came down to see the managers i was told that my car would be "back on the road". When my car came in for its "5-7 days work" 6 months ago it was taxed and had a valid MOT, both of which have now expired due to the time its been in your garage which i would appreciate to be sorted out by evans halshaws to get my car "back onthe road", i still have a DVLA fine due to the car not being taxed while it was off the road which i came down as arranged for a covering letter to send to the DVLA to overturn the fine. If you could let me know as soon as the car is taxed, MOT'd and a letter for the DVLA is ready I'll be down ASAP to collect it.

>
hoping to hear soon

######

PS: im assuming that now the whole engine has been stripped to bits and
put back together that its ALL covered by a 12 month warranty, is this
correct?

Quoting Mike Dodds <HYPERLINK
"mailto:[email protected]"[email protected]>:
Hi ######

In reply to your received e-mail dated 9th Oct, I wish to inform you once
again your vehicle Reg No: #### ### is ready for collection. At no time
during our conversations did we offer or agree to MOT and tax your car. I
would appreciate you collecting the vehicle no later than 5pm on Tuesday
10th October 2006, failure to do this will result in us contacting the
POLICE and informing them that you are driving Evans Halshaw’s vehicle
without permission and insurance cover. We will not hesitate in producing
for the police all of your details.

I await the return of our car.

Regards

Mr Michael Dodds

Aftersales Manager

Sent: 10 October 2006 10:37
To: Mike Dodds
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Vehicle Collection

The agreement was "due to management oversight, we will repair your car, as long as its nothing major for parts, if it is we will contact you first, and
get your car 'back on the road'" As you know a car cannot be "on the road"
without tax and an MOT, which my car had both when it came in for 5 days
work 6 months ago. Me collecting the car today is completley out of the question,evans halshaws has already cost me thousands of pounds, my companies good name and my home, left me in debt up to my eyes and really wondering if theres any point in even trying to rescue my business, i had 4 months of urgency needing my car "back on the road" before being given a courtesy car, i am not cancelling any more work because of evans halshaws, the earliest i will be able to collect it is friday morning. i would still like a covering letter as promised to send to the dvla, detailing why my car has been off the road since the tax expired, and why it has not been retaxed due to your company not being able to tell me when the 5 days work which started in april would finally be completed. If evans halshaws will not tax my car then as an aftersales manager, and ensuring that your customers are happy, even one thats been messed about for 6 months, which as you said "id be chewing someones desk" after 3 and a half months in the interest you should offer a partial refund of the money i paid, which incidently was more than twice the original qoute, of an amount to cover at least 6 months tax and an MOT test. i would also like copies of the entire history of my cars servicing, jobsheets from your garage dating back to at least november when the trouble started and all invoices that i have paid.

awaiting your reply

######

Back