Feel Guilty :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 6259
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6259

My little girl fell in the garden last week and seroiusly cut her knee and i carnt help feeling guilty as it was proberly my fault she done it,When we moved into the house last year there was an old washing line pole in the garden and i snapped it off but never got around digging the base out so it left abit sticking out of the ground and thats what she cut it on.Any ways lesson learned now ive had it dug out and concreted over and will be finishing jobs in a future.

It's only natural to feel guilty when something happens to your own kin and if it could have been avoided? Don't get too hung up on it though mate? it could have happened anyplace at anytime and it wont be the first time she'll cut herself? I'm a father too, my daughter is 5 years old and I too hate seeing her getting hurt in anyway, so I know exactly how you feel?

dont worry, kids go out there way to hurt themselvesand get themselves into trouble, it the only way they lern,lol, is she ok now ?

believe me m8, i have been there myself.

gimme a few mins and i will find my post, i know how you feel m8.

dont worry, kids go out there way to hurt themselvesand get themselves into trouble, it the only way they lern,

I'm off to bury some glass in the garden then :FRIGHT:

Hope she's OK mate, but it's easy to overlook things.

My little girl fell in the garden last week and seroiusly cut her knee and i carnt help feeling guilty as it was proberly my fault she done it,When we moved into the house last year there was an old washing line pole in the garden and i snapped it off but never got around digging the base out so it left abit sticking out of the ground and thats what she cut it on.Any ways lesson learned now ive had it dug out and concreted over and will be finishing jobs in a future.
Take her down to Toys R Us for a treat. I hope that you put this down to experience, it's always better to prevent accidents happens, no good having steel doors after your house has been burgaled!!!

PS I'm not patronising you, is just that I'm paranoid with kids, when my grandkids are around I always look out for any danger.

Oh the joys of parenthood!

I know how you feel - I used to have terrible fears about my daughter getting hurt when she was little.

It's a hard and sharp world out there and you can only do your best.

My daughter's nearly thirty now and I still worry about her!

I'm off to bury some glass in the garden then :FRIGHT:

Hope she's OK mate, but it's easy to overlook things.
i didnt mean it like that, u no wot i ment,
wen i was little i threw myself of a hay rick and broke my wrist, after my mum told me 5 times not to do it, but i wanted to so i did, kids will be kids.

Nice post Draca mate, not the fact that your kid got hurt ofcourse, but the fact that you as a parent felt compelled to share your feelings with us, says a lot about you.

Top bloke IMO.

Cheers people,i suppose im just like any parent at the end of the day,Think ill take your advice Sencore mate and go treat her to some thing nice.

Cheers again guys.

Back