First UK ID cards are unveiled

Yes apart from your posts,as you bore the shit out of me.
Did you read the whole thread? It describes that many companies have a great deal of info on us that we probably dont know about.

The state has all the information that is going to be on the proposed ID card already, but in disparate parts of the government. The ID card will put it in one centrally recongnised location.

Try answering mozrs question, there is no point in bogging the thread down.

Anyway, can someone on the anti-ID card side of the debate please tell me how much more the state will know about the average person if the scheme is introduced?

I'm neither for or against on this, I don't really mind...

But I don't think what your saying is the issue, your right the gov wont have any more information about us than they already have. But I think the issue is that all this info will be stored on one single card, therefore increasing the likely hood of fraud...

If it were stored in one location, that means that seperate branches wouldnt need to adminster there own controls to make sure that it doesnt go missing, surely?

True, but say you had one of these cards and it got stolen and criminals found a way to read the info on the card, it would make it much easier to be a victim of identity fraud and other similar crimes...

The thing is its bad enough that little snippets of our info are being left on trains and so on, but can you image what it would be like with these cards. These cards contain even more info than our passports currently do, from fingerprints to god knows what...

For instance, I have never seen him compare a liberal democracy who want to introduce ID-cards with Nazi policy. That would be unreasonable hyperbole.... Have you never employed extremes to prove a point ? lol

Anyway, can someone on the anti-ID card side of the debate please tell me how much more the state will know about the average person if the scheme is introduced?

I have to agree with MAS123, to centralise the information is a very dangerous idea in my opinion, it took approx 3 days for hackers to break the encryption on the biometric passport !

How many wallets are lost everyday ?.... it would allow hackers endless opportunities to perfect reading all the info and of course using AND copying these cards, then we really would be in a world of shit.

Army ID cards were meant to be "ultra secure" when they were first issued but it was widely accepted that only 6 months after their issue they could not only be read but cloned.

We seem to be getting bogged down in the narrow conversation of "ID Cards"... (ok I know it is the subject of the thread but it cannot be viewed in isolation) one of the main reason there is such unrest about these items is the continued erosion of our liberties in this country, no government "gives" liberties to it's population, they are fought for by the population and throughout history this has always been the case.

You may think my views are paranoid, and you are entitled to your views but I am not alone in my opinions. We are slowly but surely sliding towards a totalitarian/fascist state with more draconian laws than any other country in the free world.....and yet we don't bat an eyelid when our government want to introduce MORE !

Unbelievable........

@ Redneck, mate I don't know where you are going wrong with Ryanair as I fly with them from Belfast to Scotland at least once a month with no more than my driving license.....and it fits in my wallet :Cheers:

it aint a silly comment. How are they an errosion of our liberties, given the government and many numerous companies already hold a great deal of info about us?

Nice political sidestep but if you could just justify your statement..........

If you would be so kind of course :proud:

sorry, what did I sidestep? I am a bit drunk and hung up women right now so you will need to spell it out.

Karym6 really is 3 sheets to the wind :roflmao:

Are "hung up women" as handy as they say ?.... saves on floor space I suppose lol

I should have known you were drunk by your spolling mistooks....... :Cheers:

lol, fortunately for you that you dont have to put up with benny59's advances after admitting you are in a vunerable state!

You should see the PM's I have been getting!!

vuneralbe state ? a shithouse or a cowards state i call it, your very brave mouthing off about people on the forum

its people like you that keep thier gob shut if it came to a face off

Yeah.

Seems like benny59 is getting away with it (it being name calling) again. must have some good friends in the modship.

Remember, I got banned the other week for name calling.

There is a certain degree of anti-intellectualism on here isn't there?

Anyway. Karym6 has took a lot of shit today. I would say probably all of it is unwarranted.

He has a different point of view, a lot of the time mirroring my own, and out come the personal attacks. Yet he is the one accused of 'talking big' on an internet forum.

I am surprised that so many of the guys who blame the ' illegal immigrants' for the UK's ills are not in favour of a scheme that would immediately reveal those who should not be here?

Crazy I know.

I see you have turned your rep off, lol. Are 'baddies' saying nasty things to you?

I align myself with reasoned debate, a sarcastic sense of humour and good family people. You seem to be one of them. Although, you need to drink some water, and say your sorry to the missus, for what ever you have done mate, cos I have never seen you on an all day Greek booze bender.

Frankly, your grammar, spelling, and syntax has been sub par. Tut tut!

I am surprised that so many of the guys who blame the ' illegal immigrants' for the UK's ills are not in favour of a scheme that would immediately reveal those who should not be here?

Crazy I know.

Don't think anyone objected to immigrants getting issues cards..... but I think the fear is they will slowly introduce it to everyone...

Anyone care to make a bet with me ?..................

I will bet. I bet that we will all be offered one before 2014. After that, we will need them regardless.

Tenner do you?

Lets up the anti to £20 (lets face it in the current climate a tenner in 2014 will not buy you a loaf of bread lol).... i bet that by 2014 that at least 75% of us will be forced to have them !!

I.D cards will have no effect on illegal immigrants,as it`s against their human rights to deport them is it not,seen a program the other night were they found 2 illegal immigrants on the motorway with 2 euros between them and the cops gave them a map to the nearest immigration centre FFS what`s that all about then.

to those who should know better - if you behave towards other members with contempt then they will not like you and be mean to you - If you belittle them - insinuate that they are thick or uneducated they will not like you and be mean to you. If you rile them - then after being given a piece of their mind reply with "can we stick to the subject please" they and all reading will know for sure that you are total to$$ers.
If you congratulate yourselves on your intellectluism then you are obviously tw@ts.

SO STOP ACTING SO FUCKING SURPRISED WHEN YOU ARE TOLD THAT YOU ARE HIGHLY DISLIKED.

DONT WINGE THAT OHHH THERE IS A BAND -WAGON THAT DOSENT LIKE ME - ITS NOT TRENDY TO DISLIKE PEOPLE LIKE YOU - ITS AN IRON CLAD FACT OF LIFE

/mini rant

I have to agree with MAS123, to centralise the information is a very dangerous idea in my opinion, it took approx 3 days for hackers to break the encryption on the biometric passport !

How many wallets are lost everyday ?.... it would allow hackers endless opportunities to perfect reading all the info and of course using AND copying these cards, then we really would be in a world of shit.

Army ID cards were meant to be "ultra secure" when they were first issued but it was widely accepted that only 6 months after their issue they could not only be read but cloned.

We seem to be getting bogged down in the narrow conversation of "ID Cards"... (ok I know it is the subject of the thread but it cannot be viewed in isolation) one of the main reason there is such unrest about these items is the continued erosion of our liberties in this country, no government "gives" liberties to it's population, they are fought for by the population and throughout history this has always been the case.

You may think my views are paranoid, and you are entitled to your views but I am not alone in my opinions. We are slowly but surely sliding towards a totalitarian/fascist state with more draconian laws than any other country in the free world.....and yet we don't bat an eyelid when our government want to introduce MORE !

Unbelievable........

@ Redneck, mate I don't know where you are going wrong with Ryanair as I fly with them from Belfast to Scotland at least once a month with no more than my driving license.....and it fits in my wallet :Cheers:

well i fly a little more than that out of belfast sometimes as much as 2 times a week . and rayanair refused me a flight without my passport i had to leave the gb airport head upto the int airprt and use easyjet , . maybe they had an off day but every other airline was ok with my id that i had but them . so if id cards made this easier for me hell ill take one i couldnt give 2 flying fecks what they hold on them . they know everything about us anyway .

well i fly a little more than that out of belfast sometimes as much as 2 times a week . and rayanair refused me a flight without my passport i had to leave the gb airport head upto the int airprt and use easyjet , . maybe they had an off day but every other airline was ok with my id that i had but them . so if id cards made this easier for me hell ill take one i couldnt give 2 flying fecks what they hold on them . they know everything about us anyway .

No m8 its just that ryan scare dont know there arse from there elbow.

its the frog in the pot m8, how long after they are introduced will it be mandatory to carry them? wouldn't that be a bit Hitler? I'll answer that for you, it would.

round up them Christians yeehaww

:Cheers:

Back