Err2

mohammed_khan786

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys

a box keeps coming up with Err2 when it is booted

tried to reset net id etc but found that card is blank

as this isnt one of my regular boxes i need to get the bk/ird numbers from it but i dont hav a rs232 port on any of my comps

is there a way to get this info without using libdebug?

its an old pace box btw and using funcard

err2 in a pace 4001 if that is what box it is , is usuallya sim problem , take out the sim and clean contacts and replace makin sure it sits firmly

bk can be found by using led sim , ird can usually b found on a sticker on scart socket inside box or by sticker on bottom of box and converting using windows calculator in scientific mode

Hi

If its got a funcard then just get your proggy to read the card and save the exteep as that is where box details are. If card is working fine at moment then read the flash from card 1st and then exteep and save both files to pc.

Once saved then write both files back to card. Open up saved exteep using toxic another program I think atmegaird reader or similar name.

You may need to use swapbinhex to convert to a bin file.

That would be the easiest way to go or you can use a p&p simm/flash simm tester to put in place of your box simm to get ird and bk.

Regards

I would clean both sim and contacts , also make sure u've got a good cable feed , take out any spiltters , leave the box for a while it might sort itself . if its a 4001 in pure the net id will set itself . yo should also check the in battery voltage should be around 2.5-3 v . you could also try soft boot hold down channel down key on box and power up keep it held down . theres boxes are old so it might have just given up.

Last edited:
to be honest hun and i don't mean to sound rude here, so i ain't gonna beat around the bush.......the thread u've posted is total nonsense and all ur doing is getting people in a twiddle..

is ur problem the err2 or is it setting net id. or is itconverting ur ird or is it getting bk ???????????????

how do i get the bk off the sim?

by soldering loads of little wires to it.

ive found the sticker on top of the scart lead but how do i then convert it to what i need?

why do u want to convert ? and into what ?

tried to reset net id etc

why ?

tried to reset net id etc but found that card is blank
yeah u have to put the info on it first remeber !! try reading ur posts back in December.

posted by you 17/12/08

i know im probably pushing it here but could you send me the files i would need to put on the funcard to change the net id to 41011
and a kind member pm'd u the files

is there a way to get this info without using libdebug?

you can't get ur bk from using libby !!

a box keeps coming up with Err2 when it is booted
not sure if this is a question or just a statement !!!
------------------------------------------

another post by u 22/10/08

lol dont worry urself. im happy with funcards they are very easy for me. cheers though

so whats ur problem !!!

so is this "one of ur regualar box's "

posted by u on 24/11/08

red jumper
can anyone tell me where i can find the red jumper inside a sammy 1000?

i found something near the battery inside but want to make sure its the right thing

and u had the 'Audacity' to post this reply to someone else's post

27/11/08

why?
are you allergic to google or something?

try doing some research around the cable forum then ur understand where i'm coming from !!!

Very helpful post Tina, lol.
I joined this forum round about the same time as you. In those days this was THE number 1 cable forum, sod the shack.
This cable section was buzzing with bright innovative people who offered advice regardless of how inane and for want of a better word "newbish" a question was asked.

You on the other hand have seemed to take it upon yourself to Police this section and I have noticed over a period of some time that you have targeted certain individuals. It is time to chill out sweetheart, if you can't help then don't reply.

I know you will find this post disagreeable but this is my home forum, where it all started for me. Not too much happens in the cable section now but I do like to visit and would prefer not to read your constant back seat moderating.

Chookey

firsty let me apologise for being unintelligible

wat i meant was that this box is not one that i usually program which means that i don't have the exteep from it which contains the bk ird information.

when i tried to read the exteep off the funcard it turned out that the card was blank which is why i couldnt get the exteep from it

resetting the net id worked on a few other boxes which is why i would have tried it on this one also, but the only way i know how to do this is the funcard method, as i dont have a computer with any usable ports. before you say it i have tried using a USB cable and it doesn't work

so obviously next step is to make a new exteep file, got latest keys all i needed was the bk/ird numbers off the box,

hence my dilemma

before you say it i have tried using a USB cable and it doesn't work

hence my dilemma

wasn't gonna say it....cos it ain't possible

also if u had said from the first post what model u have,.... depending on what model it is, it could of been in the data base...

u don't need the ird, u've already got it remeber

I joined this forum round about the same time as you. In those days this was THE number 1 cable forum, sod the shack.
This cable section was buzzing with bright innovative people who offered advice regardless of how inane and for want of a better word "newbish" a question was asked.

You on the other hand have seemed to take it upon yourself to Police this section and I have noticed over a period of some time that you have targeted certain individuals. It is time to chill out sweetheart, if you can't help then don't reply.

I know you will find this post disagreeable but this is my home forum, where it all started for me. Not too much happens in the cable section now but I do like to visit and would prefer not to read your constant back seat moderating.

Chookey

You on the other hand have seemed to take it upon yourself to Police this section

get real......i sometimes read peeps previous posts to find out what area they are in and what (if any) box they have posted about before to get an idea what box they actually have....ie. mohammeds, all he has mentioned is that he got a pace, everyone presuming it's 4001 .......and advising him relating to that....well he's actually in ex c&w

as for targeting individuals , errrr....... never posted to this members threads before until today, (hence him being a member for the last 2 yrs). as for others that i presume ur talking about then see my post previosly posted about amouth ago (can't even be bothered to hunt for it)

if you can't help then don't reply.
errrrr...try reading these target threads that ur on about and u'll see that i do. in fact, read this guy's thread that we are in and u'll see that i answered everything that he asked.

if you can't help then don't reply.
thats just it, i can help, but when i see constant, want , want, want, then i'll tell em.....try doing some scrolling around looking for what u want....that way, u'll learn a lot more along the way about other things, when u see the headed titled of something u also wanted to know or u couldn't work out.

would prefer not to read your constant back seat moderating
then don't sweetheart,...go to ur user c.p. tick the wee box that stops u from seeing them.

Finally.........it's people like these 'targets' that gets these good forums shut down....like 'MS' :Cheers:

its a pace 4000 box
sorry i can't be more helpful but thats all i know
if you tell me where to find other information ill get it for you
thanks for your help

thats what we needed to know (4000)

that model doesn't have a simm card in it...the only way to get it is to jtag it.....from ur previous post, i presume it came with a fun card, but u say it's blank....it obvisouly wasn't blank, so u've either swipped it clean or ur not reading correctly.......

pm me ur ird and i'll check the data base, but it's unlikely to be there, but worth a try as the odd one's of 4000 are sometimes there.

this proves how much of an idiot i am :p
the box has a ditv 1000 model number

but i have it all sorted now with the bk neway
thanks for your help guys

the box still doesnt work but i dont know where to go next so im giving up on it

Chookey

well said .........

Back