Ferguson Ariva 150

Hi Mickah,

Have the N line working for nearly 3 hours, not a glitch,
Thanks for all your help and encouragement.

Hi Mickah,

Have the N line working for nearly 3 hours, not a glitch,
Thanks for all your help and encouragement.

Great stuff, can you do me a favour and post back if you have any issues with it going from a FTA chan after 10 mins to an encrypted one and the chan not unscrambling?

Thanks

Hi Mickah,

Motes from last night:

6.23 to 7.15 sly spo 1
7.15 to 7.58 RTE1
7.58 to 8.56 Discov
8.56 to 10.00 Chan 4 +
10.00 to 11.42 Sly Act (rambo)
11.43 to 12.20 BBC4
12.20 back to sly sp 1
12 21 shutdown

No issues switching back and forth, no stalling or slow channel changes, no need for reboot. Will continue to monitor at weekend.

Hi Mickah,

Motes from last night:

6.23 to 7.15 sly spo 1
7.15 to 7.58 RTE1
7.58 to 8.56 Discov
8.56 to 10.00 Chan 4 +
10.00 to 11.42 Sly Act (rambo)
11.43 to 12.20 BBC4
12.20 back to sly sp 1
12 21 shutdown

No issues switching back and forth, no stalling or slow channel changes, no need for reboot. Will continue to monitor at weekend.

Cheers, sounds like the box you have is ok and not suffering from the probs others have seen, seems to be the early batches of these with the issue, tuner or chip or both, thats causing them not clear chans

I just picked up a Ferguson 150 and I'm wondering if 1.20B6 (Nov release) is the best patched firmware for the receiver ?
Does the 150 work better with Newcamd than CCCam ,similar to the 120 ?
Many thanks guys

I just picked up a Ferguson 150 and I'm wondering if 1.20B6 (Nov release) is the best patched firmware for the receiver ?
Does the 150 work better with Newcamd than CCCam ,similar to the 120 ?
Many thanks guys

Fano there is a later patched release

Added Mycam sharingu protocol over UDP - details in the file: mycam.pdf
- Unlocked Grooveshark
- Plus other minor fixes

A150Combo_20121213_1.21B4

Newcamd is the better, but have found if your line supplier is taking a Nline from OSCAM it causes hassle with the box clearing chans as i mentioned in previous posts on here, the NLINE has to come from NEWCAMD setup, not OSCAM or CCAM, finally found the issue with what was happening with mine

Fano there is a later patched release

Added Mycam sharingu protocol over UDP - details in the file: mycam.pdf
- Unlocked Grooveshark
- Plus other minor fixes

A150Combo_20121213_1.21B4

Newcamd is the better, but have found if your line supplier is taking a Nline from OSCAM it causes hassle with the box clearing chans as i mentioned in previous posts on here, the NLINE has to come from NEWCAMD setup, not OSCAM or CCAM, finally found the issue with what was happening with mine
Thanks Mickah ,good work on finding the cause of the problem.
How does CCCam perform on these boxes ,is it similar to the 120 where it becomes unstable afer ~2 hours of operation.

Thanks Mickah ,good work on finding the cause of the problem.
How does CCCam perform on these boxes ,is it similar to the 120 where it becomes unstable afer ~2 hours of operation.

Not good mate, the CCAM is an older version, V1.0 i think and newcamd is old also, but newcamd is the better, the box works well once on a proper NLINE

CCam gets twitchy, glitching every 15 sec cycle, again just what I found, others may differ, but its the general opinion about CCAM on these

Hi Mickah
I tested my 150 today with 1.21b4 and it worked perfectly taking an N line from my Oscam server .
It switched perfectly from fta to encryped channel ,even after 30-35 minutes.
Looking at the Oscam server webinterface the 150 was logged in at all times and never timed out .
Newcamd on the box seems very stable .Weird.

Hi Mickah
I tested my 150 today with 1.21b4 and it worked perfectly taking an N line from my Oscam server .
It switched perfectly from fta to encryped channel ,even after 30-35 minutes.
Looking at the Oscam server webinterface the 150 was logged in at all times and never timed out .
Newcamd on the box seems very stable .Weird.

Hi,

Can you tell me where to get the 1.21b4 from please?

Thanks

Hi guys.
I just bought this box and everything was ok with this patch.
However sudenlly my box stop working and a got a message on the led 'ash'.
Can i revover the original firmware with null modem cable?
By the way ... i want to locally conect this box to my dream500 hd via CCcam.
Can you help me configure my box?
What firmware should i use.
Is there any thread that might help me?

Thanks in advance.
nferreira

Yes, you need to install the original f/w with a null cale - you must have uploaded the wrong software 4 the box.

I dont know the answer to ur 2nd question

Yes, you need to install the original f/w with a null cale - you must have uploaded the wrong software 4 the box.

I dont know the answer to ur 2nd question

Hi.
I tried to put the original firmaware from site (A150Combo_20130222_V1.22B5) with the program STB EROM upgrade but i have this error:
- 'set stb memory error'.
What can i do to fix this.
Thanks,
nferreira

I have never had to do it so I cant tell you how. But its discussed in this thread, might help:

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/283265/

Thanks.
I downloaded the original firmware from the site ant it flash ok with null modem cable and everything is ok now.
However i wanted to patch it with firmware so i can use it as CCcam client.
Do you know where can i find information on this?
Thanks,
noel

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.
I downloaded the original firmware from the site ant it flash ok with null modem cable and everything is ok now.
However i wanted to patch it with firmware so i can use it as CCcam client.
Do you know where can i find information on this?
Thanks,
noel

Sorry for the mistake.
I realize now that this patch already have the CCcam option compiled.
I flashed it and eveything is excelent...
There's only one problem ... youtube plugin movies can't be downloaded. It says the movie can't be found on server.
Can you help me fixing this...
Thanks,
nferreira

Hi lads,
I just flashed the ariva 120 box with the patched firmware for my dad, and now I want to do the same with my own 150, is there anything that I need to look out for when doing the 150 box. Thanks.

Hi guys. Does anyone have an up to date channel list for the patched version of v1.21B4?

Back