Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

England v India (CRICKET)

We need big freddy back. Our current attack is to mediocre and would struggle to bowl out bangladesh. Lets see what are batting is going to be like. come on KP !

Hats off to Kumble lads, was that an exhibition or what. The veteran still has what it takes, to cap it off too many records broken to list. Eight 50 plus partnerships, beating the previous of six. Highest 10th wicket partnership for India v England. Highest persnal total and best for Kumble, and the others but hats off to the old man!!!!

Wow obesity must be affecting Ian Howell's brain and eyesight

EDIT: God damnnnn he made a correct decision

Last edited:
LOL @ Howell...for once hes given a decision for india, i bet gower who was defendin him will criticise him now like the other commentators

when holding said "o mercy" after watchin the lbw against collingwood in replay gave me jokess loll

seriously ian howell how much u gettin paid off for these batty decisions...how in god's name is this guy an umpire

The series has finished with 2 draws and India winning 1. Thats the series to India. Looking forward to the 7 one dayers starting next week!

seriously ian howell how much u gettin paid off for these batty decisions...how in god's name is this guy an umpire

I guess thats the difference between an International upmire and an elite umpire. Time to pick up the phone to Daryl Hair...

Congrats to India on an excellent series win. Poor England if only they had been more aggressive in the first test instead of taking light at the first oppurtunity the outcome could have been a lot different

So you think you could do better without the benefit of Hawkeye and slow motion replays?

Poor England if only they had been more aggressive in the first test instead of taking light at the first oppurtunity the outcome could have been a lot different

Very true!

Just noticed that the first 2 one dayers are day/night matches starting at 14:30, should make things interesting.

Heres the fixtures with locations and times

1st England v India, The Rose Bowl, 14:30 (21/08/07)
2nd England v India, Bristol, 14:30 (24/08/07)
3rd England v India, Edgbaston, 10:45 (27/08/07)
4th England v India, Old Trafford, 14:30 (30/08/07)
5th England v India, Headingley, 10:45 (02/09/07)
6th England v India, The Brit Oval, 10:15 (05/09/07)
7th England v India, Lord's, 10:45 (08/09/07)

So you think you could do better without the benefit of Hawkeye and slow motion replays?

Yes, i think most ppl would haved called the correct decision in real time on the most obvious ones he got wrong.

When i was watching on TV my brain said immediately not out or out...the Vaughn, Ganguly and Jaffer were such obvious not outs it was unbelievable. And then he doesnt give out to the most plumb lbws ever.

He didn't have a couple of bad mistakes like Simon Taufel did in the first test, you could have created a catalogue with the number of bad decisions he gave in the test series.

Got to agree, some very bad decisions. If they can be called in real time on tv and considering the umpire is quite close, an international umpire should get these correct. Cricket should perhaps go down the route of tennis and have say three 'challanges' per innings.

Decisions were made and we all make mistakes, some more than others. The series is over and i think most would agree it was a fair outcome. Will be interesting to see who is picked to empire the one dayers. Got to do a thread for those i think, test series over.

Back