Skybox F5 F5 issues.

StuDaBear

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for a bit of help with a libertyview f5 which belongs to a mate, we presume his g/f purchased it with a pre paid gift which has either expired or done a bunk. We have added a new N line last night, no channels would open, so I brought it home to have a look at. I hooked it up and got some documentary channels opening, that was it. Next I tried the line in another box, it all works correctly so no issue there. Wondering if it was a firmware or channel list issue as it has never been touched I downloaded latest firmware and channel list files. The F5 would not recognize the first (fat32) usb stick, so more googling I tried another usb which now worked, so files ready on the stick but the F5 will not see the firmware file so I can't update it, it will see the channel list however this fails each time tried. I have since deleted the channel list that was on the box to start with so have had to do a full scan so everything is in a complete mix up with still not much opening.

Any ideas guys, my gut feeling is its bin fodder, is it worth a punt buying another f5 as they only appear to be about £40 on ebay I was gonna suggest he look for a used spiderbox as mine appears a lot more user friendly.

Cheers

Checked more online guides and FAQ sections, found the channel list name had a slight error, corrected this, still no good. tried downloading the firmware again, still no joy.

You could try upgrading the firmware using a serial cable

Deleted all channels again then scanned all relevant transponders, got most stuff working, some channels will still not clear yet are perfect in another box so I think he is gonna buy different receiver. I can only presume the box has some form of error.

Sounds like an LNB issue or the dish is slightly out of line. Test the box in another location to see if you get the same issue.

We have had the receiver connected to 3 dishes, so next check will be as Manic01 suggests.

Back