Eurovox - V - Dbox2

thomson said:
talking baws man .
no not really ,,,ok most channels u would'nt let your cat watch but it does au
,can not find bbc3 but hey, its CHRISTMAS ......

eurovox3 (replay box) or the eurovox2 is the way to go guys, iam not biosed one way or the other and i personally couldnt care less what ya all buy, but i have eurovox2 just now and its spot on man, but iam going to sell it after the new year and buy the replay box as it has an internal hard drive for recording which i like (plus they are bran spanking new out the wrapper like the eurovox2 too), forget about all the other old junk guys, trust me :Cheers:

thomson said:
eurovox3 (replay box) or the eurovox2 is the way to go guys, iam not biosed one way or the other and i personally couldnt care less what ya all buy, but i have eurovox2 just now and its spot on man, but iam going to sell it after the new year and buy the replay box as it has an internal hard drive for recording which i like (plus they are bran spanking new out the wrapper like the eurovox2 too), forget about all the other old junk guys, trust me :Cheers:

I have just received this question via PM - "what is better... the dreambox or the replaybox?"

My response is written below:

Liam said:
A replaybox has the built-in option to add a hard drive. BUT it is NOT supplied... you have to purchase your own and install it yourself. Also, the software for the replaybox is not in open-source which means that there will not be many updates released for it. There was also a faulty batch of receivers recently recalled.

The dreambox DOESNT have a buillt-in option to add a hard drive, BUT you CAN add a hard-drive IF YOU WISH. [Requires a simple modification]. However, the dreambox software IS in open-source and we are constantly developing the software for it. Also, the dreambox can be integrated with your home network and stream to PC, Record to PC's hard drive etc, whereas the replaybox does not have this capability.

The decision is yours, they are both good boxes but personally I would go with the dreambox (its smaller than the size of my hand).

Liam

The replaybox is basically the newer version of the eurovox2, but it has the capability of adding a hard-drive. Note however that a hard drive is NOT included in the retail price, and must be installed and purchase seperately.

The dreambox DOES NOT have the capability to install a hard drive 'out of the box'. However, you CAN do a small modification to it and install a 2.5" hard drive inside the receiver.

Also note the software status of both boxes:
Replaybox = Closed Source
Dreambox = Open Source Linux

Both boxes come with 12 months warranty and are brand spanking new, except the dreambox is LESS THAN THE SIZE OF MY HAND, is silver so it fits in with most of your modern TV/Audio equipment, and has a fast processor. It also boasts the addition of an ETHERNET port to integrate your home network. The replaybox does not have an ethernet port to do this.

Liam

ilmao liam, you sound like a salesman from the backpool markets, lol, i couldnt care less mate what people buy, iam only giving my own opinion, iam sure people will make thier own minds up anyway.

cheers mate, no disrespect meant :Cheers:

thomson said:
ilmao liam, you sound like a salesman from the backpool markets, lol, i couldnt care less mate what people buy, iam only giving my own opinion, iam sure people will make thier own minds up anyway.

cheers mate, no disrespect meant :Cheers:

I agree thomson, Liam does sound like a salesman. A bloody good one!!!. He's sold me. I want a dreambox so bad now and I'd never heard of it till yesterday. God I wish I hadn't read that damn thread.

Cheers lads.............:xmas: chookey :xmas:

chookey said:
I agree thomson, Liam does sound like a salesman. A bloody good one!!!. He's sold me. I want a dreambox so bad now and I'd never heard of it till yesterday. God I wish I hadn't read that damn thread.

Cheers lads.............:xmas: chookey :xmas:

chookey, have you read about the replay box ?? seriously mate, have a read, iam not giving ya bullsh*t ( [DLMURL]http://www.datageeks.co.uk/replay.html[/DLMURL] ) and you'll see the eurovox2 on that site also mate, now iam sounding like a feckin salesman, hehe, ffs !!!

feck it ! just go buy a black n white 12" portable telly and a betamax video, best entertainment out :Cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
thomson said:
chookey, have you read about the replay box ?? seriously mate, have a read, iam not giving ya bullsh*t ( [DLMURL]http://www.datageeks.co.uk/replay.html[/DLMURL] ) and you'll see the eurovox2 on that site also mate, now iam sounding like a feckin salesman, hehe, ffs !!!

feck it ! just go buy a black n white 12" portable telly and a betamax video, best entertainment out :Cheers:
Cheers thomson, I will check it out when I get back from work. The battle of the salesmen eh?
If either of you need a second in your forthcoming duelling match, then count me in. Only provision is that whoever is fatally wounded doesn't peg it until they leave their dreambox/replay box to me. LOL

Regards.......Chookey.
:santa:

Last edited by a moderator:
chookey said:
Cheers thomson, I will check it out when I get back from work. The battle of the salesmen eh?
If either of you need a second in your forthcoming duelling match, then count me in. Only provision is that whoever is fatally wounded doesn't peg it until they leave their dreambox/replay box to me. LOL

Regards.......Chookey.
ILMFAO.....

LOL, sorry for being a salesman :p I'm just used to it ;)
P.S... Buy a dreambox. lol

Well it has taken me some time to try and choose between the two. I have listened to the points put across by the 2 exceptional salesmen, Liamcrayden and Thomson. Both of you learned men have put a very strong case together for your respective choice of receivers. Both the dreambox and the replaybox at the end of the day give us free channels, both outperform the pace/samsung boxes by far.
Pricewise in their basic form they are very similar. The dreambox will soon incorporate an internal hardrive for pvr functions, whereas the replaybox already has this as an option.
As for my choice..........sorry Thomson but I have decided on a dreambox. My main reason being that the dreambox is open source and help will hopefully always be on hand here at DW. I am going to try and wait till the dreambox is pvr but it is going to be difficult.

A Merry Xmas to Liamcrayden and Thomson and all at Digital World.
:xmas: from Chookey :xmas:​
: party :

Last edited:
ordered myself a Replay box after reading this thread. I'm looking for PVR functionality at this point and I don't fancy having to pull out a soldering Iron any time in the future to fit a HD.

Now i gotta sell my bloody brand new sammy.

By the way has anyone considered Tivo with their pace or sammy cable box?

It seems expensive but has all the PVR functions and a guaranteed EPG for every channel

Back