Firefox 3

is there any way to clear the address bar so that the search doesn't start when you type an address ?

ive already got a tick in "always clear my private data when i close firefox"

i dont have a tick in "remember what i enter in forms and the search bar"

Stolen from else where so quoted:

http://www.sapiensbryan.com/index.php/how-to-disable-firefox-30-smart-location-bar/ said:
The following steps will completely disable it :-
  • In the address field of Firefox 3.0, type about:config, then press Enter.
  • In the filter field, type browser.urlbar.
  • Click on the line with browser.urlbar.matchBehavior, change the value to 0 (zero).
  • Click on the line with browser.urlbar.maxRichResults, change the value to 0 (zero) also.
  • Now exit FireFox and open it again.
If you want it to behave like Firefox 2.0 then do the following :-
  • In the address field of Firefox 3.0, type about:config, then press Enter.
  • In the filter field, type browser.urlbar.
  • Double click on the line with browser.urlbar.matchOnlytyped, the value will automatically change to true.
  • Now exit FireFox and open it again.

just using it here ,no problems so far. it does seem a tad quicker and i like it upto now.

my real player and media 11 plug ins still dont work

Did you install over firefox 2 or uninstall 2 and then install 3? (BTW I installed over the top)

Also go to tools > options > applications. Scroll down to Windows Media Audio/Video... does it say what the default action is?

Do the same for RAM file...

Hmm, I didn't uninstall 2 afterwards. Although, on checking it looks as thought 3 has done it for me.

This is a fix for beta 2 but as I recall you use Vista so try this: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Windows_Media_Player#Missing_plugin (I thought it had already been posted in this thread though...)

As for RealPlayer, I don't use it. I use RealAlternative instead as I don't agree with RealMedia privacy policy. But I only need the codec for the BBC's listen again radio service - you can use media player instead but I found it needs to buffer too often.

wtf when i closed down firefox 3 yesterday it asked me to save my open pages so when i open them they all restore now today it dosent !!!

and i have to open the pages again manually WTF also now its not checking the spelling either !!!

wtf when i closed down firefox 3 yesterday it asked me to save my open pages so when i open them they all restore now today it dosent !!!

and i have to open the pages again manually WTF also now its not checking the spelling either !!!

I had the same problem with spell check. The problem is with the GB version of firefox. If you install the US version then it works fine. I think it is missing the dictionary in GB version cos the size is smaller too. Problem with US version is it has the US dictionary! You can install the dictionary as an add-on from mozilla.com if you want to keep the GB version.

Hope this helps.

cheers m8 why the feck do they release these programmes when they are full of bugs ?

I think the US version has a bigger user base and so gets tested the most hence the fewer bugs!

why the feck do they release these programmes when they are full of bugs ?

firefox is the best Browser and its free

and you say that :(
but i know what you mean "beta means nothing now :proud:"

am sure team firefox will fix it all up sweet like the others

http://www.opera.com/download/

The BEST browser in the world... Probably... ;)

Been using it for years, FF comes a very poor second for me. K-Meleon is better TBH...

Though most things knock seven bales of shite out of IE.6/7

YES OH YES,

Try the new Opera 9 browser - it's lovely.

I like the new mouse jestures, so to go back a page you just right click and slide the mouse to the left. Or to reload a page, right click slide up and down, open a new tab, right click and slide down... QUALITY!!!

Love the speed dial and downloadable skins aswell.

Aparrently the most secure browser on the market aswell.

Back