finallllllllllllly

madmanc

Inactive User
Reaction score
yesssss lol ordered me the ym 6800 now lol 1m dish : multi ::lovestory

got the diff bracket to install on back of house...told wife it had to be on side but she said hell will freeze over 1st.... even bought her some new perfume as a bribe aand got a thanks but you still not having on side of house lmao.....

coming tomorow need to get some wall bolts and im ready to go lol...

thomohawk where you get that little sat finder gadget and was it worth it???

cheers all for the help: multi ::Laugh:

it's highly recommendable to have a satellite finder m8,you can get them from any satellite shop or the maplins sell them too or good old fleabay

maplin's m8, was worth it no messing about, you order your brackets from digidudes m8 as bolts came with mine and i ordered the t&k bracket whch is what you,ll have got.

it,ll be on the maplins website,i went into leeds to get mine from the shop itself.you might find a cheap one on ebay if your getting it off the web.

oh and get one with a beep it makes it easier, theres some with out.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if you buy a sat finder does that mean you dont have to fine tune at all, it tells you where to position the dish perfectly?

it finds the sats and you get the picture but its best to fine tweak like in the tut to get the best signal, but thats just a case of bending the dish up/down left/right with all bolts tightened, not fine tuned mine yet and i get all the channels but i will so that the signal is as high as i can get it, just waiting for a bit of good weather as i was piss wet and had a frozen head when i put the bugger up lol.

so in answer to your question yes it finds the sat you want when setting up.

thanx i would def buy one coz as stated in Digi's install guide id probably be pointing it at Santas house :) : santahat

@madmanc the guy Digi recommended has sat finders for £4.99 which seems pretty cheap.

he also does a set for £12.99 with a compass and sat finder and something else

Last edited:
I got my dish last Thursday but I am still waiting for my DM500S to come from China. While I am waiting for the box to turn up I have put my dish togather and stuck it on pole which is attached to one of those outside umbrella stand. I would like to attach it to wall at the back of the house where it would not be seen by anyone but I want to make sure that I get a decent signal before I stick up any brackets on the house. I have read up digidudes tut , looked up my latitude on my sat nav sat the elevation according to the table that came with the manual , looked at my neighbours s*y dish and pointed to what I think is South. My dish is not exactly firm on this stand as I am using a few bricks to weigh it down and the wind will probably make it vibrate a little. Just how sensitive are the dishes? I am not sure how accurate any of this is without the dreambox. I did recieve a sat meter with my dish, is it possible to check anything with this whilst I am waiting for the dreambox?

Last edited:
well its come this afternoon :Wave:

havmt really looked yet tho as just in from work but i was expecting some sort of pole to raise it up lol

ill take a proper look later ron tho.... n1 all you guys that helped me spend 400 quid lol i love u all ahhahah

you will love them even better when it is sorted mate,i bought the technmate 1500super and a motorized setup a few years ago,well worth the money

@Curious - the LNB gets its power from the receiver so you'd need to wait until that comes. And remember, if you have any other dreambox in the same room, i.e. DM600/DM500, then the same remote will operate both receivers at the same time.

You'll need the dbswitch plugin.

Those satellite beepers are not bad, there's an anolog needle thing that moves when it finds a signal and the beeping get's louder as the signal gets stronger.

Best to manually set the receiver to a transponder that has a fta channel, i.e. BBC World, when you're tuning in. Then the picture will come on the tv when you hit the stream. The sat finder doesn't work on all sats, some of the streams are not strong enough so you get a good picture on the tv but it doesn't beep when you connect the meter. That's why it's best to set up on a few strong transponders then tune in all the other sats. Ideally you want one of the expensive sat meters but there's no way you're going to pay that money for one setup. If you know a satellite installer and can borrow one, that's even better. ;)

Check out kingofsat.net or lyngsat.com to get the transponder that BBC World is on for each satellite.

Last edited:
@Devilfish thx for the info much appreciated. Got the DM500 yesterday evening and ijust flashed it with the pli image. It was too late to do anything else. I found a post of yours on a another forum about the satellite.xml file. Is this file as important to satellites as the cables.xml is to the cables?

The satellites.xml file that comes with the image is usually ok. That file is going to be the same for everyone as we're all looking at the same sats.

Sometimes a new transponder will be created and channels moved, just like cable, and if you're satellites.xml file doesn't have that transponder then you'll never get the channels with an automatic scan, you'd need to do a manual scan or edit the satellites.xml file with the new data.

Here's the latest Captains satellites settings.

Oh well bought my setup this morning. 1m dish from Digidudes guy (everything but the receiver), sat finder from him too and a DM500S.

Both should arrive tomorrow but im gonna have to wait till the 24th before i can install it :(

I have now got my 1m motorised dish and DM500 connected though not sure if all the angles and alignments are correct. I have tried scanning for several satellite but cannot get a lock on any of them and my SNR averages around 60%. I have tried moving the dish around but cannot see any change in the SNR. Any ideas anyone?

If you go to BBC World on either 1w (11325.00 H 24500 7/8), 13e (11334.33 H 27500 1/2) or 19.2e (11597.00 V 22000 5/6) you should get an SNR of about 90%, at least 80% and the channel should come on at that.

Use your sat meter to find the beam. You might need to adjust the elevation on your dish if it's not perfect.

Back