Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fixed and motorised dishes on dm800

12qw

Inactive User
I have my dm800 set up with a motorised 1 m dish using usals which all works well enough.

I was just wondering if i could add my fixed 28 east astra dish to my dm800 box with a 4 port lnb switch along with the motorised dish. So i would end with say astra on port 1 and the usals on port 2... It would just save the motorised dish from having to swing from 1 west to 28 east and also makes use of one of spare 4 ports on the astra lnb.

Think to have the setup you mention you would need a diseqc switch, should work though (I think) and makes sense. Think I'm gonna do the same with my VU+ but that has twin tuners so don't need to worry about the switching.
Wizbit77

Hi wizbit77,

From my understanding of the installation options on the dm800 box, the options seem to be for all the combinations except for the one i would like: ie. fixed single dish, multiple fixed dishes and then motorised.

I can not see how from the installtion menu i can have it set like how i need which is as a diseqc switch in which the second port is motorised...

Back