Five clubs named in Stevens probe

Baaheeduk

Inactive User
Reaction score
In a house with lots of alcohol on the go!!
Seventeen transfers and five clubs have been named in Lord Stevens' findings from his inquiry into alleged illegal payments by Premier League clubs.

Chelsea, Newcastle, Bolton, Portsmouth and Middlesbrough were all named as having breached transfer regulations.

The clubs face a further investigation from the Football Association but it is understood Newcastle and Bolton are viewed as the most serious miscreants.

Stevens has also expressed concern about 15 agents and two managers.

One is Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce, and a conflict of interest with his former agent son Craig and Bolton Wanderers.

The other is Graeme Souness, with with Stevens reporting "inconsistencies in evidence" provided by the former Newcastle manager and Kenneth Shepherd, son of Magpies chairman Freddy Shepherd.

Of the 17 transfers, four relate to Newcastle signings (Emre Belozoglu, Jean Alain Boumsong, Amady Faye, Albert Luque), four to Bolton (Ali Al-Habsi, Tal Ben Haim, Blessing Kaku, Julio Correia), three to Chelsea (Didier Drogba, Petr Cech, Michael Essien), three to Portsmouth (Collins Mbesuma, Benjani Mwaruwari, Aliou Cisse) and two to Middlesbrough (Aiyegbeni Yakubu and Fabio Rochemback) while one transfer has not been disclosed.

Lord Stevens said in a statement: "Many lessons have been learned and strict adherence to and enforcement of the recommendations should ensure that the game and the transfer market can proceed in an untainted and transparent manner."

The Premier League will now send the findings to the FA and Fifa.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/6755991.stm

Published: 2007/06/15 13:38:38 GMT

© BBC MMVII

chelsea wid de amount of money thy got i aint suprised thy bn paying off agents, far as bolton and pompey are concered bbc exposed them quite some time ago and we never saw them on motd again!!

too much money in football its a disgrace greed greed greed get em all convicted!!!

i expected to see chelski's dirty little name up there pmsl, and was not shcoked to NOT see man utd name up there.

now all that bollox i used to bang on about that ****** KENYON is a bit more believable ?

im telling you i would not be surprised if they bribed half the referees aswell there is no level that scum bucket will sink to and watching the way they are treated in games shows this as to be true, tapping up players and nothing done they can do what they like.

anyway nothing will happen to any of these clubs for one chelski will buy there way out and the others wont be punished either.

big sam is quality manager should of been the england manager in my eyes (then the **** would not be able to tap anyone up lmao) but he was blatently doing it with his boy lol and nothing done.

well i hope they prove me wrong

Back