First UK ID cards are unveiled

I will bet. I bet that we will all be offered one before 2014. After that, we will need them regardless.

Tenner do you?

I bet you have to have one to enter the Olympic areas if your British... bet there is some sort of security element tied in to these there.

why is that a bit Hilter? There have been numerous comparisons to the UK ID card and the Nazi regime but with very little effort to back it up.

Does that mean that almost all the other countries in the EU are a little bit Hilter, as you put it? After all, we are one of the odd men out here, many countries in the EU use ID cards and have done for decades...

you know hitler made id cards mandatory so he could round people up. he didn't have rfid tho did he.

it's people like you that have helped make this country what it is m8, pathetic.

u will be first against the wall when the shit hits the fan, rest assured. I'll be there.

Does that mean that almost all the other countries in the EU are a little bit Hilter, as you put it? After all, we are one of the odd men out here, many countries in the EU use ID cards and have done for decades...

You didn't mention in which countrys the cards are mandatory to carry. Because ur a bit stupid.

its the frog in the pot m8, how long after they are introduced will it be mandatory to carry them? wouldn't that be a bit Hitler? I'll answer that for you, it would.

round up them Christians yeehaww

:Cheers:

Why are you so afraid of a little plastic card?, what harm will it do to carry it around in your wallet ?
They already know all the information about you so what's the harm in having your own personal copy in your back pocket.
As for the so called lost data, name me one incident where a person has suffered, i.e Man dies because of lost data, or family evicted because of lost data, it's all a load of bull.
You don't want to listen to FUBAR69 he runs around like a headless chicken for the least little thing

You didn't mention in which countrys the cards are mandatory to carry. Because ur a bit stupid.

The countries listed below all have compulsory identity cards, some of the countries will only accept them as ID so you have to carry them.
Some will arrest you and take you to a police station to verify you ID so to avoid this it's better to carry one.

Luxembourg
Latvia
Netherlands
Poland
Greece
Belgium
Bulgaria
Croatia
Germany
Hungary
Lithuania
Malta
Portugal
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain

You don't want to listen to FUBAR69 he runs around like a headless chicken for the least little thing

Did Mummy not give little topdog enough cuddles when he was a baby ?.... or was it the dress she made you wear until you were 20 yrs old kitty

Sad little boy

america
latvia
australia
greece
greenland
malta
turkey

Making lists is easy - I made this one up myself

If you wanted to be taken seriously you should post proof - your scorce of information??? and no google dosent count

america
latvia
australia
greece
greenland
malta
turkey

Making lists is easy - I made this one up myself

If you wanted to be taken seriously you should post proof - your scorce of information??? and no google dosent count

A fairly silly post hawkish m8. You may not agree with topdog's opinions, but his information is correct.

Did Mummy not give little topdog enough cuddles when he was a baby ?.... or was it the dress she made you wear until you were 20 yrs old kitty

Sad little boy

When you are stuck in a corner you revert to retarded answers, very sad really but only to be expected.
Let me try and make this easy for you to understand if you have an ID card it will make no difference to your way of life everything will be the same.
Now if you can one just one example of how this will affect your life in a negative way, please post it and stop posting drivel ffs.:banana::banana::banana:

A fairly silly post hawkish m8. You may not agree with topdog's opinions, but his information is correct.

My point was without the scource info how do we know it wasnt all made up? Perhaps it was a tad silly but I think the point is incredibly important. How did you know that this information was correct?

IMO this debate on the ID cards is the same that the government has been arguing over for years already. Whilst there may be no immediate concern about issuing them in their current form. The fact is there is still a THREAT that they could be adapted to store any and all info about you that the government may deem appropriate to store and use. Let alone the identity concerns quite rightly given out.

Given the ammount of times this idea was planned, shelved, rewritten and now sped up were at a stage where the system is being launched with no guarantee from government that it cant be ammended from its current guise. Or indeed a definitale public list of organisations that will have access to the info that they hold.

I am concerened about the threat of having such a monster personal detail system that has little final use - but big scope for "improvement".

So there it is - I think we are arguing about two entirely different things. The current spec of the system and the potential for abuse of our privacy and civil rights

When you are stuck in a corner you revert to retarded answers, very sad really but only to be expected.
Let me try and make this easy for you to understand if you have an ID card it will make no difference to your way of life everything will be the same.
Now if you can one just one example of how this will affect your life in a negative way, please post it and stop posting drivel ffs.:banana::banana::banana:

I can't believe I am having this conversation with the most pathetic person on this site.... perhaps if you read the thread from the start you may not have to ask such stupid questions.

We all know the standard of your posting mate, if you want to run around trying to wind peeps up then stroll on..... to be honest you are getting to the point that you are not worth replying too.......

could you quote your sources on the bits about the scheme being shelved and sped up etc? I dont recall seeing anything like that reported, but then again I dont really follow this with any great sense of paranioa.

Were you not paying attention :( I suggest you read the whole thread again - nara has completely done away with that pesky inconvinient proof stuff so I suggest you hit the bbc news database. but then again I am not a *BIT-TOO-RUDE*

Last edited:
@topdog1965 - you ask for one example as to why carrying a bit of plastic in your wallet can affect your life in a negative way - well here goes:-

Whatever information is held on the card will be like a goldmine to identity cloners. Why go through bins to get bit of info when you can have it handed to you on a plate all nicely arranged and verified? And before you say the card will be secure - it cant be unbreakable - in the same way that chip and pin cards arent or any other type of card you care to mention? Oh and please remember how inadequately this govenment and other private companies have treated sensitive data - do you really want everything about you up for grabs?

Do you really want your wherebaouts able to be logged - with the RFID chip inside these cards thats a very real possibility - and before you say "if you are doing nothing wrong it doesnt matter" well, it does matter - i dont want to live under a police state regime - and considering we have had millions of immigrants to the UK fleeing exactly that sort of persecution im sure im not alone!!

At the moment, police officers must have reasonable cause to "stop" you - how convenient is it to have a card that can be asked for at anytime to prove your ID - sort of circumvents that sort of legislation??

In fairness there are some positive benefits to it - being able to prove who you are - for the younsters to prove their age etc.. but the benefits are clearly outweighed and quite frankly its just another expense we and the government can do without!!

We all know the standard of your posting mate, if you want to run around trying to wind peeps up then stroll on..... to be honest you are getting to the point that you are not worth replying too.......

I don't think any of your 1578 dictorial post have been life changing and a simple no would have sufficed, thank you and have a nice day

well, you were the one chastising topdog for not quoting sources... and telling him that google was not allowed....

Having done as you suggest and check the BBC news site, I can find no reports on the scheme being sped up. Only, in fact, reports concerning its delays... Helpfully, they give the timetable for the ID card rollout. Looks like it wont be until 2017 that they become mandatory for everyone.

As you can see, I have been taking part in this thread for quite some time now, so I pretty much understand what has been posted etc. Its a shame you wish to detract from what was a sensible discussion on the topic and turn it into a nonesense thread by going after individuals.

I am perfectly on topic thank you

Blair to speed up ID card plan 'to fight terror' - News - Manchester Evening News

look at the date ffs . yea it was really speed up . near 4 years later . can one of the ones against please tell me what they have in thier locker that scares them so much about these cards .

We actually all work for Ryanair document control :proud:

Sorry could not resist lol

Back