Egypt trip

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys going Egypt, hurgadah next week.. shall I take uk pounds or exchange to Egyptian dollars here?
Ta
I have a revolut card but heard its not accepted much there..

I went many years ago and they usually accept gbp and usd

I used GDP but have not been for years tbh.

went there in May - take GBP! Also, be prepared to the "american style" tip policy if you're staying on a all inclusive. Not mandatory, and they don't make you feel awkward about it, but you'll notice the difference if you tip! Enjoy! it was awesome.

Whatever you decide to do, you MUST do the snorkelling trip and the desert quad ride. Great experiences.

Thank guys staying at titanic beach spa and aqua park all inclusive....just don't wanna tip in £ as smallest note is a £5😳

Thank guys staying at titanic beach spa and aqua park all inclusive....just don't wanna tip in £ as smallest note is a £5😳
Take some pounds coins with you or get some us dollars.

Take some pounds coins with you or get some us dollars.
Heard They don't like tips in £coins..apparently they csnt exchange them for other currency and if they can they don't get much for coins..🤔

I have to take some £ cos need to get visa at hurghada airport..and they accept euros , dollars and £s only in cash only..

went there in May - take GBP! Also, be prepared to the "american style" tip policy if you're staying on a all inclusive. Not mandatory, and they don't make you feel awkward about it, but you'll notice the difference if you tip! Enjoy! it was awesome.

Whatever you decide to do, you MUST do the snorkelling trip and the desert quad ride. Great experiences.
Who did you book the snorkeling and dessert quad bike with?

Been to Egypt twice to both sharm and luxor and if you intend to leave your complex get ready for tipping. Been a few years since we went but
Everything required baksheese (alms for needy). We used Egyption pounds but it's a dirty currency(grubby). They even took the toilet paper out of the toilets in the airport to get you to buy it outside the toilets.

Also do the coach/plane tours to the pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Cairo museum.

Who did you book the snorkeling and dessert quad bike with?
we did directly with TUI, they had an offer on at the time. But there are plenty of local "reps" that roam around the resort to get you to book directly with them. Some say they are just as good, some say they are not. it is a gamble I did not take I am afraid, so can't say how good or bad they are. They are pushy as hell though. I had to tell a couple of them to politely "f*** off". They soon understood.

both trips with TUI were sensational. Well organised and nice people leading it.

Snorkelling: We had 3 "stops" of about 30min each to have a guided snorkelling tour around the reefs. beautiful views and amazing water. Hire their own gear I think it was £10 for googles and flippers. The boat ride alone is worth the price!

Buggy/Quad rides: This was amazing. views are incredible. you have the choice of buggy for up to 4 people or a individual quad. We went for buggy as we were a family of 4. great fun! MUST have scarf to put around your head and face, which you can buy really cheap outside the hotel anywhere, and a pair of sunglasses you don't mind ruining, as it is pretty dusty, duh!

For both trips we paid a little extra to get the "professional" photos, I can't remember exactly but it wasn't an exaggerated amount. I would remember it! The main reason, was so we could keep our away from our phones by taking photos, and just enjoy the moment and let someone else take care of pictures. it was worth it. For both of these trips, for 2 of you I think you are looking at around £400 all in. including the pictures I think. I will post some pics....have a great time buddy.

Back