Sensible Topic Electricity usgae

I looked at martin lewis energy club...how much do they charge for finding u a cheaper deal? I just paid shell energy £268 for 5 weeks of gas and electric.. I got till may 2020 with them cos I'm on a fixed deal , if I leave early I pay £60 early exit fee..

I looked at martin lewis energy club...how much do they charge for finding u a cheaper deal? I just paid shell energy £268 for 5 weeks of gas and electric.. I got till may 2020 with them cos I'm on a fixed deal , if I leave early I pay £60 early exit fee..

The Energy club is free pal.

Yaaay....merry xmas lol...I cud save up £537 on my Bills..that's with a company called "peoples energy " anyone have experience with them? Seems good but is it?...less of a saving with more bigger suppliers.

Yaaay....merry xmas lol...I cud save up £537 on my Bills..that's with a company called "peoples energy " anyone have experience with them? Seems good but is it?...less of a saving with more bigger suppliers.

I have not been a customer of theirs and they are only a small company. I tend stay away from the smaller suppliers unless they have a large number of reviews and good feedback. Also try to go for a fixed term deal.

Fixed deal
Zero exit fee
If they are the cheapest what have you got to lose?

I always In addition to the energy club also use cash back sites and compare the rates myself , I have just moved to eon and there standing charge is only 6p per day down from 13p with shell.
if you are paying a high daily standing charge before you even use the energy you are losing before you start.
the days of nil standing charge are also long gone it seems.

i also take practical steps like using LED light bulbs but my best investment was the TADO heating, it has brilliant Geco Fencing so knows when I am away and automatically drops the heating until I am home / close to home.

my current estimate from Eon for gas and electric is £35 a month (two bed house, I live alone but do work from home 1 day a week and have to my children over every weekend playing consoles and charging phones).

report from Tado said it saved me 53% through turning off when I was away from home In November.

To get the most accurate prices it is best to know your usage per year for gas and electric in kilowatts.
Standing charge does come into play on the prices but it is also how much they charge you per kilowatt and this varies largely with different suppliers.
Standing charge prices and kilowatt prices are all used to calculate the prices on the Cheap energy website.
You can find your kilowatt usage on your bills as your supplier will give you this at the end of the year or at the end of your fixed term, to let you know how much you have used.
Also if you decide to leave your supplier midterm take into consideration the penalty charges for leaving if any and work out if it is actually worth leaving for the savings that you will gain including the penalty charges.

Back