Sensible Topic EU migrants face wait of five years for benefits in Britain!!!!

As you say not before time, there will always be those who say "But they are paying their taxes and dues so should be entitled" The small amount that will have been paid during that 5 years would probably not pay the cost of hospital, dentist and doctors visits and subsidised prescriptions, then for many there will be the cost of educating their children.
Another thing that can become a costly item for the country is supplying social housing, which personally I feel quite strongly about. When you apply to the council for social housing if you have left a property you are living in (maybe your parents home or rental property that you cannot afford or a marriage break-up) this is counted as "Having made yourself purposely homeless" and means that you are not eligible for social housing. Now I'm fairly sure that the majority of those EU migrants who apply for and obtain social housing were not homeless in there own countries before moving here, so surely they also have made themselves "purposely homeless" and therefore should not be eligible for the social housing. It is situations like this that is making ordinary people feel like second class citizens and also making them feel angry towards the migrants, unfortunately this anger will also be vented towards those who are not involved in any way with social housing.
Britain needs immigration to perform properly, it always had and always will and we should be grateful for those who have come when the call went out for them.....................but that is the problem now, in the past it has been immigration requested to fill problem areas in the work force and not just open doors as the EU have created and the EU demanding that everything available to the British people Must also be available to EU migrants instantly.

I think it would be a good thing with some small tweaks regarding children. Education has to be available to all. Child benefit should only be payable to British born and not subject to the 5 year rule.
Housing should be attained before the entire family makes the move. When I was 10 my Dad left Scotland when the pit was closing to work in the Warwickshire coalfields. It was over 6 months before we were rehoused and able to join him.

The Government just needs to be sensible about it, lol, and try to ensure the conditions for entry are fair but aimed more towards the genuine immigrants. Doesn't really sound right but I know what I mean :rolleyes:

I think it would be a good thing with some small tweaks regarding children. Education has to be available to all. Child benefit should only be payable to British born and not subject to the 5 year rule.
Housing should be attained before the entire family makes the move. When I was 10 my Dad left Scotland when the pit was closing to work in the Warwickshire coalfields. It was over 6 months before we were rehoused and able to join him.

The Government just needs to be sensible about it, lol, and try to ensure the conditions for entry are fair but aimed more towards the genuine immigrants. Doesn't really sound right but I know what I mean :rolleyes:

Sounds fine, with an obvious exceptions, an immigrant marrying a Brit, no longer counts as an immigrant

As you say not before time, there will always be those who say "But they are paying their taxes and dues so should be entitled" The small amount that will have been paid during that 5 years would probably not pay the cost of hospital, dentist and doctors visits and subsidised prescriptions, then for many there will be the cost of educating their children.
Another thing that can become a costly item for the country is supplying social housing, which personally I feel quite strongly about. When you apply to the council for social housing if you have left a property you are living in (maybe your parents home or rental property that you cannot afford or a marriage break-up) this is counted as "Having made yourself purposely homeless" and means that you are not eligible for social housing. Now I'm fairly sure that the majority of those EU migrants who apply for and obtain social housing were not homeless in there own countries before moving here, so surely they also have made themselves "purposely homeless" and therefore should not be eligible for the social housing. It is situations like this that is making ordinary people feel like second class citizens and also making them feel angry towards the migrants, unfortunately this anger will also be vented towards those who are not involved in any way with social housing.
Britain needs immigration to perform properly, it always had and always will and we should be grateful for those who have come when the call went out for them.....................but that is the problem now, in the past it has been immigration requested to fill problem areas in the work force and not just open doors as the EU have created and the EU demanding that everything available to the British people Must also be available to EU migrants instantly.
I'm a Landlord mate, i've had tenants willimg to pay me around £1000 for a good ref and state i m not evicting them.
System is fookes atm,.

The good thing is that people who are needed, have a job to come to are still entitled to benefits.
Its just the economic immigrant i can't handle tbh, even though it's a tiny amount and i doubt much will change under Boris, i dread to think what would happen under Corbyn!!

I don't read any papers, but seen this, YES it's the Sun but surely there is an element of truth there?

Syrian refugee with four wives and 23 kids 'claims £320,000 in benefits a year'

I have also been approached by mu Council to house immigrants, years rent in advance plus ALL maintenance covered, i know other LLs making a fortune off it!!

Whilst this is good, it doesn't go far enough imo. It's not "immigrants" that are the bane of this country, sadly it's the british people themselves, who are an entitled bunch, and feel they should be able to live their lives without working, and just sponging off the system. I know people who work the system, holiday 2/3 times a year and have quite the life.

I also know other people that are 3rd generation benefits, and are super happy about it. The problem is, that whilst they can get what they can without having to work they will continue to do so. Either drop benefits for all after 6 months, or lower what people are allowed to claim. I still find it incredulous that people are able to claim as much if not more than working a minimum wage job, surely that cant be right, and isn't encouraging anyone to go to work.

Whilst this is good, it doesn't go far enough imo. It's not "immigrants" that are the bane of this country, sadly it's the british people themselves, who are an entitled bunch, and feel they should be able to live their lives without working, and just sponging off the system. I know people who work the system, holiday 2/3 times a year and have quite the life.

I also know other people that are 3rd generation benefits, and are super happy about it. The problem is, that whilst they can get what they can without having to work they will continue to do so. Either drop benefits for all after 6 months, or lower what people are allowed to claim. I still find it incredulous that people are able to claim as much if not more than working a minimum wage job, surely that cant be right, and isn't encouraging anyone to go to work.

Nail. Head. Say no more. 👍

Immigration isn't a problem, as long as it's beneficial to the country and the people resident. Labour's (and other Common Purpose entities) mass immigration programme, has produced immiscible groups in society, as there was not enough time for integration for that level of influx. Not that some groups don't want to integrate anyway, of course. There are at least three judicial systems running in parallel in the UK, including Sharia and Halakhah.

Actually, I'll partially retract that bit about immigration of high-skilled workers not being a problem. It is a problem, to the country they emigrated from.

With the low end of the labour market flooded with Eastern Europeans, a lot of UK citizens can't get started working. Jobs that were traditionally done by students and younger, or unqualified people, are taken up as careers by immigrants. It's wage compression. I think the estimate is something like £32k earnings per annum where you become a net contributor, otherwise your tax contributions are wiped out by the benefits (not just tax credits etc but all spending on you) you receive. This is why the claim that "Immigrants pay into the system" is specious. Well paid ones will, but the majority of coffee-pourers, cleaners, prostitutes etc do nothing of the sort. Then we have remittance, many immigrant workers send money back to families in Eastern Europe, marginally better than bringing a horde of babushkas here, I suppose.

Labour kept its voter base by bribing people with benefits. Want to lie about all day watching telly? No problem, just vote for us and we'll keep you happy. Look at Corbyn's latest gaffe on broadband, chuck a Sky subscription in there and it was probably a deal. Benefits do need to be curbed to UK citizens who are capable of work, the benefit culture does need to stop. Look what happened when the Conservatives lowered spending on it, "Boooo... Nasty Party... Thatcher took the kids' milk and closed the mines... Blah blah...". There isn't a money tree, unless you are a Labour politician, then again they don't really believe in it, they just need to make their money.

I think it's all part of the global redistribution of wealth process. That's why no-one really does anything about it, they are all reading from the same script. This, however, will push voters towards increasingly radical parties.

The likes of the Eastern European gypsies, of whom we have probably 300k, will probably use the asylum claim route. Families of 14 children are not uncommon. None of them work, apart from as interpreters that they parade on the likes of the BBC as immigration success stories.

Last edited:
surprisingly, this is nearly the same as something that that David Cameron asked the EU for before brexit became a thing.

Its only a proposal though and you would have to vote conservative to get it.

With the low end of the labour market flooded with Eastern Europeans, a lot of UK citizens can't get started working. Jobs that were traditionally done by students and younger, or unqualified people, are taken up as careers by immigrants.

Spectre I agree with most of your points, but this one I cannot agree with. Without Eastern Europeans doing this work it wouldn't be done. Unqualified people, students etc are not going to pick fruit for a living, as it's back breaking work, and they dont have the inclination to perform such work. Especially when they can just receive benefits and sit around all day.

Port Talbot for instance, it has a massive steel factory, now owned by Tata, the average wage there is around 40k, this is for unskilled labour, but includes danger money due to the nature of the work. The pension scheme there is also incredible, as are the benefits. The majority of men in the area will work in the steel works (If they can) as they know it's an extremely well paid job with benefits. Yet they have little to no skills when the steel works eventually goes bust (Which it will). The average wage in Wales in 12k per annum, so that's hell of a drop for those unskilled workers to take.

Those workers are certainly not going to start picking fruit, or serving coffee's as it'll be well below what they're used to earning, but they have no skills that are really transferable. Obviously there are highly skilled people as well, the engineers etc, but the majority of the work force is unskilled.

Regarding not claiming in 5 years, I know someone who works as a receptionist at a large local doctors surgery. She said (off the record) they are inundated with Eastern Europeans and so called refugee's, mainly single women with 2-6 children and all are born 01/01/**** . One guy came in, banged on the counter and demanded a bus pass, they had to throw him out. He said "Everyone get one!!, I want one to look for work", bare in mind this is at a doctors surgery. When they explained he is not sick he then started saying he was.
People keep fookin harking on about, they all work hard and lots do granted but there's a fookin lot of scroungers coming over already ill to the bones.
They escape so called atrocities I say so called because not all do you know !!!!!! and then they begin new lifes in the likes of Germany France Spain Greece etc. This alone would be enough wouldn't it ? a new life ? new start ?. Nope, they still trek 1000's of miles across Europe travelling through safe haven countries just to get to the UK so ask yourself why ? why not settle in France ?. I'll tell you why, a free meal ticket, free house, free health , all the things other countries just don't give.

And, 34,000 children claim child benefit and don't live in the UK, around 22,000 are Polish. This cost the UK around £35 million a year. Next year we will hit the £16 billion sent out in foreign aid. Out of all the biggest economies in the world USA Germany etc we are No1 giver's percentage wise 5th in the world.

The richest man in Africa is Aliko Dangote, who has a net worth of $14.1 billion. His business empire, Dangote Group, is a multinational industrial conglomerate, the largest in West Africa, and is one of the largest private-sector employers in Nigeria.
We give Nigeria around £320 million a year

We are been taken for a ride as simple as that.

pants down thumb bummed

Regarding not claiming in 5 years, I know someone who works as a receptionist at a large local doctors surgery. She said (off the record) they are inundated with Eastern Europeans and so called refugee's, mainly single women with 2-6 children and all are born 01/01/**** . One guy came in, banged on the counter and demanded a bus pass, they had to throw him out. He said "Everyone get one!!, I want one to look for work", bare in mind this is at a doctors surgery. When they explained he is not sick he then started saying he was.
People keep fookin harking on about, they all work hard and lots do granted but there's a fookin lot of scroungers coming over already ill to the bones.
They escape so called atrocities I say so called because not all do you know !!!!!! and then they begin new lifes in the likes of Germany France Spain Greece etc. This alone would be enough wouldn't it ? a new life ? new start ?. Nope, they still trek 1000's of miles across Europe travelling through safe haven countries just to get to the UK so ask yourself why ? why not settle in France ?. I'll tell you why, a free meal ticket, free house, free health , all the things other countries just don't give.

And, 34,000 children claim child benefit and don't live in the UK, around 22,000 are Polish. This cost the UK around £35 million a year. Next year we will hit the £16 billion sent out in foreign aid. Out of all the biggest economies in the world USA Germany etc we are No1 giver's percentage wise 5th in the world.

The richest man in Africa is Aliko Dangote, who has a net worth of $14.1 billion. His business empire, Dangote Group, is a multinational industrial conglomerate, the largest in West Africa, and is one of the largest private-sector employers in Nigeria.
We give Nigeria around £320 million a year

We are been taken for a ride as simple as that.

pants down thumb bummed

No offence silverdale, but there's an old saying. It's always better to tell a bad story than a good one. So im going to call some BS on your doctors story, I think you've been fed a few lines there.

34000 children claim benefits, and 22000 don't live in the UK, i'd be interested as to where you got these statistics. As for your comment about escaping atrocities, I don't think you or anyone else here is in a position to say what they have or haven't escaped. Lots of other EU countries do take in immigrants, Sweden has one of the highest % of immigrant acceptance, as has most of Scandinavia.

As for your Nigeria point, I dont even know where to start. Nigeria is massively poor as a country, there are very few who are wealthy, and that wealth is super concentrated, mainly in the oil industry and heavy metals industry. So are you saying because they have a billionaire, that we shouldn't provide them aid? Yet we were happy to plunder the territories for our own interests.

Why not use the India model, where we're pumping money into their country and they have their own space industry, they must be rolling in it. Simply because we robbed and pillaged the country for our own ends, and by giving them aid, is one of the only ways we can apologise without apologising.

Finally, you've said that immigrants are scroungers, you might want to look at our own people before you blame others. I know plenty of immigrants, mainly Eastern European ones, and they will literally do anything to ensure they have a better life. You want the toilets cleaned, no problem. Farm work, no problem. Working 3 jobs, no problem. Working at Amazon for minimum wage, no problem. Can you say the same for the people of the UK?

My nephew for instance, he's a fit, healthy young man, now 20 years of age. He's had multiple jobs and opportunities, including working at amazon. He keeps losing his jobs though, why is that you ask. It's not because of immigration that's for sure. No it's because he's a lazy little irk, who would rather sit around, claim benefits, play xbox and smoke weed. And there we have the problem with society, he knows that he can get enough benefits to live on without having a job, so why should he give up his good life to go to work.

I would welcome EU immigrants, who want to work, rather than our own people ; whole families who have been on benefits for years and years

It is not EU immigration you need to worry about - it is immigration from the rest of the world which is the bigger figure.
Successive Government have made promises to reduce the number and none have.
See graph below for figures

8P0lYkjl.png

Bit of D.Trump sh1t there m8 just deny it ffs, the bus pass tale ? Lol just call it bullshit
Nigeria ? Filthy rich country beyond belief that's were I'm coming from. Corruption at the highest level so you think the answer is just give them £320 million a year ?.. Do you suffer from Ostrich syndrome ?.
India ?, yep look at history and blame the UK people who are long gone dead. It's like holding a grudge against Scandinavians for the Vikings and every living German for the holocaust. You need to move on.
Specsavers for you m8, were did I say "all immigrants are scroungers ?" Very poor quote that pal,
Your nephew ?, yes lots are like that British and foreign that's not just a British problem thats a society problem.
You see it geographically my friend, go to Rotherham then go to a sleepy Kent village then compare. I told a story regarding a bus pass then you call it bullshit pmsl, blinkers as per usual.

Not too far from me there are areas were eastern Europeans have taken over. I can tell you this they do not all work that's unless thier all been paid for sitting on chairs outside thier houses and buying sh1t cars then lean on them 24/7 or is it shift work?.

The Police do not even go in unless theres a serious crime so as not to rock the boat.
I agree that no benefit for 5 years,
And finally, you kinda hint that only Eastern Europeans work hard and British wont do the unskilled jobs ?.

Again, someone who wants to put down the UK workforce. Theres lazy fcukers in every walk of life, every country. They work that hard then why isnt their own countries a buzzing metropolis?, why does 1 man and its dog want to come to the UK ?

Last edited:
Bit of D.Trump sh1t there m8 just deny it ffs, the bus pass tale ? Lol just call it bullshit
Nigeria ? Filthy rich country beyond belief that's were I'm coming from. Corruption at the highest level so you think the answer is just give them £320 million a year ?.. Do you suffer from Ostrich syndrome ?.
India ?, yep look at history and blame the UK people who are long gone dead. It's like holding a grudge against Scandinavians for the Vikings and every living German for the holocaust. You need to move on.
Specsavers for you m8, were did I say "all immigrants are scroungers ?" Very poor quote that pal,
Your nephew ?, yes lots are like that British and foreign that's not just a British problem thats a society problem.
You see it geographically my friend, go to Rotherham then go to a sleepy Kent village then compare. I told a story regarding a bus pass then you call it bullshit pmsl, blinkers as per usual.

Not too far from me there are areas were eastern Europeans have taken over. I can tell you this they do not all work that's unless thier all been paid for sitting on chairs outside thier houses and buying sh1t cars then lean on them 24/7 or is it shift work?.

The Police do not even go in unless theres a serious crime so as not to rock the boat.
I agree that no benefit for 5 years,
And finally, you kinda hint that only Eastern Europeans work hard and British wont do the unskilled jobs ?.

Again, someone who wants to put down the UK workforce. Theres lazy fcukers in every walk of life, every country. They work that hard then why isnt their own countries a buzzing metropolis?, why does 1 man and its dog want to come to the UK ?

Silverdale, you're just spouting stuff now. I could say the exact same thing with a different spin, and you'd call it BS. Perhaps you have ostrich syndrome?

You speak of Rotherham, I live in Wales, we have lower average wage than Rotherham, we have higher rates of unemployment. Yet you want to compare with the South East of England, where it is affluent as hell. That's like comparing apples and planes.

So let me address your ramblings, as they're not points.

Nigeria - Country is filthy rich, corruption at highest levels so why give them £320 mill per year.

Whilst the country of Nigeria has massive oil reserves, the wealth is extremely concentrated to the few. Corruption at highest levels, yes totally, but let's look at who that is benefiting shall we. BP for instance, British company, that is lording it up within the country, setting up companies, pumping the oil out, and paying little into the economy. Yes they're paying the politicians, but this is to get the contracts to allow them to funnel the money out of the country. But let's not worry about that eh to make your point ;)

India - Blame the people that are long gone dead. So you're saying it's ok to rob, steal, plunder, rape and pillage and hand back nothing as the people that did all that are dead. By that argument, then why are we still taking stuff back from the Nazi's, they died years ago after all. Let's let all the people that benefited from it keep what's not theirs, after all they're dead now, so what does it matter?

Perhaps you should read what I wrote, before trying to spin it a certain way. I merely quoted you. At no point did I say you said "All immigrants", so perhaps you should take a trip to said glasses shop.

These areas you speak of that have been taken over by Eastern Europeans, are these like the places that Donald J Trump said were in Brum and places, where police can't go? Fear mongering that's what that is. How do you know these people don't work, do you know them personally, or is this claptrap you've been told down the pub by Dave. Damn immigrants, coming here, taking our jobs and benefits, then buying stuff and standing around on them all day.

And it's no hint at all about the British being unwilling to do jobs. How many Brits do you see picking fruit, or cleaning toilets or other lowly paid jobs. Very very few, as they know they can work the system and get more money.

Your last rant is my favourite by far. If they're all so willing to work, why isn't their country a buzzing metropolis. Was the UK a buzzing metropolis, when we flooded Germany and other countries to do all the bricklaying etc. You have to understand, that people only want to give their family a better life, and if that means moving to another country to work, then that's what you do. Reasons are vast, but allow me to give you a few;

Wage descrepancies
Living conditions
War

I think you're confusing 2 different types of immigrants, you're talking about EEA immigrants, who can move here legally under the freedom of movement under the EU, and you're talking about East African immigrants, who enter here illegally. Perhaps you need to understand the differentiation of the two before you start spouting off.

I'll await your response, but if this time you could add a little substance to it, provide a few stats and figures to backup what you claim. Im still waiting on the 34k of benefits, with 22k of them being Polish. I'd love to see your information on the areas of Rotherham where the police wont enter.

I know it's grim up north since they shut the mines, but perhaps they should stop blaming other people for their own problems. Yes the mines shutting killed communities, and the same will continue when the steel industry goes, and other industries as well. But this is not the fault of immigration, it's called capitalism, industrialisation. All other countries are doing now, is what the UK/US were doing years ago, and now the shoes on the other foot, we're unhappy. Diversify into other industries, dont put all your eggs in one basket, and then wonder why they all cracked.

Ramblings ?...I got to line 4 then looked down and gave up m8, war and peace got jacksh1t on your ramblings.
Take the stage fella, ramble away, it's all yours

I'd love to see your information on the areas of Rotherham where the police wont enter.

I don’t know about Rotherham but there is an area called Hexthorpe just outside Doncaster with a Romanian community and the police will only go there if there is a serious crime. My mate works on maintenance for Yorkshire police and over heard two police officers discussing the matter.

Back