England v India (CRICKET)

I thought this was funny;

'Moores' solution to England sledging row: turn down the mics ...' Next he will be taking the bats of the Indian cricketers to stop them scoring. lol

sreesanth got fined for his shoulder barge on vaughan, next test should be interesting, personally i think sreesanths total crap and got a lot to learn!

I think physical contact is out of order and he got what he deserved. He should have let his bowling do the talking. Unlike the Australians both sides will be playing not to lose at all costs so I reckon the next Test will be a bit of damp squib.

England have to play to win, otherwise the series is lost. In the last two tests whoever's won the toss has dominated the match, so that's likely to be a factor.

I think Tremlett will be dangerous at the Oval, if we can get the Indians on the run we'll have a great chance of levelling the series.

I thought this was funny;

'Moores' solution to England sledging row: turn down the mics ...' Next he will be taking the bats of the Indian cricketers to stop them scoring. lol

That is funny lol

I'd disagree with you DrunkenMaster. Its been a good few years since we had a few have decent 'medium pacers' and I think RP Singh and Sreesanth will do well. Both are not world class though. India traditionally have never had 'quickies' and I expect this trend to continue, dont know why though as you'd think there would be one pace bowler in a billion people.

I dont condone Sreesanths barge on MV but the look on MVs face was worth it. He looked like a guy who couldnt tell if he had just farted or shat his pants.

Sorry m8 if your telling me that sreesanth is a better bowler than munav patel, than u don't know your cricket. Munav has all the makings of a glen mcgrath, something india have never had! As for rp singh i didn't knock him, i thought he played well!! Just thought i'd let you know, i played with a few of the punjab state players when i was out there, i'm a fast /med bowler too.

I'm not saying Sreesanths any better than Patel. Where did I say that?

Any bowler who has been coached personally by Dennis Lillee should be half decent

With the third test to start in 2 days, England need to win this to avoide a home series loss since 2001. The only threat at the moment is Pieterson may miss the match through illness as he didn't train with the team today. As for the 20-20 competition in South Africa, India will be captained by Dhoni, with the return of Sehwag, Pathan and Harbhajan Singh. None of the 3 will feature in the 7 one day games!

I think Sehwag should take up the early retirement/redundancy option. I would have liked to have seen Dravid captain the side and Dhoni opening the batting. Ganguly and Tendulkar need a break .

Apparently it wasn't anything to do with being picked but dravid, tendulkar and ganguly didn't wan to play in the 20-20 tournament!

I think Sehwag should take up the early retirement/redundancy option. I would have liked to have seen Dravid captain the side and Dhoni opening the batting. Ganguly and Tendulkar need a break .

This would be great for Indian cricket. If Dhoni can be half as good as Gilly we could be in for a treat.

Here are their one day and 20-20 squads for upcoming fixtures!!

Twenty20 squad: Mahendra Dhoni (captain), Yuvraj Singh (vice-captain), Virender Sehwag, Dinesh Karthik, Robin Uthappa, Joginder Sharma, Gautam Gambhir, Yusuf Pathan, Piyush Chawla, Sree Santh, Irfan Pathan, RP Singh, Rohit Sharma, Ajit Agarkar, Harbhajan Singh.

One-day squad: Rahul Dravid (captain), Gautam Gambhir, Robin Uthappa, Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh, Saurav Ganguly, Mahendra Dhoni, (vice-captain), Dinesh Karthik, Zaheer Khan, RP Singh, Piyush Chawla, Ramesh Powar, Ajit Agarkar, Rohit Sharma, Munaf Patel.

Not many seniors in the 20-20 squad so theres a good chance Dhoni will open the batting!

teams for the third test

here are the teams for the third test
England (from): Vaughan (capt), Cook, Strauss, Pietersen, Collingwood, Bell, Prior (wkt), Sidebottom, Anderson, Panesar, Tremlett, Broad.

India (from): Dravid (capt), Karthik, Jaffer, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman, Dhoni (wkt), Kumble, Zaheer Khan, Santh, RP Singh, Yuvraj Singh, Bose.

The bad decisions have continued against India. Kartik was no edge and snicko clearly showed this, and the Ganguly decision, well no comment!

LOL Ganguly falls foul of another poor decision.

I hope Sachin goes on to make a big score as he seems to be scoring just under 1 run every 3 deliveries. If India post 500 ish, this series is over.

Hmm not good to see MV not chasing after balls being hit to the boundry, poor poor Monty

Looks like a cracker of a test match. The Oval is great for another 2 days of batting at least which means England can attack the game if they want to go for the win

if India bat the morning session, they should get 86+ runs, thats 400 on the board. I think after that they should realistically be in a no lose situation, and a series win!

Dangerous Dhoni at his best. Surely thats the series now, can't see them lose from here. Crowd certainly got their moneys worth for entertainment!

I'd agree mate. Series is over. Looks like heavy rain on Sunday as well to cap it off for the England team

Sachin took a day and a half to score the same runs.

Only in England can they prepare wickets like this when the home team needs to take 20 wickets.

Great to watch if you're an Indian but a horror show if you are English.

Only the 12th time in history every player has scored double figures in one innings.

I think this wicket showed us that Sachin is past his best by a considerable margin

Back