Firmware Update and Password Problem

wilko82

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a pre configured Kryptview through a friend of a friend.

When all the channels were lost I tried to update the selected transponder and scan for the channels again. The problem I have is that when trying to enter into menu>Installation I am prompted to enter a 4 digit password :mad:

After doing a little research I then got hold of a null modem cable which connects directly to my desktop PC not via a USB to serial cable, using the software called "DownTool_0927.exe" with the firmware image "Kryptview_A780_03012011.bin" hoping that this would overwrite the settings for the existing image and therefore remove the password however each time I attempt this I get an error message saying "the downloading is not requested"

I have followed the steps ie
ensuring my baud rate for the COM port is set to 115200 (tried this and 9600)

switch off the box
select the image and click start
then power on the box

Each time I get that error message, I have tried using a different null modem cables but still no joy.

Can anyone tell me if there is a default 4 digit password I can try and also if there is something that I am doing wrong when trying to flash the box with the newer image.

System Information from the menu screen tells me the following
Date 09/09/2010
Software VersionKryptview A780 pv3.6.00
H/W Version V3.0.0

Thanks for any help

Hi,

I bought a pre configured Kryptview through a friend of a friend.

When all the channels were lost I tried to update the selected transponder and scan for the channels again. The problem I have is that when trying to enter into menu>Installation I am prompted to enter a 4 digit password :mad:

After doing a little research I then got hold of a null modem cable which connects directly to my desktop PC not via a USB to serial cable, using the software called "DownTool_0927.exe" with the firmware image "Kryptview_A780_03012011.bin" hoping that this would overwrite the settings for the existing image and therefore remove the password however each time I attempt this I get an error message saying "the downloading is not requested"

I have followed the steps ie
ensuring my baud rate for the COM port is set to 115200 (tried this and 9600)

switch off the box
select the image and click start
then power on the box

Each time I get that error message, I have tried using a different null modem cables but still no joy.

Can anyone tell me if there is a default 4 digit password I can try and also if there is something that I am doing wrong when trying to flash the box with the newer image.

System Information from the menu screen tells me the following
Date 09/09/2010
Software VersionKryptview A780 pv3.6.00
H/W Version V3.0.0

Thanks for any help

0000 m8............

Ok Just found in another post, 0000 is the default, tested this and is working but still have the issue with the error message 'the downloading is not requested' Ive seen theres a new s/w update 24/4/2011, anyone supply me with the link and I can try this to see if I still have the same issue, if that fails I will try on another PC or USB to serial

Fixed it with the software update from the menu, so that I am now on the latest firmware

I followed this guide
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/263349/

However now my box is locking up randomly and I still don't have any channels other than FTA, is it a case of just being patient for now Or should I have some channels?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed it with the software update from the menu, so that I am now on the latest firmware

I followed this guide
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/263349/

However now my box is locking up randomly and I still don't have any channels other than FTA, is it a case of just being patient for now Or should I have some channels?

Cheers

power off box at rear router and modem also for 30 secs then on

espn is on now m8

Last edited by a moderator:
menu > installation>0000>factory default then rescan, it will get rid of old data and you will be up to date

after you factory reset and erase channels.power off at rear for 30 secsas that now clears out the tps before you rescan,get to do it any time you s/w update or flash box
always better to start with a clean slate every time:banana::banana:

Back