Catv signal booster £10

Hi there, i hav had many amps in the past and this one is think isnt that good, i found best to buy a geniune amp from usa/canada, if you buy on ebay they will ship to uk Channel Vision CVT-2/4PIA 4-Way RF Amplified Splitter on eBay.ca (item 170315657880 end time 21-Jan-10 16:58:19 EST)

This one is very good (on starviews perfect if ur using a dbox then i say its your box these are very poor quality boxes many people complain about signal strength on these best get another one if you have a dbox. This amp also works with cable modems is bi-directional means ampflies both forward and return frequencies. i have 2 of these and never had a problem since i switched to these, other tv amps you find in say argos or other local electronic shops dont work proper and dont work with modems either. hope this info is useful give it a try.

oh yea forgot to mention your need a usa 120v ac step down adaptor costs like £16 at maplins http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=19413

you might think this is alot more to pay just for an amp but it is worth it.

Last edited:
they dont work, put IT on my cable and checked the signal level on box and the level was less than before. DO NOT BUY THEY ARE C**P.

I bought one very similar to that a few years ago for my genuine dm500 and it worked a treat for me. No return path on them though.

I bought one very similar to that a few years ago for my genuine dm500 and it worked a treat for me. No return path on them though.

hey

well there are some mixed reviews, i knew the yellow brick booster existed and had already done a search on the forums, its just i dont think its worth spending £30 on a booster. The one I had before was a £10 one from argos which was pefect! did the job but unfortunately got discont... over at argos.

Anyway ill take the positive from marks post and see how they work, if not ill just claim a refund.

thanks

p.so also geeza thanks for your ebay link! however i want to spend under £20 as i know there are boosters out there that do the job

p.s: o and question to mark: did you buy the exact same one that i linked? also how many ways is your main line split? as in how many boxes is ur main feed powering? thanks

p.s: o and question to mark: did you buy the exact same one that i linked? also how many ways is your main line split? as in how many boxes is ur main feed powering? thanks

Not exact model but as near as dammit but mine only had 3 outputs. I only ever used one of them though. One other slightly negative point of them is that they have a slightly different sized thread f connector and you have to use the cheap plugs that they supply with it.

I no longer have the dreambox but my amp served me well while i did and from memory I think I only paid £6:proud:

Last edited:
Back