Faulty Panasonic 50" plasma PS-50Q97HD

ste03

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I have a faulty Panasonic plasma PS-50Q97HD it has sound but no picture I have checked all the fuses and they ate ok... Any ideas ??

Cheers

Steve

ajuqu4av.jpg
qyvusumu.jpg
bypemese.jpg
7ysyse4y.jpg
ujugu3u4.jpg
by6u8a4y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

Have any of the chips on the upper and lower circuit boards on the left blown, have small holes in them ?

Theres a repair kit on the bay for that model with the same problem, if you can source the components you could probably get them for a few quid at Maplins.

Which boards should I pull out then the long left one that's connected to the panel and the one next to that?? Is there any way to test caps ( I've got a fluke) I'll report back once I've fulled the right ones out... Thanks so far lads :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Could someone just explain which boards are which please, lookin at the kit on eBay it requires changing parts on ysus board and upper and lower buffers... Which ones are these on my set... Sorry for being thick lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The upper and lower buffers are on the left of your tv and the ysus is directly connected to them. Do not order the repair kit without looking very closely at the buffer boards.
Parker13 asked if there was a pinhole in one of the buffer chips.
If so then it will be highly unlikely that you will have the equipment or experience to replace this part. Infact the general concensus amongst tv professionals is to replace the affected buffer board and the ysus panel, bearing in mind also that their likely demise could have been caused by some obscure fault in the power supply.

Best of luck mate but this is a serious repair

also, it's possible this has all been caused by a fault within the screen itself, a short, blowing the buffers and possibly damaging the ysus, or it could be a power supply fault, or control board not switching, hence not so easy to help on a plasma, many experienced engineers loose money and time on these due to the complexities of them, best advice is pay an independent engineer, normally about forty quid to figure it out for you, hate to say it but just cause you got a soldering iron and the internet don't mean you fix tvs, theres a lot more to it.

Last edited:
Have you checked the spider is OK??

Everyone knows that if the spider is poorly (or dead), electrical devices stop working. That is why - when you open up a dead TV, radio, etc - you always find a dead spider inside.

In all seriousness, good luck with your repair.

I have this same tv with the same fault l be watching this thread , good luck

About 5 years I think in my case maybe a little bit more

Back