Sensible Topic Electricity usgae

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be moving out of a home with gas and electric to a top floor flat with only electric. Its been renovated so i'm assuming the heating system will have to have some sort of efficiency rating. Could anyone give me an idea of what i will pay to the power company?

not sure wife deals with it but she told me it saves us 120 a year
but shop around as they are all competing so fuels getting cheaper

We are killing this world so fast guys shocking 50's and now wow

On average im paying 2K per year ..all electric..probs more like £2400

I'll be moving out of a home with gas and electric to a top floor flat with only electric. Its been renovated so i'm assuming the heating system will have to have some sort of efficiency rating. Could anyone give me an idea of what i will pay to the power company?

Cheap Energy Club - Compare Gas & Electric and Save

Even though you'll not know your usage you could ask one of your new neighbours for a rough usage.

It compares every supplier for the cheapest.

How much is your bill(if i can ask) as i checked octopus and they seemed way to low imo

gas and lecy was
£864 Old supplier
and now
£744 new Supplier

@langland just in case you think i'm bullshitting you..View attachment 127103
WOW 14,000 kwh of electric in a year ever likely you are paying 2k.
I really dont know how you use that much in a 3 bed house unless next doors have been up in the loft and are nicking your electric.

I have just checked my annual usage of electric and it comes in at 1740 kwh.
I do have a gas boiler so that obviously reduces my needs but......................

Wow 14,000kwh

That is pretty mental. We've got a salon in our back garden running hair dryers lights heat hot water (all electric) plus our 3 bed bungy and thats only 100 a month (gas and electric)

Wow this just proves that electric heating is expensive 🤯😱

@langland just in case you think i'm bullshitting you..View attachment 127103
Then only 2 questions I can think of

How many Bitcoin Miners are you running Tamarc?
or
Isn't it about time you asked that old vietnamese couple just exactly what they are doing in your loft?

That is seriously high mate, you need something to be looked into. :)

Thought I would just add my estimated annual cost per year is £428.47

FFS Tamarc, I thought my electric was high at over £900 pa, I have just done a search on MSE energy club using my account, 1400KWh cheapest fixed is (see below)

I suggest you join, and as @chookey says you need to look at your heating/lighting mate.
Energy.JPG

There is no loyalty today with companies and I regularly change my power supply and have done for years using comparison websites and also joined the energy club when it first came out.
I also do the same with my car insurance and home insurance.
I used to change my mortgage as well when I had one.
Martin Lewis has saved me some cash over the years🤑

If you’ve got a spare ounce you can give me I’ll take one off your hands @Tamarc😉

Back