Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Envision 500

Ginkman

Inactive User

anybody seen these.......they look very like the Dreamboxes......are they the same.....can they be modified........are they any good.......they have them in 500s or 500c.

Last edited by a moderator:
i purchased the Envision 500c recently, its a really nice box, extremely small unit, it is a dreambox clone and it takes the dreambox 500 software perfectly
i loaded the DW.2.0 image to it, it's relly impressive

although not for the complete novice, not easy to get you head round if you are new to cable receivers, i would recomend get something like a eurovox

although the picture quality is much better on the envision 500c and dreambox, better than eurovox
you can plug the envision into your router or network and access the envision from a web interface and stream your tv programs to your pc hard drive and then stream it back to the box to watch it, in very high quality.

some really good features on this envision 500c receiver

very bad customer service from wizard, no one ever answers the phone, anwers emails and says items are despatched even if they are out of stock. Once they have your money they are not interested.its been highlighted in a number of forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eurovox ultra is another clone of the Dreambox and its safe to use the Dreambox images on them. They are a bit more expensive but they have a stable turner.

I wouldn't mind giving one of these a try, but I ain't paying £89 for one!

Anyone know if there is Peng / Bryant style Chinese supplier for these?

Thanks

dont think bryant is doing them but he was doing the dbox 500c if memory serves me correctly

glic83 thanks for the reply.

mate.. why buy it, if you can get a dreambox for the same price ...
For me Dreamboxes aren't just about getting free TV (I fact I rarely watch the Sports, Movies etc), it is about having a look at things, taking them apart, learning how it all works etc, etc

I'm looking to buy one of these Envision boxes. Does it have a good stable tuner? I previously had a Dreambox 500C and it wasn't a very nice experience.

I would recommend the DVB 500C they have a strong screw on philips tuner... (DW2.0 works a treat !!)

you can also go for itgate, but you need thier specific image though..

happy new year btw

Back