EFL to finish season

This is only currently for Championship and below.

CL and europa qualification for next years competition to go on "sporting merit" from this season.

Dutch league is cancelled. Now the French have followed suit.

German and Italians still not giving it up.

Dutch league is cancelled. Now the French have followed suit.

German and Italians still not giving it up.

I cannot see how they can cancel the league without making Liverpool champions. Looking at both the French and Dutch leagues, they could still be caught, so the title wasn't clearly decided. Dutch league had joint leaders, and French league PSG are 12 points ahead.

Liverpool are 25 ahead. Also they've only been cancelled as the government of the countries extended the ban until September. I'd also say that the money those leagues get from TV revenue is not going to be anywhere near what the PL gets.

I dont see the PL being cancelled, and bear in mind the SFL has already crowned Celtic champions, and relegated hearts, so there is another precedent set there.

@gasman - Your pants must be full of spunk with that proposed news for the cancellation of the league.

I cannot see how they can cancel the league without making Liverpool champions. Looking at both the French and Dutch leagues, they could still be caught, so the title wasn't clearly decided. Dutch league had joint leaders, and French league PSG are 12 points ahead.

Liverpool are 25 ahead. Also they've only been cancelled as the government of the countries extended the ban until September. I'd also say that the money those leagues get from TV revenue is not going to be anywhere near what the PL gets.

I dont see the PL being cancelled, and bear in mind the SFL has already crowned Celtic champions, and relegated hearts, so there is another precedent set there.

@gasman - Your pants must be full of spunk with that proposed news for the cancellation of the league.

Not yet mate, only the lower leagues have been confirmed, Hopefully the premiership will be called as soon as Rangers stop
their fannying about with the conspiracy theories and us Hibees can all have a good laugh at the hearts going down. ;)👍

So it's money over mortality rates?

Have you considered a career in politics?

So it's money over mortality rates?

Have you considered a career in politics?

Maybe read what I wrote, then come back with a decent reply.

I know specsavers is shut mate, but we can all chip in and get you some delivered if you need them ;)

Maybe read what I wrote, then come back with a decent reply.

I know specsavers is shut mate, but we can all chip in and get you some delivered if you need them ;)

Well just in case you forgot, you said this.

I'd also say that the money those leagues get from TV revenue is not going to be anywhere near what the PL gets.
Money should not be a consideration against this pandemic.

Also they've only been cancelled as the government of the countries extended the ban until September.

We are weeks behind these nations in terms of the peak of the pandemic. To host the games (even behind closed doors) means bringing a mass gathering together. Possibly film crews and commentators, ground staff and officials, the teams themselves and the coaches and a plethora of others behind the scenes. I can't see this being allowed in any sense for the foreseeable.

So what do you suggest? Crown some Champions that haven't mathematically earned it? Relegate teams who don't mathematically deserve it?

That's just madness. Even for a Liverpool fan masquerading as a Swansea fan 😂

Well just in case you forgot, you said this.

Money should not be a consideration against this pandemic.

We are weeks behind these nations in terms of the peak of the pandemic. To host the games (even behind closed doors) means bringing a mass gathering together. Possibly film crews and commentators, ground staff and officials, the teams themselves and the coaches and a plethora of others behind the scenes. I can't see this being allowed in any sense for the foreseeable.

So what do you suggest? Crown some Champions that haven't mathematically earned it? Relegate teams who don't mathematically deserve it?

That's just madness. Even for a Liverpool fan masquerading as a Swansea fan 😂

About time you wrote a decent response.

Im not saying money should come into it. Im merely pointing out that the PL makes vast amounts compared to those other leagues, and there are contracts in place for those revenue. So unfortunately money will come into it along the way. Why do you think the SFL is having issues? It's not just about Celtic being crowned, it always comes down too £.

I read somewhere that it was going to be both teams, and a handful of others to play the matches. In fairness, it's likely no less dangerous than going to Asda to pick up your food. Does that make it right? Of course not.

You're only pulling the maths card because you're a manc, and dont want liverpool to equal the record again. If it was Utd, you'd be shouting from the rooftops about the injustice of it all, and how you should be crowned. Don't even think about replying to say differently, as you will be telling porkie pies.

Easiest way to sort it, is to slam it all into a computer and let that work it out. Liverpool are champs, so that's the easy part, I agree the relegation is going to cause headaches, and again that will be partly because of £. These are businesses at the end of the day, us fans dont matter to them believe it or not. They care about making a profit, and they will lose a lot if they dont finish the season.

Also, in Europe the government has said they cannot play games until September at the earlier. UK government haven't made that statement yet, so you cannot compare them atm. In time yes, the UK government may decide that, but at present they haven't.

Liverpool are champions for me, regardless of who I support. As I am sure @miggy would agree, they've won the title, and deserve to be crowned champions.

they've won the title
No they haven't as Rafa would say, that's a fact.

Even if they are crowned Champions it would be a hollow title, after the performances from VAR that lead they have is vastly skewed. Even before the pandemic it was being labelled the "tainted title". They had just started to look like the side they are before all of this broke out. Ordinary.

If it was Utd, you'd be shouting from the rooftops about the injustice of it all
I wouldn't, I'd certainly be gutted but something like this goes beyond football and money. Before you start thinking for me, you should remember that Utd have won the premier league title 13 times in recent history. Our desperation to be crowned Champions is nothing like theirs, rather win it properly to be honest (whichever way this goes that can't happen now). The government has asked large parts of the country to stay at home on 80% pay, they've pulled all sports at a crippling cost, so you can safely say that money is secondary.

I read somewhere that it was going to be both teams, and a handful of others to play the matches. In fairness, it's likely no less dangerous than going to Asda to pick up your food.

It's a lot more dangerous to play a contact sport, man to man marking, leaping for a header, tackling, kicking off with the opposition. Spit and flem and germs being spread everywhere :oops: it's similar to our local Asda I suppose but not really the same levels of physical contact.

Scenario for you.
What if a member of your first team (Liverpool) tests positive for covid-19 after playing against several others in a matter of weeks. You could be looking at the entire Liverpool squad and several other teams being asked to self isolate or even having life threatening symptoms of cornaviru. Liverpool unable to complete matches could lose the lead and crown City champions.
Would that be fair?

You make some good valid points @gasman, but we both know you're full of sheet when it comes to the title. You'd be up in arms about it, ffs you get annoyed at the simplest of things when it comes to Utd.

I agree, whilst they haven't been crowned champions, they are champions elect. They're 25 points clear ffs! For anyone to catch them they'd have to lose all their remaining games, and City win all of them. It's just not going to happen, especially when they've still got Everton to play ;)

It's not a tainted title, and it wasn't before. Only people saying those things are people who are bitter. Same as when Utd were dominating things, scousers were bitter about it. That's the nature of the beast.

Time will tell, but I dont think it's as cut and dry as you're making out. Personally I think it will be finished. Liverpool will be crowned champions, cant say for the rest of the teams or what'll happen, I think we will know more within the next month though.

You make some good valid points @gasman, but we both know you're full of sheet when it comes to the title. You'd be up in arms about it, ffs you get annoyed at the simplest of things when it comes to Utd.

I agree, whilst they haven't been crowned champions, they are champions elect. They're 25 points clear ffs! For anyone to catch them they'd have to lose all their remaining games, and City win all of them. It's just not going to happen, especially when they've still got Everton to play ;)

It's not a tainted title, and it wasn't before. Only people saying those things are people who are bitter. Same as when Utd were dominating things, scousers were bitter about it. That's the nature of the beast.

Time will tell, but I dont think it's as cut and dry as you're making out. Personally I think it will be finished. Liverpool will be crowned champions, cant say for the rest of the teams or what'll happen, I think we will know more within the next month though.

Bitterness. Who gives a shit?
Yes I'll wee myself laughing if Liverpool get exactly what they deserve (fuckall) from this disaster of an already tainted season. But your hope it will be finished is flawed. It cannot be finished fairly. It's been fucking stopped, it's been fucking interrupted by mass death caused by a pandemic. FACT. Finishing it fairly, sorry man but that ship has sailed.

You have made a massive post with no answers to the post you're replying too. And made no coherent argument to any of the points, despite arguing against them all. Crazy

How do we crown champions and relegate/promote teams from this point?

Liverpool are not Champions. I remember UTD being champions elect just before Arsenal chased down a massive gap in a month or so..

Show me how this title is won fairly, without risk and without some sort of fucking fortune telling.

What do we do if a member of one team who has played against many others tests positive for Covid -19? According to .GOV
regulations, all people in contact or traced contract should self isolate for 14 days. How do we deem a fair end.

As you've failed to respond, what happens if the entire Liverpool squad have to isolate and thus surrender their lead and City finish with more points and thus crowned Champions. Would you be happy with the result of the season then?

Go.

Id love the footy back and Im sure it could be achieved keeping people safe but there is a risk. People in general are starting to get restless given the money the prem have Im sure it could come back without a massive impact on the virus,

That said (and Im sure gasman and any other Liverpool hater out there know it deep down) given the tally of points the mighty reds achieved before this 5hit happened it was in the bag and regardless if we play again this season or not we should be crowned champions (although it would be nicer to do it properly).

Also as an after thought - I cant see the situation being any safer next season (given its only Aug\Sep) than this the supporters wont be at the matches so how does it differ?

Back