Eduardo injury

Just watched it on mod and rewound it on v+. That was horrendous and doesnt look good. No wonder your pissed off Mickie. Im sure the guy didnt intend to injur the player to that extent. But i have to agree with you. You shouldnt go to ground and fly in with studs up. The fact that he was red carded meens he could be in further trouble from the law.
I still feel sick after watching that and i cant see how anyone could come back from an injury like that. It looked like his foot was almost detatched.

Just watched it on mod and rewound it on v+. That was horrendous and doesnt look good. No wonder your pissed off Mickie. Im sure the guy didnt intend to injur the player to that extent. But i have to agree with you. You shouldnt go to ground and fly in with studs up. The fact that he was red carded meens he could be in further trouble from the law.
I still feel sick after watching that and i cant see how anyone could come back from an injury like that. It looked like his foot was almost detatched.
I watched the replays too. I have to agree that he couldnt have acted maliciously or ben premeditated. becuase when he goes in for the challenge, his feet are low and then as he misses the ball his leg slides up.

i dont know what to make of it.

did anyone else see what i saw?

Eduardo done Taylor for pace and nicked the ball past him - whatever happened Taylor had his studs showing at a level above where the ball would have been even if he was quicker!! To my mind that makes it a premeditated attempt to stop Eduardo - maybe not break a leg but definately to foul him!!

Im diisgusted by all the nonsense being spouted by the so called experts on tv - be honest it was a terrible challenge and if there is any justice taylor should be banned for as long as Eduardo is out??

Ive been reading blogs for a couple of hours and although most good natured fans from all teams have made heartfelt gestures some arseholes have laughed and bitched about the incident - in fact I would go as far as to say most of the bad comments have come from Manx.

Remember only a couple of weeks ago how the football community rallied round for the anniversary of Munich and how the silence was observed perfectly?/ You Manx would do well to remember that its only by the grace of the footballing gods that it wasnt your Ronaldo or Rooney today because as sure as eggs is eggs Taylor would have made that same crude tackle on whoever was that bit quicker than him today??

In conclusion - Im gutted for the lad - people think the life of a pro footballer is all glamour and cash but this boy was plucked from Brazil at 15 and sent to Croatia - despite all this he has made a success of it and has earned his place at Arsenal in one of the best leagues in the World and at 24 has been away from his friends and familly back home - his culture - his language - and now he lies in a hospital bed not knowing what will become of his career and how it will affect his whole life!!!!

I wish him a good recovery and hope he gets back to his best!!

various arsenal players go out to injure opponents , eboue is a dirty player who intentionally goes out to cripple players, i seen henry go flying in with two footed tackle groin high

i am blues fans and it was sad what happened to eduardo, tiny taylor is a big wimp and hasn't a bad bone in his body

end of the day it has happened, just move on and lets hope the player makes a full recovery

wenger's comments were disgusting, tiny taylor went to the hospital after the game to be with him whilst your own players went back to london, ther eis an online petition wanting taylor banned along with death threats

arsene wenger's conduct was disgusting and so was gallas

i have seen blues players finish their careers as a result of bad tackles but i never have seen a manager get so emotional and bitter about it

what makes your players so much more special than any other club, i am sorry but the gunners should feel embarrassed with the way they handled themselves on a football pitch, when i lose a loved one and have to go to work i dont start screaming and throwing my toys out of a pram, footballers have to keep it together for 90 mins BIG DEAL !

Last edited:
i have seen blues players finish their careers as a result of bad tackles but i never have seen a manager get so emotional and bitter about it

what makes your players so much more special than any other club, i am sorry but the gunners should feel embarrassed with the way they handled themselves on a football pitch, when i lose a loved one and have to go to work i dont start screaming and throwing my toys out of a pram, footballers have to keep it together for 90 mins BIG DEAL !

well eduardo wont be keeping it together pal because half of it is still somewhere on your pitch!

i was actually reading your post and thinking maybe it was harsh been that kinda day cant get the tackle out of my head and thinking why do we deserve such luck ???

but then you posted the last bit about wenger getting emotional about his player... he has already appologised for his comments on taylor and sorry he is human he works day in and day out with these players they are like family to him and he should and will be excused for saying what he said.

gallas was fucked off with the penalty and i have not mentioned that yet lol

Death threats is just stupid and probably from school kid fans

but you was right about eboue he is a dirty little **** of a player and his tackle on terry was shocking and should not be playing!

i wont comment on the dead people part as i was not sure what bearing it had on this post but ill leave that with you m8

bad day for football m8 but emotions run way too high

just wish footballers and managers would be less impulsive

Ive been reading blogs for a couple of hours and although most good natured fans from all teams have made heartfelt gestures some arseholes have laughed and bitched about the incident - in fact I would go as far as to say most of the bad comments have come from Manx.

Remember only a couple of weeks ago how the football community rallied round for the anniversary of Munich and how the silence was observed perfectly?/ You Manx would do well to remember that its only by the grace of the footballing gods that it wasnt your Ronaldo or Rooney today because as sure as eggs is eggs Taylor would have made that same crude tackle on whoever was that bit quicker than him today??
QUOTE]

1st off id like to wish your guy well it was a nasty injury to say the least.i hope he 1st and foremost can recover enough to live a normal life with 2 working legs,and secondley we see him play football at top level again.

i can 100% forgive wenger and his comments on taylor also wether they was right or wrong, any other respone for me would lead me to think the wrong guy was leading your team... so what if it upset a few just shows hes ahuman with a heart.

i just seen the replay 1 time on match of the day and from what i saw it didnt look premeditated or malicios but it only shown it once and to be honest id be happy to never see it again in my life the poor lad......

the comments above i feel are a little silly and i would love to know how you can come to that conclusion. i was in newcastle today watching man u and didnt hear 1 bad or hate felt word towards the lad from man u or newcastle just heart felt sympothy, i do aggree that there are always a minority FROM ALL CLUBS that sicken me with some comments they make,

i also saw tackles that where not very nice last week against arsenal at old trafford made by certain arsenal players.aswell as plenty of your fans really respecting munich distaster as they made there aeroplane sighns.

as for the way gallas reacted i think it should be quite simply overlooked and forgotten about same as wenger above hes just acting like a human just probley overwhelmed by the occasion.

in conclusion get well eduardo good luck in your recovery and good luck arsenal hope it doesnt stop them playing the way they do.

Missed the game today, but after seeing both image and footage I am disgusted with what happened. I wish him a speedy recovery and for taylor hope he dosen't play again the dirty fecker.
Not our luck.

I got in the pub after the tackle so didn't see what happened but I'm sure at half time in the studio David Platt said his initial thought was that it didn't even look like a yellow card offense

@ madmanc - My comments were merely in respect of what I saw all over blogs about the incident - For every 3 nice comments from fans wishing Eduardo well there was always one laughing and they were nearly all signed off by ManU this and Manu that!!

Its not scientific just an observation! And I know its just a small minority !!

mickie d i cant help feel if it was any other member carrying on the way you are they would have been banned by now go easy fella,i know its a player from you team

but the chaps get paid stupid amounts of money to play and therefore they accept the risks involved--why dont people wait to see what eduardo has to say about it

its well known arsanal arent keen on the physical side of the game,but they have had there fair share of bruisers-im not an aresenal fan but ive always respected them as a team id hate to see the(arsenal)fans going down the same road as most of the manu fans blaming everything but themselfs for pretty much everything that goes against them

as for the tackle,looked mistimed to me but i dont know what was in taylors head at the time so who can say for sure--end of the day even if he never plays again at least he has the funds to look after himself and his family

your right violentj i do what i like

nothing more i can say pal ;)

just watching the incident again..
it made my ankle tingle..

its a bit blow for Eduardo.. and like i said b4 i hope he gets fits for next season..

is there any new news on him??

I would take these comments that only a 3 match ban should be meted out if Ferguson did not spend the whole week saying 3 Arsenal players should have been sent off and have a number of posters trumpet those same remarks. If Ferguson had a player's leg broken like this, he would say the same thing Wenger did and the whole nation would be unanimous in Taylor getting a lifetime ban.

Furthermore, Taylor's actions after the incident speak volumes. He acted with no concern for Eduardo and behaving like a boy who was getting unfairly punished. He had just broken his leg, he had to have known it at the second it happened and instead of calling over to the sidelines to get help quickly on the field, he gets up and trots off like nothing happened. Then he complains to Dean that he is getting sent off to boot. His last act on the field was to take the posture of the unfair victim in all of this. While Taylor would love to claim to be a softy, the reality is that he came one of the most notoriously brutal clubs in English football, Blackburn. What an education he must have received there.

And it appears that is where this is now. Taylor is the victim. Taylor is just a big gentle softy. All this crap just makes me sick. Meanwhile Eduardo is lucky that the he did not have his foot amputated today. And I mean that in all total seriousness, not hyperbole.

I have said this before and I will say it now and here also, there is another more significant reason that this needs to be punished harshly. And that is that if it is not, it hurts the image of English football around the world. A game already with a reputation of being overly physical, now gets the brutal side exposed. Football fans around the world are looking at this horrified and expecting action. Also, star talents are thinking about their futures and thinking what if. Should I go to England have to play 28 out of 38 games against these types of players? If this was just exceptional circumstances, then clearly the FA needs to take exceptional action.

BTW - this whole talk about "malice" or not is irrelevant. It is funny to me however that an Eboue or Mikel always get assumed to be acting in malice while this jolly Englisman gets the benefit of the doubt. But that is a discussion for another day. The point here is that malice or not, he was engaged in a dangerous tackle that he should know by now that the FA are taking strong actions against those sorts of tackles this year and he did it anyways. We all now see why the FA are taking strong action against these sorts of challenges now but he has known this all season and knew it as he was doing it and decided to disregard the health and well being of Eduardo in doing so. Malice is not the test here and in any event it is impossible to prove. Which is why everyone is jumping on that bandwago. Willfull negligence is really the test here and it is clear to me that that he acted in a manner that is extremely willfully negligent of Eduardo's safety and of others and his actions after the tackle show a player completely remorseless about his actions, even if it was an "accident" as they are claiming.

If the FA are going to show that they are actually serious about their policy, they are going to have to give this guy a substantial penalty.

update....

Manager Arsène Wenger revealed more details of the break, saying that Eduardo suffered multiple breaks on the same leg.

Wenger said: "The minimum is that Eduardo's season is over and we are scared that it is much worse.

"The first diagnosis is very, very bad. He appears to have broken his shin, fibula and ankle."

The Arsenal manager also called on for Martin Taylor to be banned for life from the game.

One of the ambulance technicians who was involved with the aftermath of the injury, also expressed his thoughts on the incident.

Keith Bringley said: "When they got the sock off, it was clear that he had an open fracture. His bone was sticking through the skin and his leg was in an 'L' shape.

"It had looked like a straightforward break but he was in too much pain for an ordinary break.

"We administered a painkiller and they had to get a translator out on to the pitch because the lad doesn't speak English.

"We put a vacuum splint on it to immobilise him and gave him oxygen once he was on the stretcher.

"We knew it was serious because he went straight by ambulance to the Selly Oak trauma unit while normal football injuries go from here to Heartlands Hospital in Birmingham."

Sky match director Grant Best, who made the decision not to show a replay of the injury to viewers, said: "The reaction of Cesc Fabregas told me it was a bad injury so I quickly looked at the replay.

"That told me it was a very bad injury and we weren't going to show it. It looked like his foot was hanging from his leg.

"It is the most horrific injury I have seen in 13 years of working in football and it reminded me immediately of David Busst's injury."

David Busst was a Coventry City defender who suffered a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula in a collision with Manchester United defender Denis Irwin during a match at Old Trafford in April 1996.

The leg break was so bad that the bone pierced the skin and Busst's blood had to be cleared from the pitch.

He never played professionally again. United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel, who witnessed the injury, required counselling afterwards.

Our thoughts are with Eduardo and his family. We wish you a speedy recovery.

it was bound to happen hasnt happened for ages, players everyweek go in for tackles like this everyweek, refs have tried to stamp down recently, fast feet and strong challenge

poor eduardo been enjoying watching him recently, hope the lad recovers

arsen said guy shouldnt play footie again what a numpty, his players dont do things like that do they, how many red cards his team had , and mcleish saying wasnt much contact ffs if thats not much contact

Tackles are part of football, without them the game would be more boring, players know the risks involved before they go onto the park and in my opinion the player involved has been punished with a red card so that should be the end of it. It was a bad challenge but its not like he set out to snap his leg in half.

And before anyone says i'm anti Arsenal i don't mind them. I don't suppost any English team so i'm a complete neutral.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-gift-for-crocked-dean-holden-86908-20303145/

Falkirk player dean Holden suffered exactly the same challenge earlier in the season and none of thus fuss was caused, as you can see from the link they sorted it out like men, none of this pish.

Edit: Having just read the falkirk article again Holden broke his Tibula and Fibula so was ALOT worse then Eduardo's. McManus didn't even get a yellow card and nothing like this has been said.

Last edited:
Tackles are part of football, without them the game would be more boring, players know the risks involved before they go onto the park and in my opinion the player involved has been punished with a red card so that should be the end of it. It was a bad challenge but its not like he set out to snap his leg in half.

And before anyone says i'm anti Arsenal i don't mind them. I don't suppost any English team so i'm a complete neutral.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-gift-for-crocked-dean-holden-86908-20303145/

Falkirk player dean Holden suffered exactly the same challenge earlier in the season and none of thus fuss was caused, as you can see from the link they sorted it out like men, none of this pish.

Edit: Having just read the falkirk article again Holden broke his Tibula and Fibula so was ALOT worse then Eduardo's. McManus didn't even get a yellow card and nothing like this has been said.

Just read the report m8 and the cruicial difernce was that mcmanus did not go in studs up over the ball m8.

These tackles are dangerous even if not 2 footed and coaches and managers need to get them out of the game.
Its a fact that a manager will tell his defenders to get in hard first tackle to let the attacker know you are there. No one likes to see injuries on the feild but there are certain things that can be done to avoid them.

Last edited:
Back