Eduardo injury

i am an electrician pal whats your point???

its not about wengers vision im sure he has a video replay to see his leg snap in half!!!

of course i am more objective because its our player im a arsenal fan

i bet your less objective because your a liverpool fan and it was not one of yours we all have answers to each others questions but the point is still that teams set out to kick us and play a well over the top physical game against us and telling wenger he should not be upset is just bullshit!

No your wrong. All top teams get kicked from pillar to post. It's a mans game and physical. Tackles go in from time to time that do damage. Sometimes unfortunately there are some with intent like Keanes tackle. Then there are others where the player genuinly goes for the ball and gets the man instead. I see bad challenges week in week out when watching Liverpool and occasionally i see a tackle when you know getting the ball is not on the players mind. 99.9% of the time no one is injured. This i believe was a genuine honest mistimed tackle.

gutted for you mickie . I can see your well upset and who wouldnt be ? l
Hope the lad does play again, he is a talented footballer and deserves better than to be finished playing at 25.
Agree with you on the wenger interview after the match, knowing wenger he has tried to console the lad before he was taken to hospital and has seen how bad a shape he's in. He's bound to be steaming, he's only human.

no we are not allowed to moan about it m8

its clear its a mans game and leg breaking tackles are part of it :(, well im sorry if you goto ground and miss the ball and rip a players leg in half its ok because the lad is a nice fella and never had a bad bone in his body its a shame now eduardo has a bad bone and whats left of his leg we have to repair

i dont give a fook if it was miss timed challange you never goto ground unless you are sure you will win the ball your weight alone will crush a leg as we have seen

i never played football (apart from in the park) but i know all defenders try never to goto ground unless they know they will win the ball and if you goto ground and you miss the ball how can you say im sorry it was a miss timed tackle FFS.

who cares its only arsenal muppets moaning again about the physical side of football....

BUT we all know that it is common knowledge that if you stick the tackles in arsenal dont like it up them and i have never EVER heard in my unworthy knowledge of the game that man u and chelski and liverpool have had the same said about them

maybe its my only arsenal wearing shirt i have on again and missed it like wenger but i know what i think if this piece of shite and i wont change my opinion on dan fucking smith either because i dont like my team being hurt and injured SIMPLE!

EDIT and just think i have not even started about the bloody fucking penalty

The ref must of seen it as a dangerous tackle as he sent him off, broken leg or not if the ref didn't think he meant it he would of got a yellow card, I've just been watching the replay over and over and for me it looked like Taylor intended to stop Eduardo one way or another (and I did play football ;)) and for those who say yeah but he never meant to break he's leg thats like saying "Yes officer he stabbed him but he never meant to kill him" the end result is the same

Ok just watched it again an MOTD. No protests from Arsenal players and a delayed reaction from the ref.I stick with my initial thoughts , it was not malicious.

you do not send off a player if you think he never ment it you give him a yellow for a bad tackle the ref sent him off because he believed it was a nasty tackle and dangerous

he has no excuse!

Ok just watched it again an MOTD. No protests from Arsenal players and a delayed reaction from the ref.I stick with my initial thoughts , it was not malicious.

well i hope you enjoyed it. your obviously a football fan.

Just found this video and in one of the stills you can see his socks ripped :FRIGHT:
Heres the link looks like a rare one so get a look before its taken down if you didnt see it. Hope he gets well though and can play again its not nice to see a player in agony like that.

Last edited:
you do not send off a player if you think he never ment it you give him a yellow for a bad tackle the ref sent him off because he believed it was a nasty tackle and dangerous

he has no excuse!

I think the ref saw the badly broken leg and that prompted him to show the red. If he saw a bad tackle , why wait 10 seconds or so to give a red. How many times have you seen a red given straight away for a bad tackle or what looked a bad tackle

thats your opinion pal and i cannot be arsed to argue with you about it because your such a football guy!

one day it will be one of your players and we will see what you think about it then

it was a stupid tackle and i have said now nearly 5 times you never goto ground unless you are sure you will win the ball and if you do goto ground and miss the ball then break a players leg you in my opinion do not have a argument and should be banned from playing until the player recovers (IF)

**** it!

poor poor eduardo. man that is such a sad thing to see. i cant begin to imagine what he is going through. my thoughts are with the guy, hope he recovers and can play football again :(

I think the ref saw the badly broken leg and that prompted him to show the red. If he saw a bad tackle , why wait 10 seconds or so to give a red. How many times have you seen a red given straight away for a bad tackle or what looked a bad tackle
just my two cents mate, you dont have to try too ahrd to imagine what force the challenge must have been to cause a sort of injury like that. it was a straightforward decision for the ref.

Petr Cech nearly died from he's head injury caused by Stephen Hunt ! Hunt never even got a yellow card as the referee deemed it an accident

thats your opinion pal and i cannot be arsed to argue with you about it because your such a football guy!

one day it will be one of your players and we will see what you think about it then

it was a stupid tackle and i have said now nearly 5 times you never goto ground unless you are sure you will win the ball and if you do goto ground and miss the ball then break a players leg you in my opinion do not have a argument and should be banned from playing until the player recovers (IF)

**** it!

Like i said your frustrated. Even Wenger said he was OTT with his comments and retracted what he said, Does that tell you anything ? Yea i am a football guy , and it's a debate. If you feel it's an argument ,and you dont like other peoples opinions and can't be arsed arguing, then don't.

Let me first say im not trying to justify what happend today, because it cant be justified, but these sort of tackles happen quite regular (Thankfully not with such terrible results), but arsenal players can also be accused of making going to ground tackles with no chance of winning the ball, Look at last week when playing Man U. after Nani had took the piss a bit playing keepy ups , 2 arsenal players tried to take him out including a sliding tackle that if Nani had not jumped out of the way off could have been nasty

Like i said your frustrated. Even Wenger said he was OTT with his comments and retracted what he said, Does that tell you anything ? Yea i am a football guy , and it's a debate. If you feel it's an argument ,and you dont like other peoples opinions and can't be arsed arguing, then don't.

i just think its a bullshit opinion pal because you don't like arsenal

and if your team would of been on the end of the tackle i know 100% your stance would be different.

but thats my opinion and if you dont like it you can **** off :)

im sorry but thats that!

i just think its a bullshit opinion pal because you don't like arsenal

and if your team would of been on the end of the tackle i know 100% your stance would be different.

but thats my opinion and if you dont like it you can **** off :)

im sorry but thats that!

Thats bullshit if ever ive smelled it. I am actually a big fan of Arsenals football and have been since Wenger took over and you lost the borin borin Arsenal tag. I love Liverpool first and foremost but i'm also a football fan.

and a prick!

I thought about posting earlier when i got in from work...Mrs had taped game for me so decided to watch first you could see that it severely effected the players...i decided not to as i could see mickie d is/was fired up enough for all the gooners on here :) .

i suspect in the cold light of day when the fa look at it as i am sure they will, they will ban taylor for 3 more matches, as others have said i am sure he wanted to stop Eduardo getting past him not brake his leg this doesn't of course excuse the fact that he did.

From the Arsenal.com web site 23:00

Wenger - My comments on Taylor were 'excessive'

By Richard Clarke

Arsène Wenger admits his made some "excessive" comments about Martin Taylor following Saturday's game.

Passions were running high during the Arsenal manager's post-match press conference after a game in which Eduardo sustained a broken leg from the Birmingham defender's challenge and the visitors left three points slip in the final seconds due to a debatable penalty.

Wenger was strident in his view on Taylor's tackle but later he re-assessed his own viewpoint.

“It was a highly emotional afternoon and we were all shocked by the injury to Eduardo," he said. "On reflection, I feel that my comments about Martin Taylor were excessive. I said what I did immediately after the game, in the heat of the moment.”

Update: Eduardo undergoes surgery

Eduardo underwent surgery in hospital on Saturday and is currently resting.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club would like to wish him a speedy recovery

[ Saturday, February 23, 2008]

from me to !!!!

there is a statement on the bcfc web site but i couldn't be arsed to quote it here because it looks a bit tame and not really meant.

as mickie d said in one of his posts we have loaned players to brum over the last few years and it did help them get into the prem, i think the relationship was with bruce i cant see arsene sending any more young lads there now.

Back