ECM WARNING - Ambit 250 modems - Remote brickage!

ok all is not lost for me cuz ive still got another 200 lying about with a sigma x 1.06 firmware, but i need ur advice on what to do from here.

.....Is yours behind a router?

like I said before .. I run 2 PC's

My PC with Router attached, modem worked fine after reboot

My PC with no router, modem fried

The router will make no difference whatsoever !

The modem is connected directly to the cable (WAN side). The router is then connected to the modem (on the LAN side).

Well ECM has just hit my mates modem....He just called to say it can't get an IP address....Obviously I can't get around there now but from what he says would you say the modem is dead or just needs a new mac??

Last edited by a moderator:
my mates got hit last nite so i've asked a few people who i know has them and they been hit as well and cant telnet into them either so must be dead middlesbrough area btw

is there another attack on ,,5100 been going nuts the last 20 mins,,dissconeceting all the time

man now i know why my 200 went of, its because i restored my settings to default which made my telnet user and pass restore aswell. (i thought the settings were the problem when it stopped working)
a warning to 200 users when using telnet, dissconnect the cable feed first and after disable telnet and connect it afterwards. also change ur user and pass of telnet if ur using sigma x2 firmware (hxxp://192.168.100.1:1337)

Hi...think i got a confirmed hit on an sb5101e with fercsas mod 10.2 infinite firmware....it is in leeds and ex cable and wirelss...he said the standby light is flashing on and off slowly and cant telnet....looks like its been shagged to me.

Hi...think i got a confirmed hit on an sb5101e with fercsas mod 10.2 infinite firmware....it is in leeds and ex cable and wirelss...he said the standby light is flashing on and off slowly and cant telnet....looks like its been shagged to me.

Thats happend in sunderland aswell (ex C&W)

hah reflash should sort that out

Theresertanly seem to betrying hard this time. NOT had any reports yet of any modems in bedfordshire going off

Iv got a pirle of 200 and 250 here but kept em off line

My two 4100`s that i normaly use are still got strong with a hitch

Hi, do you know if he had default telnet uid and pass? Was the serial number default as well?

The router will make no difference whatsoever !
The modem is connected directly to the cable (WAN side). The router is then connected to the modem (on the LAN side).
See what your saying nozzer.. strange why one was hit (without router) and one was not ( got to be mac address then for me)

Last edited:
Theresertanly seem to betrying hard this time. NOT had any reports yet of any modems in bedfordshire going off

Iv got a pirle of 200 and 250 here but kept em off line

My two 4100`s that i normaly use are still got strong with a hitch

yes, they are going off in luton area. i even had one go off in front of my eyes.

strange one some 200s with sigmax2 seem to be staying on some are going off,its all over the place at the moment is an area thing,a firmware thing.things need to calm down and to piece the puzzle together.

yes, they are going off in luton area. i even had one go off in front of my eyes.

yes agreed had an unconfirmed report from luton from a freind a few mins a go cant confirm
it to I look at it but it sounds lit its bricked

phone afew other and there still on so advised them to pull the plug for now.

is it confirmed that reprograming the tos with a clean dump defernatly work.
IE is it worth byeing a programer

4100`still ok here in luton

Back