Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Wimpy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greggs

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Pizza Hut

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
Would have to go along with fish n' chips. Unfortunately I can usually only get a decent fish supper back in Scotland.
I always loved going back to Scotland and have a decent chip shop meal. Came from a place called Lochgelly in Fife. Used a chippie called Jimmy Splits and preferred a pudding supper. He did white, black and red puddings but I preferred the white.
They always had brown sauce on the counter that was topped up with vinegar...absolutely brilliant!!!!!
Does every Scot know about red pudding? I think it might be a regional thing.
Can anybody send me some?, lol

Chookey

is this to make the vinegar last longer,as we all know the scots are a bit tight.LOL
They always had brown sauce on the counter that was topped up with vinegar...absolutely brilliant!!!!!

Chookey

I always loved going back to Scotland and have a decent chip shop meal. Came from a place called Lochgelly in Fife. Used a chippie called Jimmy Splits and preferred a pudding supper. He did white, black and red puddings but I preferred the white.
Does every Scot know about red pudding? I think it might be a regional thing.
Can anybody send me some?, lol

Chookey

LoL, home of the Lochgelly Tawse, I've had more than one encounter with that :)

Never heard of red supper, it may well be a regional thing.

I'm originally from the West, but staying in the East now.

Other regional chippy differences are, you can't get fritters in the East, at least I've not found any.

Also the West offers Salt & Vinegar, while in the East it's Sot n Sos :)

Fish and chips have to be my favourite. I used to work in a chippe and I still didnt get bored of having them!!

LoL, home of the Lochgelly Tawse, I've had more than one encounter with that :)

Never heard of red supper, it may well be a regional thing.

I'm originally from the West, but staying in the East now.

Other regional chippy differences are, you can't get fritters in the East, at least I've not found any.

Also the West offers Salt & Vinegar, while in the East it's Sot n Sos :)
Only ever had the tawse once, 9 yrs old and couldn't feel my hands for 2 days, my crime....laughing in class. If I remember right this was outlawed after a big story in the News Of The World long before the cane was abolished in England.
I can't remember if my local chippy sold fritters or not but my mum made the best ones anyway.
is this to make the vinegar last longer,as we all know the scots are a bit tight.LOL
It may well be to spread the sauce out but by God it don't half taste better as well. Bear in mind also that there was no charge for the sauce and it was help yourself, don't know if they still do it.

Chookey

Last edited:
Back