England v USA

I did feel a bit sorry for the goalie, doubt they'll play him in any more of the matches now after letting that one in.

And green lol... well hammers nearly relegated and capello takes there goally... ffs man stick in hart and let the lad learn!!!

I would prefer to play hart with little experience (but real potential) than these two clumsy coonts!!!

Actually you do have a point there, 2 out of our 3 England goalkeepers that were picked either nearly got relegated or did get relegated. So their confidence cannot be sky high after such poor seasons and they're bringing that into our world cup campaign....Joe Hart is inexperienced but clangers happen to most goalkeepers, at this point I'd rather have David James in net over Rob Green. But my question is why didn't Paul Robinson get the nod ? Apart from David James he is the one with the most experience currently available.

if thats the best we can do against the bloody yanks , then god help us ,

Actually you do have a point there, 2 out of our 3 England goalkeepers that were picked either nearly got relegated or did get relegated. So their confidence cannot be sky high after such poor seasons and they're bringing that into our world cup campaign....Joe Hart is inexperienced but clangers happen to most goalkeepers, at this point I'd rather have David James in net over Rob Green. But my question is why didn't Paul Robinson get the nod ? Apart from David James he is the one with the most experience currently available.

spot on bout robinson, cant believe he didnt even make the 30... he is a lot better than green & james and had a very good season for blackburn. i know his form dipped but the move to blackburn has galvanised him... he woulda been my choice for number 1 ahead of the 3 out in south africa now...

Yeah but why would this fella take keepers that have nearly been relegated lol.

Green is rubbish end off... James is a brilliant goalie on his day but also a right **** up when it matters.

I would put hart in... what is the point of taking him if he is not going to use him!!!!

Premiership goalie of the season and he is on the bench ffs!!!

I think there might be a few jealous scots out there pmsl.

Mickie

Last edited:
spot on bout robinson, cant believe he didnt even make the 30... he is a lot better than green & james and had a very good season for blackburn. i know his form dipped but the move to blackburn has galvanised him... he woulda been my choice for number 1 ahead of the 3 out in south africa now...

Same here mate....like I said clangers happen to most goalkeepers, and Robbo was always good when he was a Leeds player and he's taken that with him to other clubs, one of few players to leave Leeds and still be the same player. Okay he was relegated with us but if your defence and midfield is wank (at the time) then you as the goalie can only do so much if you're constantly having to make wonder saves. And he's got one hell of a goal kick too. And he even scores when he comes up for corners! ;)

My only criticism of him is that he can too often parry the ball and also make saves for the camera giving them a corner instead of just catching the ball. But as I say he's the most experienced apart from James and I don't think Blackburn were anywhere near the relegation zone....I don't think Joe Hart should be the number 1 keeper because he has no experience, but neither does Green....so James should be number 1 and Hart in reserve - Green in reserve of Hart lol.

This thread is funny. :Cheers::Laugh::lol::thumbsup: "yay"
:tongue: ;)

I thought I was gonna miss the game. I had to go to a graduation (colleges here make a big deal of it). I missed first 7 minutes but couldn't believe the performance, I thought they would of played better against the US.

Conspiracy Theory Time lol : A lot of people here surprised at the scoreline. Even some americans being interviewed thought they would lose. Since there is talk here of getting rid of BP drilling for oil after their fiasco, I am thinking maybe they ensured US didnt lose so Obama will think twice about getting rid of British Petroleum :)

Yeah but why would this fella take keepers that have nearly been relegated lol.

Green is rubbish end off... James is a brilliant goalie on his day but also a right **** up when it matters.

I would put hart in... what is the point of taking him if he is not going to use him!!!!

Premiership goalie of the season and he is on the bench ffs!!!

I think there might be a few jealous scots out there pmsl.

Mickie

Yea I'm a jealous scot wish we were in south Africa I would have prob went too as my auntie stays out there. I think hart should have played I think he is your best keeper. Bet you wish you had our keeper. I was not too impressed with you but you will get better I thouht USA were pretty good and game was more even than commentators suggested.

I was same as most ppl thinking were gonna have a useless tournament after the usa game. Having watched everyone play now i reckon Englands got a chance. Only the Argies and Germans have been any good... trouble is them pairs on our side of the draw. Spain V Brazil in the 2nd round looking a strong possibility so that could despatch one of the favourites early doors.
C'Mon England

I doubt Green gets played again this tournament, James is known for making big errors in big games so it should be Hart to start.

Rooney up front with Gerrad to assit and Lamps in midfield with Barry sitting behind. Lennon on the right with instructions to run and cross and Joe Cole on the left.

That's got to be good enough for at least a place in the quarter finals.

I think he will play green, capello thought he was our strongest keeper and out of a bad bunch id agree. Hart although a brilliant shot stopper lacks experience, james ...... !!!! ?? Stick with robbo. Id love see rooney played off gerrard but i cant see it in fabios formation. Reckon hell play defoe against algeria and stick gerro wide left.
somethin like this
Green
Johnson carragher Terry cole

Barry

Lennon Lampard Gerrard

defoe
rooney

Back