excellent booster

Put it straight on the incoming feed right after the white box and fit the splitter after the amp.

Frenchman

but theres a splitter in that white box and it has two feeds coming from it, one to my dreambox and other to my modem ?

modem ?, now i`m confused.

yes, modem, i thought this booster done cable tv and cable modem ???

my main feed comes into my house and into a small white box on my livingroom wall, inside that box is a splitter as will be with nearly every cable install, from that splitter i have two feeds, one goes to my modem and one to my dreambox.

should i use a splitter to bring these 2 feeds to the one feed then introduce the new booster then split again from the new booster ?

Last edited:
Take the splitter out and connect the amp to the incoming feed, then fit the splitter on the output of the amp, there should be a little white box that says tv/fm this is an isolater and should be fitted to the incoming feed before anything else.

Frenchman

Take the splitter out and connect the amp to the incoming feed, then fit the splitter on the output of the amp, there should be a little white box that says tv/fm this is an isolater and should be fitted to the incoming feed before anything else.

Frenchman

hmm, no little white box inside the box, just the splitter, thats the way ntl fitted it ? just looks like a 2 way splitter to me.

Well if it's just a splitter then I would still put the input to the splitter to the amp in, and fit the splitter to the output you will need an extra cable to do that mind, but it's better to boost the stronger signal and then turn it down to suit your setup.

Frenchman

Well if it's just a splitter then I would still put the input to the splitter to the amp in, and fit the splitter to the output you will need an extra cable to do that mind, but it's better to boost the stronger signal and then turn it down to suit your setup.

Frenchman

ok , i'll need to have a look n see if the bit of cable feed i have coming in the house is long enough for me to attach the booster, from what i remember last time i looked its very short.
Whats this isolator small white box your talking about, is that for protection against lightning storms or summit ?? do i really need it ?

Yes that's right it seperates your equipment from the cable network from power surges etc, normally when the cable comes from the outside it goes in one of these boxes so maybe it is a combined isolater/splitter and in that case it is better to leave it in place before the amp to be on the safe side. You will need to get another splitter but it will be safer.

Have a read on the splitter it might say what it is.

Frenchman

Yes that's right it seperates your equipment from the cable network from power surges etc, normally when the cable comes from the outside it goes in one of these boxes so maybe it is a combined isolater/splitter and in that case it is better to leave it in place before the amp to be on the safe side. You will need to get another splitter but it will be safer.

Have a read on the splitter it might say what it is.

Frenchman
not yet mate, waiting on the booster arriving, probably tommora, what would it say on the splitter if it was a combined isolator/splitter ?

Probably just that isolater/splitter. Thinking about it, if it is then leaving the modem cable plugged into one feed of the splitter and the other to the amp would be how I would connect it up.

Frenchman

Probably just that isolater/splitter. Thinking about it, if it is then leaving the modem cable plugged into one feed of the splitter and the other to the amp would be how I would connect it up.

Frenchman

yes but my modem is getting weak signal too, ive bought motarola modems and cant even use them cause the signal kept dropping out, ive even had the ntl guy in the house saying my main feed coming in has a shit signal and that i actually need the cable upgraded to a higher quality, but me burd is moaning incase they damage the garden putting it in, LOL, thats why iam messing around with boosters now, but ye, my modem gets a weak signal too, so what ya reckon ?

Well in that case get something like this ebay item 180125967885 to replace you iso/split then put your splitter on after the amp. At least this way you keep it safe and get the max signal into the amp.

Frenchman

Well in that case get something like this ebay item 180125967885 to replace you iso/split then put your splitter on after the amp. At least this way you keep it safe and get the max signal into the amp.

Frenchman

i see the item your on about now mate, ive got one of those spare, infact if i remember correctly, i think it was fitted with ntl and i took it off and put in a standard splitter instead for some reason, LOL, anyways, ive got one of those in the cupboard, i just checked, so that saves me couple of quid :)
I will just fit that back into place, connect a small length of cable to it, then into the new booster, then as you say, run my splitters n cables etc from there.

Phewwwww !!! lol, that was a long conversation, hehehe, thanks very much for your help ma man, thank you.

No problem m8 lol, hope it goes good 2morro :)

Frenchman

i think i might pick one of these up when i have the money. i lost channels when put dream in from dbox and got one of the argos boosters and did nothing so this id say will work

This is how I wired mine up.

Main Feed > Isolator > CATV Amp > 1st Splitter > Dreambox
................................................................|
.........................................................2nd Splitter > Modem > 3rd Splitter > Dreambox > Pace Box

rofl, if that makes any sense!

Just got mine so I'#ll have a play with it tonight. Guy even put a UK plug on it :)

Awesome. All snr on every channel now 94% ber lucky to hit 10 now :D Very pleased big TY to all those who have posted their results as I was a bit sceptical of them esp at 29 quid but you all convinced me it was worth the pop and you were right.

Awesome. All snr on every channel now 94% ber lucky to hit 10 now :D Very pleased big TY to all those who have posted their results as I was a bit sceptical of them esp at 29 quid but you all convinced me it was worth the pop and you were right.

Good init, not had one problem since installing mine, modem is much happier too.

Back