epg servers down ?

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys - why do the epg servers , ie opentv providers and XEPGDB providers are always down a t the weekends, i get no epg on my duo, deleted the "crossepg" folder from my usb stick and HDD recongigured epg setting still get nothing..weekdays it works fine..they must shut the servers or something at weekends lol

used to have problems with Rytec when I had the TM800 (shivers)

but OpenTV downloads direct from the Satellite as far as I was aware so no server
Mine downloaded fine this morning :)

OpenTV is never down m8 as Rat says its direct from the satellite feed,
maybe if you are running more then one epg source,one craps out and takes the other with it?

Mine to

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry not working I just use the open tv epg as I was having probs with rytec all last week

Sorry not working I just use the open tv epg as I was having probs with rytec all last week

Sorry m8 it was just unclear from your post :)

So is OpenTV working on its own?

Just ran OpenTV and it was fine :)

just so you know its not a problem there end

remove any other epg source and make sure its configured correctly :)

Yes for me was fine this morn

Rytec always gets overloaded on the weekends

no still not working deleted everything relating to crossepg from usb stick and hard drive, reconfugured to download again on usb stick..no download, changed to hard drive still doesnt populate...i can see all the files are downloaded to either media but epfg doesnt populate..reboot of duo still doesnt do the trick...might reload my backup again..

no still not working deleted everything relating to crossepg from usb stick and hard drive, reconfugured to download again on usb stick..no download, changed to hard drive still doesnt populate...i can see all the files are downloaded to either media but epfg doesnt populate..reboot of duo still doesnt do the trick...might reload my backup again..

Did you stop enigma2 running before you deleted any epg.dat file?

If not its stored in memory and will write it back to the usb or hdd before it reboots

ok restored backup stil the same. reflashed BH 2.0.8, set up everthing again from scratch, reformatted usb stick in pc all working now, .anyway have epg and picons again, think it may have been the usb stick, probably corrupted, reformatted it all is well...ol

Back