ECM WARNING - Ambit 250 modems - Remote brickage!

ive had 2 family members go off and mine is ok serves me right for forgetting to change passy when i done em but hopefully there will be a fix soon 2 have been hit 1 downloads alot the other just plays online poker so it cant be to do with how much you are using but just the password prob

The person that just plays the online poker could also be seen as huge downloader due to the fact that at least one other person is using that mac. If any of the users using that mac flags vm as a heavy downloader then they will be targeted!

hi hideki, wasnt trying to upset you ( and i dont think you were) my main point was that witchy is a very respected member and when you have been playing this game for a while you realised that the opinions of those established are often better than your own. on another note i hadnt seen the post by iamhim- seemingly comfirming your theory, imh is another member for whom i have the utmost respect, my opinion is now swaying...

great

i dont know i got a few more with family i dont think i changed passy on have they been hitting em at random times coz my cousin lent my uncle one after his had gone off he hadnt used it for ages and that never got shut off and was using the default is it times or are they doing em constant i also think the serial number is a huge fact in finding the modems as they all have same number they show up easy compared to the subbed as the cm is before the number plus is unmatched to the mac

hah reflash should sort that out

What makes you sure of that ?....his ears pricked up like a little dog when i told him...guess whos gonna try it for him ;)

Hi, do you know if he had default telnet uid and pass? Was the serial number default as well?

Yes was default and he said he never changed the serial so must be the same as it always was.

What makes you sure of that ?....his ears pricked up like a little dog when i told him...guess whos gonna try it for him ;)
ahh give him a blackcat lead and the tut!!! if the header is still in ther he cant really go wrong if he follow the tut

Hihi
hi hideki, wasnt trying to upset you ( and i dont think you were) my main point was that witchy is a very respected member and when you have been playing this game for a while you realised that the opinions of those established are often better than your own. on another note i hadnt seen the post by iamhim- seemingly comfirming your theory, imh is another member for whom i have the utmost respect, my opinion is now swaying...
Ahh, life is too short to argue over such things anyway

I don't post unsubstantiated statements though, I've been programming for 25 years (started with a 1K ZX81 when I was 7) and I just got a bit annoyed that I was being accused of scaremongering, particularly when there's been confirmation of my observations from a number of sources now.

Had I not posted, it's possible quite a few more modems would now be holding doors open, under the circumstances I still maintain it was the right thing to do.

Working on 0.98 as we speak anyway, lol, I have fixes for every ecm related thing I can think of now so it's just a case of doing it (telnet login, weblogin, snmp, serial, telnet server) so expect a virgin resistant tool shortly, lol

Hihi
I don't post unsubstantiated statements though, I've been programming for 25 years (started with a 1K ZX81 when I was 7) and I just got a bit annoyed that I was being accused of scaremongering, particularly when there's been confirmation of my observations from a number of sources now.
Had I not posted, it's possible quite a few more modems would now be holding doors open, under the circumstances I still maintain it was the right thing to do.
Working on 0.98 as we speak anyway, lol, I have fixes for every ecm related thing I can think of now so it's just a case of doing it (telnet login, weblogin, snmp, serial, telnet server) so expect a virgin resistant tool shortly, lol

thats the spirit!!, This is what DW is all about. Virgin may have won the battle but the war isnt over. Make sure its so resistant that they can feel it up their asses. LOL.

i could tell people how to do major damage to there telephone exchange and then they will have to replace the lot however they should feel the same as us then if we started hitting areas and its easy as anything dont even have to do anything really anyone wanna know message me

Hihi

well done for your hard work
i am sure you will do a great job of ambit.tool 0.98
its people like you keep the site going

he is a great member of the site and a credit to any cable site however its just a shame that people are copyinghis work and trying to make bad things look good when he has put a lot of effort in and have been chatting with him aswell and is a great member many thanx mr d

Hihi

looking forward to is as iv done alot of 250 for family and frinds and dont fancy doing all manualy

Last edited:
he is a great member of the site and a credit to any cable site however its just a shame that people are copyinghis work and trying to make bad things look good when he has put a lot of effort in and have been chatting with him aswell and is a great member many thanx mr d

sounds intrestresting :D

Can confirm that I did a modem for a mate ac couple of months ago and changed the username & password ONLY (no change to serial) and ihe just called to say its still going strong.
I had one going with default, (and another mates) which were both bricked, but sice then been using another 250 with the User/pass changed (not serial number) and that's going strong as well.

So I conclude that only the Username & password needs changing and its nothing to do with serial number.

Leicester

Hihi

Lol, which is what I said from the start

The serial number change can stop them /detecting/ the modem as hacked (well, it won't stop them completely, you have to change some other things too)

The login/pass change will stop them /bricking/ the modem

@Hideki

when canging the serial do we leave in cm in

Mac Addy

I recently tried to connect my modem and found the Mac address had been wiped out, I changed the Mac address and away it went

Dont know is this was a VM ecm?

Rob

My modem still went off with the userid/passy changed, i can still communicate with the modem but it takes an age to load any web content, so the mac addys is still valid but being strangled, but if i use my subbed mac addy in the cloned modem it works fine, so i am guessing there doing some sort of changes to the mac addresses as well..strange

Hihi
Lol, which is what I said from the start
The serial number change can stop them /detecting/ the modem as hacked (well, it won't stop them completely, you have to change some other things too)
The login/pass change will stop them /bricking/ the modem

Hihi

You can still communicate with it

Hence it is not bricked, hence the user/pass chagne worked.

Why do they work really fast then after a short period of time, suddenly go really slow e.g. google taking 3 min to load, everythin else 20-30 min lol

Back