EBAY PROBLEM!!! YOUR views and Ideas HERE!

johnbhoy said:
Whilst i do very much appreciate the hard work people like liam, cydine, gav etc etc do in providing these tuts and images etc. i really find it a bit ironic that people are getting irked about them ripping off their tuts.etc. Imagine what the cable coys must be thinking. They invest thousands/millions of pounds in their product and we rip them off quite happily and hold the people that make it possible in a very high regard.

I know the problem is more the fact they are making money out of something that is free here, but if people are daft enough to buy it..... Or maybe just happy enough to pay for it as they want to get started somehow, then let them.

Definitely think a naming and shaming on sites like this is the only thing you can do. You aint gonna help someone thats making money off of you.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

i think if these people buying it knew that they can get support and be part of a community for free they would go for that rather than buy it

it would be silly but if these sellers say heres the link for all you need for free or buy a cd from me for a £5 what would the buyers do

cheers

it was childish but im sure the fookwits who copy only copy cause they neither have the knowledge themselve or the know how. Whilst i believe this to be a fact Im sure they would have latched on to this forum and have happened to read this thread. I was more than likely 96% right in my guess that they would have read the threat and would have soaked it up, thus if for one second they inturn shit theyre pants then at least they may have had some punishment for theyre crime. Because it looks like dumb ass fooks who spread the info obviously own the dox and are now trully putting it in the spotlight for the n*l guys to try and get a work around. thus making the life span of the box shorter than it could have been.

Because it looks like dumb ass fooks who spread the info obviously own the dox and are now trully putting it in the spotlight for the n*l guys to try and get a work around. thus making the life span of the box shorter than it could have been.

This has been bothering me for a while. I think it is better to stay "under the radar" and not publicise forums like this too widely (I would class ebay as "too wide" for publicity). If we attract too much attention, we could be on a slippery slope.

Under the radar is a difficult trick to pull, but as long we all keep it free, we have to just deal with the fact that others are trying to scam and make money. Those people will eventually attract the attention of the cable co's and their auctions will be shutdown. We don't want to put ourselves in that position.

Basically, I'm trying to say I don't think we should be trying to sell anything on ebay and I don't think we should be advertising this forum too widely. Slow, word-of-mouth growth is definately the way to go. The majority will be able to benefit from the community and the free help.

abaddon.

If mods or admins want I can burn Adobe Acrobat professional PDF writer and post it to them or they can come and pick it up from me. liamcrayden lives near by me so would be helpful it he can pick up.

Yes this is a problem but unfortunatly this is the power of the internet and freedom of information. The people who sell other peoples work are scum in my opinion as they do little or nothing to contribute to information themselves.

cheecs, there numerous tools to break the security on PDF documents so whats the point.

I guess this ebay thing really highlights the phrase "there's no honour amongst thieves"

Last edited:
abaddon said:
This has been bothering me for a while. I think it is better to stay "under the radar" and not publicise forums like this too widely (I would class ebay as "too wide" for publicity). If we attract too much attention, we could be on a slippery slope.

Under the radar is a difficult trick to pull, but as long we all keep it free, we have to just deal with the fact that others are trying to scam and make money. Those people will eventually attract the attention of the cable co's and their auctions will be shutdown. We don't want to put ourselves in that position.

Basically, I'm trying to say I don't think we should be trying to sell anything on ebay and I don't think we should be advertising this forum too widely. Slow, word-of-mouth growth is definately the way to go. The majority will be able to benefit from the community and the free help.

abaddon.

Good points,i think it would be detrimental to the site if we 'highlight ourselves'
back to the topic though don't think you can do anything to stop it,only by reporting auctions to e-bay?

I think a bit of vigilance can work. Surely mailing ebay when you see one and reporting the item as something that can be freely obtained, and that it is probably not the persons work. Although ebay take no responsability they dont like trade on their site to be dodgey as it gives them a bad rep.

But then of course if the people who made the files and techniques arent particularly bothered then leave it, because all though they are making a quick buck, the people who are being ripped are the lazy ones (as mentioned) who wouldnt be paying up if they took the time to look for their solution.

Just had a look at one of these sellers on the bay, clicked on his purchases and he has sold 12 copies!!!!, he states in his add that you can spend hours on the net only to find no one to help you with your dbox !!!!
Just a thought but when you click on purchases you can then click on the buyer and send him a message to tell him about dw, wont help him cause he as allready bought it, but might prompt him to leave bad feedback for the seller and if a few do that then maybe no one will buy from them because of neg feedback, and may help spred the word about dw so less ppl will have to buy from them.

My idea was for someone from this place to put together a cd & make it the cheapest one on ebay & put the profits towards the running of this place, & make the cd known to be coming from here, with links etc on the cd, that would help slow the sellers on ebay, but nothing will ever get rid of them alltogether.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure we should be attracting the attention - i'd rather the cc,s were looking at the idiots on ebay then in the direction of this forum

yossarian31 said:
My idea was for someone from this place to put together a cd & make it the cheapest one on ebay & put the profits towards the running of this place, & make the cd known to be coming from here, with links etc on the cd, that would help slow the sellers on ebay, but nothing will ever get rid of them alltogether.

thats a nice idea but that would be making a profit and be highly illegal and we offer infomation for free and DW making money from this is the same as a trader... if someone makes a donation or becomes subscribed (donated gif) then thats up to them and not forced we stay on the net because we have a very large loyal fan base and they know what we do for the scene, and i have to say if it was not for the members that are making our DBOX/DREAMBOX section the best on the net then members would not want to doante at all so we need to thank everyone who helps with this because we need good members thats why i believe a friendly forum is a better forum....and dont forget the image writers (you know who you are ;)) that our making some images especially for DW now... and these links from the images themselfs will bring the members here because you might buy something once but when you know that you can get it all here for free then you will think again

traders will always exist we cant do anything about that, passwords, encryption, etc will only make them smarter lets leave them as being low life scum bags and not increase there knowledge ;)

and remember we will have this debate again when we hack something new and cable is dead.... it happened with On digital remember and the C12 and digas

NAME and SHAME is a good method and pleases everyone ;)

Regards
Mickie D

Last edited:
Well put Mickie D name & shame them leeching f@@kers!!!!!!!!

how about this idea...?

I know that everything is free for everyone. but to use them for friends and family. not to make money by selling documents which is someone's hard work.

how about this idea...? we could convert the word document into exe and stamp it with WOD on background. and disable selection of text and printing ,etc. and its hard to copy from this to a word document or txtpad. this way everything would be free and it would remain WOD's property.

now lets talk abt mebiay scums. if someone create user id's of all the sellers, I can try to get their account suspended for indefinite period. I have done similar thing in past so I'm 100% sure that it works.

Cheers

Back