fkin cars, fkin garages and FKIN SKINT

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
some of you know ive been having problems with my car, well over the weekend my courtsey car broke down again (4 times in a week) and the customer service i got was (and this is an actual quote)

"if you're not here by half twelve mate its tuff cos there'll be nobody here, im not hanging around waiting for you, ive got things to do this afternoon"

i was absloutley fookin furious, today now i have sent this email to the branch manager, its been 3hours though and i still not heard nothing

FAO MANAGER

approx 12 weeks ago my car had a catastrophic engine failure after being to
your garage for repair 3 times. on the morning of the breakdown i was told
that it would take about a week to fix so i had the RACrecover my car to
yourselfs.

I rely on my car as i am self employed and after 3 weeks of waiting finally
managed to get a courtsey car but was still unable to work.the thursday before
the first bank holiday in may i wasphoned and told my car would be ready for
collection at dinnertime the next day. on being told this i booked four days
work for over the bank holiday weekend which would have been £1300. when i
then phoned at 1PM on the friday i wastold that there was no chance of me
collecting my car as it had still not been repaired and nobody was available
to talk to untill tuesday. this was a £1300 loss caused by somebody giving me
wrong information. when i finally got my car back, after paying you nearly
£1400 and waiting 7 weeks it was making rattling noisesso i brought it back
and was told that it would be about 3 hours. that was nearly 4 weeks ago. i
have a courtsey car with a faulty immobiliser that has now cost me another 4
days work due to needing it to be recovered to you.

what i would like to know, with a DEFFINATE time scale is when will my car be
ready as i am unable to work properly from a courtsey car, 12 weeks to do a
job that wasquoted for a week is TOTALLY unacceptable. Not only has this cost
me thousands of pounds in lost work, it has cost me my entire savings as i
still have to live, i am on the verge of loosing my business as i am unable to
work but bills still need paying, i have had to go into debt to pay you the
original £1400 to repair the car and am on the verge of loosing my house due
to rent arrears.This has all been brought on by evans halshaws.

If i do not have a DEFFINATE date(and a very soon date) on when my car will be
repaired, at 12PM on friday i am going to seek legal advice for a loss of
earnings claim for £200 a day from may 1st untill the day i get my car back as
well as making public through the press what i have been forced to go through
and the full extent of what it has cost me.

I am truely sorry that it has to come to this, but when i phone or call in i
get told that theres not time to look at my car. i think nearly 12 weeks is
plenty enough time to build a car let alone put right something that wasnt
there before it came in for repair.

Hoping to hear from you very soon

digi thats appalling whats happened to you, have you been in touch with consumer direct or anyone? they would be a good start for some free advice before involving solicitors, i wouldve had steam coming from my ears if id been in your predicament, good luck and i hope you hear from them soon xx

And I thought I had problems, but on a happier note I fixed mine ;) £40 out of pocket to get the part I needed but hey it works :)

Sorry to here your having problems though, garages from hell springs to mind.

I think everyone will understand this rant m8.

Never trust garages. Shoddy working, over charging, rotten b@st@rds.
Same with tyre and exhaust places. Fook them all.

Sorry to all the decent trustworthy garages and mechanics out there. Unfortunately the majority let u down.

Do all the jobs on the car ureself.
It not rocket science.
Me, my ma and pa changed the honda V6 out of a rover Sterling in a weekend.
Hey, at least u know it is done right and 1 weekend better than waiting 12 weeks to get a car that probably been screwed up cause the mechanics are sh1te.

Dutcho do it yourself???

i feel for you on this one digi. my bro in law is a mechaninc and everytime i take the car to him with a problem he just tells me to turn the radio volume up and i wont hear or feel anything up with the car. If i offered him some money to do the jobs that need doing you can guarantee that hell spend the money on ale, use my car until petrol tank is empty and the millage is clocked up, then he'll tell me nowts wrong with the car. mechanics and garages and cars never seem to work out for me either. Robbing ba**ards the lot of them.

Dutcho said:
Don't tar all of them with the same brush, there are a few good one's out there ;)

Yep I agree Dutcho.

notmeatall3 said:
Sorry to all the decent trustworthy garages and mechanics out there. Unfortunately the majority let u down.

If someone is not mechanically minded they can be fooled by morons.

Tips to get a decent service is to ask ure mates who is decent and who is not. Once u find a decent garage only use them. Do not try to shop around for cheapest price cause as poor digidude has found out. It can end up costing u a lot more. (Not saying u actually shopped around for cheapest quote, just an example of what a bad garage can do.)

i shopped around for time, the original quite for the cost was £800 but they said itd be done in a week, as it is its probably cost me in excess of ten grand if i add all the lost work, bank charges cos of it, rent arrears etc

the email was read 26 mins and 13 secs after i sent it (good tracking software see ;)) so in the morning they gonna get a really shitty one saying i know the email has been read so why havent i been contacted, the email was sent direct to the mamager of the swansea branch of evans halshaw

service with a smile eh?

fookers

there alot of robbing bastards out there lads and there all main agents , lm sure if u r a member of the rac they have a legal team that will help with a garage that taking the piss and get a job list from the garage breaking down all the jobs they have done and why it wasnt right the first time ,
my garage has never advertised in over 20 years . all word of mouth and never (touch wood) had any pissed off customers , theres no reson in the world that car should be there all that time unless they have cocked up big time ..... best of luck m8

Last edited:
sorry to hear about your troubles m8 i had a few run ins with a volkswagon dealer and luckly enough my car was still under warrenty but the fuckers tried to bull shit me. the problem was that the back wheels wernt sitting bang on straight what i mean is at 1 side i could get 4 fingers between the tyre and the wheel arch and on the other side only 2 as this was causing the car to pull to 1 side. so i took to a indipendant place and the guy ran it through a computer up on a ramp and gave me a print out of the problem . so i took it back to the volkswagon dealers i got it from and the usless ball sack behinde the counter said they would run it through theres and i said fine but i still want it sorted.it then turns out that theses fookers didnt even have the equipment need to run such a test and came back says it was because i had different tyres and that was causing the problem.so after gettin no were i demanded to see the manager and this wee smug arsehole came out and started gettin a bit lippy so after a bit of this gettin said and that i got my v.w book out and got costomer services number out of it and told them everything that had happend and been said and within 10 mins of that call i had a very friendly nice manager on the fone asking me can i bring my car down on the monday morning and there would be a courtesy car ther for me.

it took a week to sort but in the end they sorted it.

any way this is just 1 rant about thoose fookers

a hope u get it sorted m8

threaten to take it to the local press mate and then they will do something about it . garages cant stand bad local press it would cost them loads and like smirnoff i have my own garage and never advertised in 25 years . i have been ripped off loads of times by customers ( bouncing checks etc ) but i have never ripped anyone off myself so there are some good garages out there you just have to find them

Change of subject but i hear this one all the time.

charlie senator said:
if bell invented the telephone who did he ring to find out if it worked ?

The identity of the inventor of the electric telephone remains in dispute. Antonio Meucci, Johann Philipp Reis, and Alexander Graham Bell, amongst others, have all been credited with the invention.

First call AGB made on phone was to a Thomas Watson with whom he worked on the idea with. He said.
AGB said:
Mr. Watson, come here, I want you.

charlie senator said:
threaten to take it to the local press mate and then they will do something about it . garages cant stand bad local press it would cost them loads and like smirnoff i have my own garage and never advertised in 25 years . i have been ripped off loads of times by customers ( bouncing checks etc ) but i have never ripped anyone off myself so there are some good garages out there you just have to find them

Not funny I know but I wonder if everyone else who read this scrolled down to see where you are based - I know I did. Expect plenty of contact from peeps near you! lol. Good garages are like gold dust. I have a lease car so don't need to worry about how crap the servicing is so I guess I am the lucky one. I bought my old lease car about six years ago and it virtually fell to pieces as soon as I paid my dosh!! Never again! Hope the problem gets sorted soon.

Cheers

this is their reply more than 24 hours later, ill be mailing them again tomorrow informing them thatim not moving an inch from my 12pm friday deadline

somebody mentioned consumer groups or something for legal advice, does anyone have a link?

Just to let you know that I have received a copy of your E-mail that was
sent to Paul Jones on Tuesday,

I am sorry to here that you are unhappy with the service from my Aftersales
Dept, I will be speaking to the staff

In question with regards to your concerns and will get back to you with my
findings.

In relation to when you vehicle will be ready,I have been informed by my
Technician that the parts are due this week

And that your vehicle will be priorty

Regards.

Mike Dodds

After Sales Team Leader

Evans Halshaw Swansea

Chevrolet - Kia

it an 02 daewoo tacuma with about 38000 miles

their original thing was the head gasket had gone, but the head had to be sent off and skimmed and pressure tested, for this they lifted me of about £680 then they couldnt get it started. they then found that the cat convertor had colapsed and damaged the ?pup? (my car got a cat and a dog?) this cost me about another £670

i had the car back but it was rattling bad from the top of the engine so i took it back, they told me the tensioner hadnt been tightened so itd be a few hours, 4 weeks ago. they have since told me theyve changed injectors and loads of other funky things that i didnt know there waswords for and said that the noise was coming from inside the head and they hadnt did this work so they wouldnt look at it. when they told me this i went nuts as on their invoice was charges for working on the head, so if they sub contracted it out then thats not my problem, i paid them for the work. i have emailed them again and ill attach it below

i feel like im trying to swim up a fookin waterfall, and i cant swim anyway

Back