energy grant message scam!

I feel sorry for those who don't fully understand that it's a scam, can't afford to lose money but know no better
I wonder how many do fall for it 🤔

I wonder how they get away with it. If it were a paedo trying to groom a victim the Police would be all over it. Obviously there's a huge difference between a scammer and a paedo but the technology exists to root out one but not the other?

I'm also aware that the Police are stretched to their limit. However, so long as nothing proactive is done in bringing these scammers to justice, the longer and more prevalent it will become. Naturally I'm talking about scams originating in the UK and not Nigeria etc:

I wonder how many do fall for it 🤔
the site it takes you to looks just like a dot gov site up until it asks you for you card details and you card cv no so all look authentic up to then.😣

I had a scam phone call just over 2 weeks ago purporting to be about my £400 energy payment. Very well spoken and sounded white UK. First thing out of his mouth was "This is a genuine call from your energy supplier."

I cut in and said you will know my name and who my energy supplier is then? He hung up on me. I wanted him to play ball a little longer. It's been well documented everywhere that the £400 will be credited to our bills over a period of 6 months. It amazes me how many people either don't know or forget this.
I have had the scam text perhaps 3 times now as well.

Friends often turn to me when they have a problem with their pc's, laptops, tablets, phones etc: but I always seem to be an afterthought when it comes to being scammed. Have had 2 friends fall for the Microsoft support scam. First one got duped for £100 and the second, only in his 50's got duped for £300.
That was £100 to get rid of the 97 viruses his machine was "infected" with and £200 for them to remotely reinstall Windows 10 on his pc and 12 months cover for "peace of mind".
I still haven't totally convinced him that he was scammed.

Get this. My mother law said to this morning that her partner had told her to get rid of all her £20 notes as they were no longer legal tender and we’re bringing out new ones. I explained to her that it was the old paper £20 notes and not the new polymer ones and I didn’t think they would be changing all the polymer ones with the Queens head to new ones with the Kings head, as it would be quite expensive to do. But thinking about it it wouldn’t surprise me if our government decided to do it as they’re probably stupid enough.

Get this. My mother law said to this morning that her partner had told her to get rid of all her £20 notes as they were no longer legal tender and we’re bringing out new ones. I explained to her that it was the old paper £20 notes and not the new polymer ones and I didn’t think they would be changing all the polymer ones with the Queens head to new ones with the Kings head, as it would be quite expensive to do. But thinking about it it wouldn’t surprise me if our government decided to do it as they’re probably stupid enough.
All Notes and Coinage will soon appear with King Charles III image on them, he is after all now the UK's Monarch. That does not mean that the Notes and Coins with Queen Elizabeth II's image on them will be replaced straight away, they will only be replaced when they have reached their natural usage span.
Queen Elizabeth II was the Monarch when Decimalisation came in, but there were still coins with Queen Victoria on them in circulation and by then there had been 4 other British Monarchs ( King Edward VII, King George V, King Edward VIII and King George VI )

Queen Elizabeth II was the Monarch when Decimalisation came in, but there were still coins with Queen Victoria on them in circulation and by then there had been 4 other British Monarchs ( King Edward VII, King George V, King Edward VIII and King George VI )

I've got an old tin box at the back of a cupboard somewhere, filled with old pre-decimal coins with all those monarchs on them.

Well apart from Edward VIII, they're worth a bit (if they're genuine).

The only rebate that doesn't get credited to your account automatically was the council tax one IF you didn't actually pay council tax (benefits)
They sent me a cheque that could only be cashed at the post office with photo ID, which was a pleasant surprise as I wasn't expecting a rebate on something I didn't pay for lol Altho it was a mare jumping through their hoops to get the rebate without any photo ID

You don't need to apply for the warm home discount either, for the 1st time this year.
They say they're going to inform those eligible by mid December and they will be credited automatically this time.

Back