EFL to finish season

Id love the footy back and Im sure it could be achieved keeping people safe but there is a risk. People in general are starting to get restless given the money the prem have Im sure it could come back without a massive impact on the virus,

That said (and Im sure gasman and any other Liverpool hater out there know it deep down) given the tally of points the mighty reds achieved before this 5hit happened it was in the bag and regardless if we play again this season or not we should be crowned champions (although it would be nicer to do it properly).

Also as an after thought - I cant see the situation being any safer next season (given its only Aug\Sep) than this the supporters wont be at the matches so how does it differ?

PSG have been awarded the title today, and Lorient the 2nd division title. I dont see any other result than liverpool being awarded the title, although in the record books it'll have an * next to it.

Gasman is as always trying to say he wouldn't care, and doesn't care, when we all know he'd be screaming blue/red murder if it was Utd in this situation. As a neutral IDGAF who wins the title, so give it to Liverpool as they deserve it, they were the best team in the league by far.

Waiting to see if they promote Leeds to the Prem, id of sooner won it on the pitch with a promotion party but its not going to happen. Even gifted we've been in the top 2 95% of the season had the more favorable fixtures and had winning momentum.

Still a very shite way of going up in my book.

French league have crowned PSG Champions.
Champions of a complete farce would be a fitting end to our league season tbf.

Waiting to see if they promote Leeds to the Prem, id of sooner won it on the pitch with a promotion party but its not going to happen. Even gifted we've been in the top 2 95% of the season had the more favorable fixtures and had winning momentum.

Still a very shite way of going up in my book.
This is very difficult. Leeds only top by a point, could easily end up in play off places. But they are there now on merit. Where it get's difficult is who goes down to accommodate the teams going up, this is where club finances have to be considered imo. Resuming
any of the league seasons now would be dangerous and most likely a farcical disaster.

This is very difficult. Leeds only top by a point, could easily end up in play off places. But they are there now on merit. Where it get's difficult is who goes down to accommodate the teams going up, this is where club finances have to be considered imo. Resuming
any of the league seasons now would be dangerous and most likely a farcical disaster.

7 points clear of 3rd with the more favorable fixtures only one of the top 6 to play where the others have more of the top 6 to play i believe we would of walked it and had momentum, yeah we could be caught so could Brom but i could not see it.

But if they can not finish the league it would be wrong to null and void it when so much has been invested in making the push, to punishing a winning team playing good football to allow the bottom of the prem to have another year. That would be wrong.

punishing a winning team playing good football to allow the bottom of the prem to have another year.
This is the bit that's tough.
Punishing the winning team or punishing the one who could still have survived. God knows how they can do it without being harsh to one of the parties involved.

The question is still on how they plan to run things next season given we will still be confined to the distancing measures and this thing will still be floating about.

Nobody's ask me for the answer but its been staring us in the face all along - Subbuteo!!

This is the bit that's tough.
Punishing the winning team or punishing the one who could still have survived. God knows how they can do it without being harsh to one of the parties involved.
What about a playoff between the bottom 2 Premiership, and top 2 Championship?

they should probably just allow any teams with games in hand to play those games so every team has played the same number of games then finish and award the places as it stands after that.

a lot of the players seem to spit all over the show. thats a habit you cant just stop that shit. they even spit the waater out they drink

If the prem season is finished without the ball being kicked then liverpool need crowing and the bottom 3 need to be relegated. Top 3 in championship need to up. Those relegated get parachute payments of millions and those who pushed the boat out to get promoted get there money as well.

i think youre right buddy just make sure every team in their league play the same number of games then call it. how would it be unfair or tainted in any way if they play the same number of games. that null and void nonsense from a week or so ago was bollocks

PSG have been awarded the title today
Lyon expected to make a challenge in the courts against the ruling. Total cluster fk
None of it works out fairly.

Season was cancelled without Champions or relegation last time we saw an event of this magnitude. The world war.

i think youre right buddy just make sure every team in their league play the same number of games then call it. how would it be unfair or tainted in any way if they play the same number of games. that null and void nonsense from a week or so ago was bollocks
Playing games from cold now wouldn’t be fair. You cant just pick up from months out of action and expect teams to hit the ground running. Especially when you’re proposing what is likely to be cup final type games.

Same with the play off situation. Top 2 against bottom 2. How could that be settled fairly? Teams would lack match fitness, wouldn’t be remotely close to the results you could expect under normal conditions.

Null and void is the only fair way to move on from this mess.

all the teams have been out of action the same length of time, that wouldnt be an unfair advantage to any of the teams. if the teams in each league all played the same number of games, however many it would be. there could be no shit talked about favouring this or that team or hateing another. except for those fans desperate to find any excuse except their team are rubbish atm.

all the teams have been out of action the same length of time, that wouldnt be an unfair advantage to any of the teams. if the teams in each league all played the same number of games, however many it would be. there could be no shit talked about favouring this or that team or hateing another. except for those fans desperate to find any excuse except their team are rubbish atm.
A team who is rubbish atm could come out and beat anyone, especially if a good team turns out without match fitness and performs dreadfully. All teams would be cold, making results hugely unpredictable.
You can’t decide a marathon 38 game season on some random cup final without any sort of match fitness.
We don’t even start a season without a pre-season, so why anyone would consider ending it with a set of teams that haven’t played a competitive game in months beggars belief.

ok, i think i get it now, where you are coming from on this, if i understand you right, youre saying that you believe it makes more sense to scrub everything after 30 matches, instead of allowing the no hoper losers to make up a game or 2 in hand, if they insist on doing that and then calling it when those games are played.

you dont think that for real though, because its a load of bollocks, it doesn't really make more sense in ur head, we both know that.

Back