England v India (CRICKET)

Drunken Master

Inactive User
Reaction score
So with the scores the way they are, who do you think will win on the fifth and final day, England need only 7 wickets, on the other hand India require just 243 runs, so what do you think?

I am going with England, just gotta say that Monty is a breathe of fresh air to cricket, the guy has so much enthusiusm for the game and is a smashing spinner.

If there's no rain in the morning then i think India will drag on there, there's plenty of time left, but if theres rain first thing then the game swings in Englands favour, shall be good to watch.

With Dravid and Tendulkar out it all rests on Ganguly to stay for a good innings and i can't see that happenings. Montys bound to get him out tomorrow. India's batting needs a good shake up until than I can see them doing too well in this series. I am sure England will wrap things up by teatime.

There are only two results possible now and the weather will decide which one happens. In such a short test series I hope that there's a positive result.

Anderson's been a revelation...again. I don't know if he's gradually become more mature or Allan Donald's a great coach, but he now looks like he belongs in the Test match arena.

Anderson's been a revelation...again. I don't know if he's gradually become more mature or Allan Donald's a great coach, but he now looks like he belongs in the Test match arena.

I agree there, Anderson seems to have found the form we all thought he would have but didnt really produce. I think it has to be Donald, he seems to have helped Harmie aswell.

Agree with donald as bowling coach all bowlers will learn, after all he was class, as for ganguly being the responsible batter not quite sure. Laxman is a batter for test matches and seeing as the ball aint swinging it will suit his style of play, and plz don't rule out dhoni, this guy can take any game on his given day!

Its all over guys, i got the dhoni prediction right, was quite a fight! All over and starts again on Friday, should be interesting.

Phew that was close. I thought India were going to lose after VBS got out. England outplayed India for most of the match and were very unlucky not to win. This really is going to be a great series.

I managed to get down to Lords to watch the cricket. Attached are a few pics. The first one is Tendulakers LBW in the first innings. Great timing if I must say so myself :)

That Tremlett looks awesome. I hope he manages to keep this kind of form up. The Indians are a great batting lineup and he really pushed them around. One for the future for sure.

Dravid, Tendulkar and Gangulay should be able to cope with anything England throw at them but they refuse to change their style of play and until they can adapt and master the England bowlers there really is no chance for the Indians. The rest of the Indian team is all in their early twenties and has less than a dozen match experience so it really is asking a lot. Dhoni is great free style player like Gilchrist but struggles when he has to play for time rather than runs.

interesting, my suprise is why aint india playing yuvraj??? hes up there with the elite but hasn't been given a faitr chance to date. Also a little info noticed pathan's left the scene!! forget the rumours about lack of form, its more the indian cricket politics!!! lets face it, how many teams would drop a quality all rounder!

And where's Harbijan? India seem to be trying to change all the time. I don't know why they can't keep a settled team, like Australia do.

There is a lot of bias on the part of the Indian selectors. Each of the selectors trys to get someone from his state into the team otherwise he does not get nominated again for the job. I am sure everyone remembers Greg Chappel being slapped by one of the fans because there was no one from his state playing in the national team. One billion cricket mad people, 11 places on the national team, go figure.

Yeah I'd agree with you guys on the state of Indian cricket at the moment. I think I heard the term ruderless ship being mentioned, I mean for christs sake we dont even have a coach.

I cant wait to see the back of Ganguly. I think he is the most disruptive person in Indian cricket, the sooner he goes the better for all concerned.

I wish Tendulkar would fall on his sword just like Brian Lara. At least Brian Lara can stand tall now. I saw Tendulkar at his peak in the early to mid 90's and he's never been the same since. I would go so far as saying he's holding up the progress of the national side (not more than that idiot Ganguly though)

@Drunken Master - I'd agree with you on Yuvraj. Hes a good player who hasnt had the oppurtunity to shine.

Looks like the team learned fook all from being humiliated in the world cup.

They showed clips of Tendulkar's batting from 10 years ago and his batting style as it now and one of the commentators said that he had remained true to his batting whereas I was thinking that in the last 10 years he hasn't learnt anything. I realised that Tendulakar was no longer the great player he once was when he agreed to settle for a draw in the West Indies rather play for a win. Ganguly was an arrogant little sod before they dropped him and I thought he learnt his lesson. The only good thing they did do was to leave out Sehwag. The Indian cricket team is the highest team paid in the world until they realise they have to play cricket to win matches I am afraid there is no hope.

if we want a chance in the next test match then we got to change our bowling. Really need pathan and munav for me, sacrifice sreesanth and r p singh, he got 5 ok, but it wasn't the best bowling. Also think one of those openers needs to make way for yuvraj but push yuvraj down the order and open with ganguly or tendulkar. As for ganguly take your pick who would you want, him or sehwag??? As for the one day game, still can't understand why they don't open with Dhoni, last time they did that he only scored a matter of 183 not out!

after tendulkar first got out to panesar he sed never again but he does the same thing again, i do not understand y he is playing like that.

He should jus play how he's restarted playing in the ODIs, instead of faffing around at the crease

Back